VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"Second time at Kapaa Sands. Everything is run well and kept nicely in the complex. This condo is great for 2 people who want to stay in a central location and be right on the ocean. You can walk for miles along the beachfront path right from your condo. Full kitchen is well-equipped and a good size for a studio. We cooked and had everything we needed. And the weather is lovely! Owner responsive and helpful. Will return!"
Guest: MtnsiderDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 9, 2015
"We can't recommend this condo enough. I have stayed in a variety of places in Kauai over the past decade and this is by far my favorite. We love this condo so much that we've actually stayed there 3 times over the past 2 years so it's about time we leave a review. These are the reasons why we will continue to stay here when visiting Kauai:
1. The condo is clean and tastefully furnished. It's been recently remodeled which is rare to find on the island and the decor is so well done. The kitchen is stocked with so many dishes/appliances that we never ran into issues cooking what we would normally cook at home. The bed is a King size and is very comfortable. The best part, however, is the balcony overlooking the ocean and pool. We spend most of our time out there reading, eating meals, and playing games. The grounds are also well taken care of and we love grilling at night one one of the several grills down by the pool. We've also met some nice visitors from all over the world staying in the complex while cooking!
2. The condo is very central, close to some of the best restaurants on the island and equally close to the south shore and the north shore which is great for those who like to explore the entire island.
3. The owners are responsive and very accommodating. We never had issues contacting them and Howard and Patti were both very nice and easy to do business with.
Overall, we will continue to stay in #124 as long is it's available. Kauai is our happy place and Howard and Patti's home makes being there easy, which is what vacation is all about!"
Guest: Jacqueline P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: September 25, 2015
"What we liked:
- The lanai has beautiful views, we loved to sit there.
- Spacious living room with beautiful details, nice kitchen with everything provided that is needed.
- The bedrooms with adjacent bathrooms are both really nice and comfy.
- There is a safe.
- The condo is a perfect place to see the island, it is in the middle of everything.
What to know:
- There is no elevator, but this was fine with us.
We loved the place, would have loved to stay longer, would come back and will definetly recommend it to our friends."
Guest: Juergen H.Date of Stay: November 2015Review Submitted: November 20, 2015
"First time in Kauai and the process of booking this unit from start to finish was seamless. The instructions from Mark on how and where to find the unit were perfect along with a very easy check-in process. This is a centrally located unit on the island. So if you can't figure out whether to stay in the north or south, this may be the way to go to launch your adventure. You can hear the ocean while your sleeping from here and sit out on the Lanai and enjoy your morning coffer or dinner with the sound of waves crashing. There is an area surrounded by rocks that essentially turn the ocean into a kiddie pool for kids (or adults). The unit is as described and is what you see in the pictures. You will see and hear ocean from your lanai very easily and the landscaping there is amazing.
There is some snorkel gear which came in handy for Lydgate Park just a 3-min drive away where they have an even larger "kiddie pool" where you can see different kinds of fish along the rocks. It's a great place to snorkel if you may be worried about going in the ocean as it is protected so no getting pulled out to sea. Also, there is a farmer's market on Weds morning at Coconut Marketplace (5-min walk) to get some fresh veggies and fruit for your stay. That same marketplace has a small fish market where we got some Monchong caught that day we has as sashimi and some excellent Ahi Poke.
Some other added bonuses is you are a stones throw from the laundry room so you can pack light or get some much needed clothes washed while your eating dinner. Two grocery stores are a mile away (Safeway and Foodland) plus a general store in the Coconut Marketplace (it's undergoing renovations so don't be discouraged when visiting the shopping center). The shops of Kapaa are just a 5 minute drive away with several restaurants to choose from. You're about a 30-minute ride to Poipu or Princeville or Hanalei (don't miss out on Tunnels Beach though-40 mins).
Nearby you have Smith's for a Luau dinner (5 minute drive) or Fern Grotto tour. A very short 10-minute drive to Opaeka'a Falls or Kamokila Hawaiian Village (if Chef George of the Jungle food truck is parked there-get their food or shaved ice at once!)
You'll have plenty in your near vicinity to keep you entertained and busy, but the central location will give you the best of all the island has to offer while coming home to a nice peaceful, relaxing setting in a beautiful condo. I'd go 6-stars if VRBO would let me!"
Guest: Sean C.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 30, 2015