VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Hanalei reviews
"We have been to Hanalei many times. The Frost house is by far the best. All four bedrooms are very nice and no one felt like the poor cousin. The living room opens widely to the lanai. The lanai is well protected and appointed. There were many rain showers during our stay which we enjoyed from the Lanai. when the sun came out we went for a swim which is only a three minute walk from the house. Hanalei bay is heaven. Perfect for four couples."
Guest: Cornelius P.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 16, 2015
The property manager was more than helpful.
The vacation rental was clean.
I was more than happy with the location.
I was satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
Overall, I recommend this vacation rental.
Overall our stay was great, We happened to hit the Islands during a time with some unusual weather,so due to the unseasonable heat & lack of trades .... we were missing air conditioning. The proximity to the beach was great. The ongoing "hustle & bustle" of the beach parking lot, in front of the house, took some getting used to. Charming yard & gardens. Odd that there was no pantry space in the kitchen. Where does one store food?"
Guest: Ashley B.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 21, 2015
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015
"This farmhouse had many wonderful features. The garden is amazing and the view from the backyard is picturesque. The upstairs bedrooms can get very hot during the day but the window air conditioners worked well to cool them before bed. We truly enjoyed the enclosed patio and bbq. About a 20 minute walk to St. Regis and 2 minute drive to Foodland."
Guest: Cecilia G.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: August 8, 2015