VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
The property manager was very helpful.
The vacation rental was spotless.
I was very happy with the location.
I was more than satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
Overall, I recommend this vacation rental.
We rented the house for five days for a friend's wedding. The house was no frills but the location can't be beat. 10 feet and you are on the beach. Need some maintenance but overall a great stay. The fact the house doesn't have air conditioning needs to be more prominently mentioned."
Guest: Brian K.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 13, 2015
"We've been coming to Hawaii with family for over 40 years. We've been to every island. This trip on Oahu at the Mokuleia Beach House was the best ever. Fabulous house, magnificent setting, wonderful beach, which we had all to ourselves. It could not have been better! Plus the kitchen and dining table allowed all twelve of us to cook and dine together.
Many thanks ..... we all eagerly look forward to another stay."
Guest: Kathy D.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 6, 2015
"As wonderful as this house is, what really wowed us was the attention and care given to us by Michalene, the property manager! But im getting ahead of myself. We spent two weeks at this tropical paradise after spending time at two other homes...this was by far our favorite. It is so beautifully decorated and was so, so clean. You can tell right away that Michalene and the owner take excellent care of the property. They really care about your overall experience on the island. For example: we arrived to the house after a storm, only to find out the electricity in the area was out! Michalene was so very very worried about us, she spent an hour waiting on the phone with the electric company. We had candles and a flashlight, we were fine. I told her we once survived 3 1/2 days in northern Wisconsin without electricity because of a tornado... a few hours was no big deal! But she was still concerned for us, she continually checked on us. As it turned out the lights came back on before it got really dark! That personal attention is impressive! The pictures on the internet are very acurate...you will not be dissappointed at all. We are returning next year and have already decided to come back to this "home away from home"."
Guest: L & JDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: March 26, 2015
"I rented this condo while working at nearby Wheeler AAF for several weeks. It was an excellent (and much cheaper) alternative to staying all the way down in Waikiki and dealing with Honolulu traffic every day. A coworker and I were able to share the condo very comfortably since there are two bedrooms with private bathrooms. My biggest worry was that my boss would find out we were staying in such a nice place!
The highlights of the property are the incredible views from the lanai, exposure to ocean breezes, and the serenity of the surroundings. Waking up to a view of the Pacific (and coffee on the lanai) every morning was incredible. Being on the third floor made it fun/easy to spot sea turtles and have great views of the sunset. The subtle sounds of wind and waves accompany you at all times. It's hard not to feel relaxed in such an atmosphere.
A few details:
- We were there during a relatively warm period in July/August, but the trade winds and ceiling fans in each room kept us comfortable.
- Although the apartment is in a big condo building, we never heard the neighbors once. Good soundproofing.
- The condo has everything you need in terms of kitchen appliances, towels, linens, and even snorkeling gear.
- Washing machine/dryer work quite well - very handy.
- The condo includes a reserved parking spot in the ground-level garage. The spot itself it a little tight, but we appreciated the shade and the security of being in the garage.
- Unlike some other parts of Waialua, the ocean in front of the condo building has a sandy bottom for the first 25 feet or so, which is really nice. Beyond that the bottom turns rocky but is perfect for snorkeling and swimming with (near) the turtles. The reef keeps the waters calm.
- Running/biking trail along Waialua Beach Road is great for morning exercise.
- Mark and Jane were easy to work with and obviously take pride in their home away from home.
Being in Hawaii for several weeks was an unforgettable experience. Wish I could go back!"
Guest: Scott & Co.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 19, 2015