VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015
"Me and my friend came here for our relaxing adventurous getaway and enjoyed every minute. It's pretty far from the airport, but literally a perfect location if you want to locate off the grid. From the moment we stepped into the bungalow it felt like home! It's very peaceful and almost overwhelming the sounds of nature you hear all day and night. The switch on and off candles were a great touch for ambiance and made my dreams sweeter. We rotated beds every night since there are two that are right by the open windows and one stand alone queen bed closer to the bathroom (we definitely loved the beds located near the window best). It's very rare that u hear any disturbances aside from a car door closing. It was almost like I was sleeping with the Ocean waves or ambiance station on my Pandora app!
Last but not least, Dawn the hostess she was amazingly sweet and hospitable and we found ourselves talking to her for hours. So happy to have met her, such a warm person and empathetic. We will definitely be back with hopes to rent the whole bungalow :)"
Guest: Larisa S.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 10, 2015
The property manager was more than helpful.
The vacation rental was spotless.
I was more than happy with the location.
I was more than satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
Overall, I recommend this vacation rental.
Positive Co-owner of comparable (size, price range) property on Sanibel Island FL Very well appointed, equipped. Just finished 18 month remodel of our home, and used some of the same sorts of fixtures : good choices (labeled switches : good) All-in-one printer/scanner was a "life saver" when I had to do some short notice paperwork. Did not discover beach gear until about 3rd day, but had been sight-seeing anyway. good selection A little confusion on the TV operation, but only tried it once (vacation !!!) Update the wifi instructions in the handbook Good selection of area guides ! Note only reason for 4 stars below is that, for me, 5 is near impossible"
Guest: John H.Date of Stay: November 2015Review Submitted: November 18, 2015