VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015
"We wanted very nice, comfortable, affordable lodging in one of the world's most beautiful spots ... and we found it here. The blurb and the photos do not do justice to how large the living space is and how well furnished it is. The closest beach is less than 5 minutes' walk. Tunnels Beach - the most spectacular - is less than a mile away. The area is wonderfully remote - only one small resort in Haena. Bit of a hike to Hanalei for meals, supplies, activities other than beach related. Acacia was very helpful to deal with. If you want an exceptional meal in Hanalei, book early for Bar-acuda."
Guest: louis b.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 13, 2015
"Let me start by saying that we had one of a kind experience at the Jungle Riverhouse. If you are looking for a unique and super comfortable stay then look no further, you have found it. The place is as described on the post and photos, if not less credited for what they really were. My husband and I stayed for one week with our 8 months old baby and two grandmas. We enjoyed every single moment of our experience.
Upon arrival, we were blown away by how spacious and beautiful the property is. Rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean. There is plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms for everyone to have their space and feel comfortable. The garden is absolutely gorgeous with streams running through and amazing plants and flowers abound. There is also a vegetable and herb garden and of course all kinds of fruit trees! We enjoyed taking walks around the property admiring the landscaping and picking lychees which was a kind of tropical fruit in season during the time we were there. It was another treat to be able to fall asleep to the relaxing sound of the stream and wake up to chirping birds.
The property also has all the amenities you can ask for. The kitchen is well stocked with essentials. We were able to make many gourmet meals. We especially appreciated the items they have available for our little one: a nice comfortable crib, pack and play, high chair, tons of beach toys, etc.
The property is about 10 min drive to Hanalei and very close to the cave and Na Pali coast line trail. We all managed to do the Hanakapiai Beach hike which was one of the many highlights of our trip. The views of the Na'pali coast were simply breathtaking.
Rocky and Amanda are very nice and helpful. They were prompt in answering our questions and accommodating since we had a change in our flight schedule. They and their property manager checked in with us a couple of times during our stay to make sure we had everything we needed which we appreciated. We highly recommend this place and look forward to our return to Kauai and staying there again."
Guest: Ava SDate of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: June 11, 2015