VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"For our first trip to Kaua'i (after repeat visits to O'ahu and Maui over many years), I wanted to choose a hideaway cottage where we could feel the beauty and power of the island's nature with five senses. I was also looking for the comfort of high standard in which we would happily wake up to a fresh morning, enjoy the afternoon or relax and wrap up the evening.
If the above resonates well with you, you will probably not regret driving some extra miles after passing Hanalei, crossing a few one-lane bridges, to eventually find your lovely cottage #3 tucked away off the beaten path in Ha'ena. Certainly we did not. We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay there!
Here are some of the things we particularly loved about Cottage #3:
- Ideally tropical environment surrounded by palm trees, looking out to the ocean (the closest to the beach, of 5 cottages on the property)
- Beautiful coral beach steps away and visible from the living room (Almost-private, shared only with just a handful of neighbors)
- Snorkeling with turtles and fish right there!
- Breakfast on the wooden-deck lanai
- Oversized hammock in the garden
- Big bath tub (with a bonus ocean view)
- Nice balance of luxury and practicality, with well-appointed furniture plus everything you need for a comfortable stay
- The owner took good care of us via emails, while respecting our privacy during our entire stay
Just a few reminders:
- To eat out (except at the next-door Mediterranean), you need to drive 10 to 15 minutes to the next small town of Hanalei. We did not mind driving, and ate at a few fine restaurants there including BarAcuda and Dolphin's.
- On the North Shore of Kaua'i, expect some rain. We were very fortunate to have very little during the day, as it rained mostly at night.
- If shopping is on your To-Do List during your stay on the island, you may not complete your mission here.
For my wife and I, it was Paradise! We absolutely loved Cottage #3 and would recommend to others!"
Guest: Kaoru K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 20, 2015
Great views and sunrises just steps away from the beach
"Very private with no crowds, you have the beach pretty much to yourself. 10 minute walk to Tunnels beach for great snorkeling & swimming with the turtles! The home is well stocked with all the amenities. My wife & I stayed for ten days with our daughters (26 & 28 year old girls) and we had plenty of space. Would definitely recommend the house to our friends."
Guest: Butch C.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: November 25, 2015
The property manager was more than helpful.
The vacation rental was spotless.
I was more than happy with the location.
I was more than satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
Overall, I recommend this vacation rental.
Positive Co-owner of comparable (size, price range) property on Sanibel Island FL Very well appointed, equipped. Just finished 18 month remodel of our home, and used some of the same sorts of fixtures : good choices (labeled switches : good) All-in-one printer/scanner was a "life saver" when I had to do some short notice paperwork. Did not discover beach gear until about 3rd day, but had been sight-seeing anyway. good selection A little confusion on the TV operation, but only tried it once (vacation !!!) Update the wifi instructions in the handbook Good selection of area guides ! Note only reason for 4 stars below is that, for me, 5 is near impossible"
Guest: John H.Date of Stay: November 2015Review Submitted: November 18, 2015
"We enjoyed our stay at the Tiki Hut very much. The property was clean and very comfortable. A nice welcome basket was waiting for us upon our arrival with starter supplies - wine, some home made bread, coffees and candies and the property was well stocked with all of the basic necessities. The property grounds are beautiful and offer a very relaxing place to spend an evening after exploring the island during the day. The owners are very friendly and the booking process was easy and smooth.
The parking is off to the side on a dirt road in front of the house and was fine. The only problem for us was that our car rental agency gave us a bigger car than we planned for and it was difficult to turn around on this side road. So, rent a smaller car if staying here.
A couple of suggestions for the owners- replace the ceiling fans! They are wobbly, squeaky and creaky and take a way from the relaxing vibe of the place. Luckily, there was also a stand up fan that we could use to keep the living room fan off. Also, the wifi is terrible. It is basically non-existent in the property expect for a few specific spots. Combined with the seclusion of the North Shore, I had no cell (ATT) or wifi signal at the property. Consider beefing up the signal to the rental.
Overall, we had a great time staying here and would stay here again."
Guest: Ed F.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: November 9, 2015