VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent South Kihei (Kamaole I & II Beaches Area) reviews
Quiet condo with plenty of room for a family
"The condo was terrific with plenty of room for a family of 5. Kitchen was fully stocked with dishes and pots and pans as well as condiments. Just needed to buy food and settle in. Lanai was private with a nice view. Plenty of toys and boogie boards and chairs. Recommend to anyone"
Guest: Red Deer Family Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: May 16, 2015
Affordable, Great Location, Comfy Bed, Well Stocked!
"My husband and I left the kids behind for a 5-year anniversary trip and it was truly a great getaway!
We arrived at Kihei Akhai at about midnight in our arrival date. The late check-in process was quick and painless. The condo was perfectly located for the activities we would want to do during our stay: beach, pool, golf, scuba, tennis, etc. It was also close to restaurants and groceries. We would say the location was "excellent" and that is the most important thing to us.
The condo was by no means spotless, but it was clean enough. I knew what to expect based on the pictures provided in the ad and the pictures were accurate. I was, however thrown off by the following statement in the ad:
"It has been completely renovated in the last year. Almost everything in this beautiful unit is brand new." As a renovator and landlord myself, I feel that this is a deceiving statement. The only thing that we could see was "new"ish is the carpet in the living room and bedroom and maybe some furniture. Everything else was very very dated. Coming back to my comment re: cleanliness, I felt that it was as clean as it could have been considering the sheer age of the shower, counters, tile, appliances, etc.
The condo was well stocked with beach gear, which is something that we appreciated! Also, we were provided with plenty of towels and cooking utensils.
The air conditioning cooled the living room and kitchen very well and with the assistance of the fan in the bedroom we were also a good temperature when we slept. There is a window above the closets in the bedroom that leads out to the hallway and it is not a fixed pane of glass. There wasn't very much sound proofing from the hallway and when someone walked down the hallway talking it sounded like they were in our room! However, this seemed to be a common form of "window" throughout Maui.
Our flight did not leave until 11:30pm on our check out date so I requested a late checkout. I was denied which was a slight disappointment. It would have been nice to have a nap and shower in the early afternoon to make the most of our day. Just a suggestion for future renters: request your late checkout on your first day. Maybe they will be more accommodating?
Anyways, we had a fabulous time in Maui and enjoyed Kihei Akhai very much. We would stay in this property again and would suggest it to others. If you plan on spending a lot of time in your condo, perhaps pay the $200+/night for luxury. if not, this is perfect! Thanks!"
Guest: Brittany H.Date of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: February 17, 2015
"My wife and I recently stayed at this property for 5 days for a small vacay while attending a close friend's wedding. Below are brief notes about the property that may be useful if you're considering staying here;
- The best thing about the condo was it's location. It's was close to grocery markets, eateries, coffee shops, gyms, gas stations, dry cleaners, etc; all within a mile of the property.
- The support staff for the condo were friendly and very responsive (from booking to registration office). Information for check-in/out procedures were well detailed. I received a friendly follow up call from the property mgmt office on my check out day, which was nice.
- I'm a stickler for cleanliness, which I would rate the unit as a good 9 out of 10. My only suggestion to the owner/mgmt office would be to clean the ceiling fan (and surrounding ceiling area) in the bedroom as it was awfully dusty and may pose an issue for those with sensitive allergy issues.
- On Privacy, the unit is on the second floor with the balcony facing the garden/front parking lot. The condo as a whole was nice and quiet with good neighbors. The only drawback were some of the blinds that cover the sliding door were missing, leaving an opening for outsiders to see in during the evening. Some may feel uncomfortable with this. The property mgmt office advised they were aware of this and will be working to replace the missing blinds.
- Accessibility to the condo is good. There is a facility elevator available and staircase by the rear-side.
- The bed was awesomely comfortable. If I could pack the queen size pillow-top mattress in my luggage, I would have! :)
- Lots of extras for the beach-goers; chairs, paddle boards, snorkel gear, towels, etc. all neatly secured in a closet
- It was pretty warm in Maui the week we visited, so we used the condo's A/C during our stay. There are 2 A/C units; 1 in the living room and 1 in the bedroom and both worked well. Just a friendly note that the unit in the bedroom is a standing portable A/C unit. The drawback on this unit is that it's next to the bed by the window and was a bit loud when turned on. Unfortunately, we couldn't relocate it further away from the bed area due to the exhaust hose that was latched to the base of the window.
To close, I would definitely stay here again. The staff were great and responsive, the condo's location was prime, it was clean, and safe for travelers. Thank you the great stay Maui Vista!"
Guest: J S.Date of Stay: September 2014Review Submitted: September 23, 2014
"We had a fabulous time in this beautiful condo. We have repeated our visits here many times as we have everything we could possibly need. The condo is well appointed and the view is breathtaking. Sue is a delight to work with. She makes everything so easy. We hope to return again either in the fall or next Spring. We would highly recommend this condo."
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: May 14, 2015