VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Haena reviews
Great house on the North Shore
"Beautiful house, fully equipped, great for our family! Easy access to the beach and all that is going in on Hanalei. Great place to get away from it all, but lots to explore nearby."
Guest: Eugenie M.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 6, 2015
"We were in awe when we walked up the driveway and saw our very own tropical paradise! The interior of the house is decorated with Hawaiian flair and every aspect was extremely clean. It was the perfect cozy home we wanted after spending a week in hotels in Maui. I loved the beach and searching for shells. It was very easy to work with Acacia to book the rental too. We would definitely come back, but not in November, most days it rained on the north shore. Not a problem though, we just headed to the south shore and enjoyed the sunshine there! We loved the little town, Hanelei, with all of the shops and restaurants."
Guest: Cheryl B.Date of Stay: November 2015Review Submitted: November 19, 2015
"We wanted very nice, comfortable, affordable lodging in one of the world's most beautiful spots ... and we found it here. The blurb and the photos do not do justice to how large the living space is and how well furnished it is. The closest beach is less than 5 minutes' walk. Tunnels Beach - the most spectacular - is less than a mile away. The area is wonderfully remote - only one small resort in Haena. Bit of a hike to Hanalei for meals, supplies, activities other than beach related. Acacia was very helpful to deal with. If you want an exceptional meal in Hanalei, book early for Bar-acuda."
Guest: louis b.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 13, 2015
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015