VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015
"While the drive from the airport is a little long, about an hour, it is worth it! The house is located in a quiet neighborhood. The walk to the beach is literally a couple minutes. You feel like you are in the middle of the jungle, awaking to the music of a symphony of birds chirping! The house comfortably accommodated 5 of us, with 3 large bedrooms and 2 baths. We stayed a week and wish it was a month! The WiFi allowed the young adults to stay connected to their friends back home. There is so much beauty and so much to do....hiking, kayaking, snorkeling. I would highly recommend this property."
Guest: Kristen H.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 12, 2015
"I visited Kauai for the first time about 3.5 years ago and left a piece of my heart in Haena. When planning my return trip, I knew that a stay on that beautiful stretch of beach was a must. This was the perfect house! It has everything I want when traveling: every home convenience, stunning views and quiet seclusion.
The property and house are beautiful and just a walk through the trees to a great snorkeling beach. I loved the plumerias in bloom under the dining room windows. The wonderful scent was carried on the breezes. The house was clean and well appointed and we didn't find ourselves wanting for anything for daily living. All the rooms were large and comfortable. The garage is filled with tons of beach toys, snorkel gear of varying sizes and beach chairs. It was oversized with room for a large vehicle and had a ping pong table.
While all of that was wonderful, nothing could best the spectacular views of Makana from the lanai and bedrooms. Waking up to the view of the mountain in the glow of dawn with the sound of the waves lapping at the shore is sheer peace and joy. I had the fortune to travel during a new moon and the night sky took my breathe away! The yard is expansive with few large trees, allowing for a fantastic black canvas punched by tens of thousands of stars, at least one shooting star each clear evening, and the Milky Way. A short, early morning stroll up the beach to Haena Point was rewarded with golden sunrises over the bluff at Princeville.
Willi, the owner, was great to work with and very accommodating. She was always pleasant, responsive and answered any questions I had. Many thanks to her for sharing her home!
I love the island and will definitely return! When I do, I will be booking this property again."
Guest: ElenaDate of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 2, 2015