VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Hanalei reviews
Family vacation to remember
"The home we stayed in had everything one could ask for. It was quite spacious, 3 very nice bedrooms, beautiful attached baths, and open and airy layout ideal for the climate in Kauai. It was well stocked with all amenities and everything was neat and tidy. Open kitchen was great as all of us could pitch in and at the same time relax in the spacious attached family room. And it did sleep 10 as advertised, 7 adults and 3 children. The big screened veranda upstairs was the choice of everyone who wanted some quiet time. Ample furniture, cookware, dinnerware and utensils. Altogether a great home for a family vacation.
The beach at Hanalei Bay was a short stroll away, as was "downtown" Hanalei, with all the shops and restaurants. All the beach needs (towels, kids' toys, umbrellas, boogie boards, beach chairs and more) were stocked in the garage. And the bikes were great for young and older adults.
The house was in a quiet neighborhood with beautiful landscaping, but close to all the activities of the town.
I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great home in a great location for a family vacation."
Guest: ChadVDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 15, 2015
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015
"My girlfriend and I chose this Cottage so that we could attend a wedding held on Anini beach. We could not have asked for more perfect accommodations. It was just right for our needs. We had beach chairs snorkel gear beach towels. This was truly the way to go for us over having to go out for breakfast lunch and dinner. Loved having a washer and dryer.You can walk to the beach .
On previous stays I have stayed in resorts but I'm convinced this is way better and certainly this property is one that we will return to
We spent our time there relaxing in mellow surroundings and I can't say it enough that it was perfect for our purposes."
Guest: Jim and Donna Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 5, 2015