VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Hanalei reviews
Our second stay, great place !
"We stayed here in 2011 and really liked the house and location so when we had a chance to come to Kauai this year we were lucky to stay at Ann's again. The house is great, easily sleeps 6 or 8, large kitchen and dining area and a great lanai and deck and is well stocked with beach toys. The location couldn't be better- short walk to the beach and Hanalei Town where you can find restaurants, some tourist type shopping and groceries all in walking distance. A very relaxed and comfortable place, we'll be back, again."
Guest: SteveDate of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 8, 2015
"Debbie and Lloyd were great hosts but not intrusive. This is a simple studio with good sized bed for a couple. Additional futon bed was also good for our adult daughter. (This would also suit a couple with two young children). The combination of indoor microwave and outdoor BBQ grill with a side burner for pot or frying pan cooking was excellent. This was literally 150 steps to the quieter end of the beach. The downstairs studio also had a sense of privacy. Off-road parking for vehicle. Plenty of beach gear available for use. It is in residential area which means you do hear the occasional dog barking - but that's part of the experience. Great value when you consider the rates at properties just a short walk down Weke Rd. Perfect for our 10 night stay on this beautiful island."
Guest: Aussie TravellersDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 2, 2015
"We had such a wonderful experience. We were 9 women and we laughed, told old stories, cooked in the wonderful kitchen, walked to the beach and to town and explored the island. Your home was beautiful with an awesome kitchen, internet, walk-in showers..oh my, we had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your home with us...We would highly recommend that anyone who wanted to enjoy the island stay here!!"
Guest: LanaDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 26, 2015
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015