VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Hanalei reviews
"WOW! That's pretty much all I can say. I have read all the previous internet reviews and there was not a bad word to be said. Well it's true, there is nothing that I can criticize. Love it!! My kids (14 & 12) have said this is the best place you have ever booked. Do not hesitate in booking your vacation here. So quiet and peaceful, everything and more. Lucas and his booking system was very easy and no stress. I hope that future Dolphin Cottage guests can experience the same as we have, all the way from Australia."
Guest: Samantha M.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 27, 2015
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015
"Wonderful location and views beyond amazing from the beach. Comfy cottage on gorgeous ocean front property behind the main house
Loved it! We had magical time and owners were very kind and accommodating !"
Guest: Allen familyDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 4, 2015
"The cottage was very attractive and clean. When there were issues (for example, not enough linens), the on-island helper was quick and friendly in fixing them. They should definitely advertise the heat pump in the living room and the AC in the bedroom--they were lifesavers in this extraordinary heat wave! (We kind of stumbled upon the heat pump--I wasn't sure what that thing in the ceiling was.) We loved hanging on the porch with the local cat (a sweet outdoor cat you may feed if you'd like--the owners supply the kibble). We particularly appreciated the well-prepared binder of information about the North Shore. Clearly these folks love and care about the island!
The location could be a bit handier for a tourist--we like being able to walk places, and even lovely Anini Beach is more than a mile away. But there's not much the owner can do about that!"
Guest: HollyDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 27, 2015