VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We love the Mermaid House! My husband and I and our kids (12, 9 and 7 yrs old) loved coming back to this cozy home after our days adventuring around the island. The layout was very comfortable and we felt we had more than enough room. The kitchen was well equipped and we enjoyed cooking almost all of our meals that week at home. (Great money saver!) Thank you for such a beautiful place to call home for our vacation."
Guest: Nicki R.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: September 11, 2015
"We enjoyed our stay at the Tiki Hut very much. The property was clean and very comfortable. A nice welcome basket was waiting for us upon our arrival with starter supplies - wine, some home made bread, coffees and candies and the property was well stocked with all of the basic necessities. The property grounds are beautiful and offer a very relaxing place to spend an evening after exploring the island during the day. The owners are very friendly and the booking process was easy and smooth.
The parking is off to the side on a dirt road in front of the house and was fine. The only problem for us was that our car rental agency gave us a bigger car than we planned for and it was difficult to turn around on this side road. So, rent a smaller car if staying here.
A couple of suggestions for the owners- replace the ceiling fans! They are wobbly, squeaky and creaky and take a way from the relaxing vibe of the place. Luckily, there was also a stand up fan that we could use to keep the living room fan off. Also, the wifi is terrible. It is basically non-existent in the property expect for a few specific spots. Combined with the seclusion of the North Shore, I had no cell (ATT) or wifi signal at the property. Consider beefing up the signal to the rental.
Overall, we had a great time staying here and would stay here again."
Guest: Ed F.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: November 9, 2015
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015