VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We were a group of thirteen friends from church in Silicon Valley. From the moment we walked into this home we were in awe of the amazing views. It couldn't be any closer to the water, and every single room had a picture perfect view of the ocean. The house was roomy with plenty of beds and bathrooms and everything was clean and looked freshly painted. The beds were very comfortable and we all slept well listening to the waves at night. The deck steps go down to a beach with the most beautiful golden sand I've ever seen. We had to pull chairs from around the house to fit everyone around the dining room table, but cooking breakfast and dinner was easy and we routinely had over five people cooking at once. The neighborhood around the home is safe and beautiful to explore. Management was extremely responsive - we barbequed quite a bit so we ran out of gas: management brought more gas the same day! Every one of us would come back to this home!"
Guest: Christian M.Date of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: February 28, 2015
"I agree with everything other reviewers said, so I hate to add anything negative, but...
The sky lights create a hot-house effect and the ocean breezes don't blow thru the house. The house didn't cool off until about 9pm. Granted, the weather was unusually hot due to El Niño. Two hurricanes (Hilo and Ignacio) passed a few hundred miles from Hawaii while we were here. Looks like 2 more on the way after we left. A whole-house fan would do wonders to pull in the cool outside air.
With all that being said I would stay here again, but I would check the weather patterns when making plans."
Guest: Rodger H.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 2, 2015
The property manager was more than helpful.
The vacation rental was spotless.
I was more than happy with the location.
I was more than satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
Overall, I recommend this vacation rental.
Positive Co-owner of comparable (size, price range) property on Sanibel Island FL Very well appointed, equipped. Just finished 18 month remodel of our home, and used some of the same sorts of fixtures : good choices (labeled switches : good) All-in-one printer/scanner was a "life saver" when I had to do some short notice paperwork. Did not discover beach gear until about 3rd day, but had been sight-seeing anyway. good selection A little confusion on the TV operation, but only tried it once (vacation !!!) Update the wifi instructions in the handbook Good selection of area guides ! Note only reason for 4 stars below is that, for me, 5 is near impossible"
Guest: John H.Date of Stay: November 2015Review Submitted: November 18, 2015
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015