VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"What a wonderful, clean, comfortable cottage on the north shore. The cottage was well equipped with everything. We couldn't have found a better place to stay. The sounds of the ocean, the sunsets, the beautiful beach, the shooting stars, --- amazing!"
Guest: SandyDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 14, 2015
"Really nice looking place. Pots and pans were limited. Sink in the bathroom is great if you are tall, but for us shorter people it was difficult to use. Would be very difficult for children. Great view of the ocean."
Guest: Patricia C.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 1, 2015
"I rented this condo while working at nearby Wheeler AAF for several weeks. It was an excellent (and much cheaper) alternative to staying all the way down in Waikiki and dealing with Honolulu traffic every day. A coworker and I were able to share the condo very comfortably since there are two bedrooms with private bathrooms. My biggest worry was that my boss would find out we were staying in such a nice place!
The highlights of the property are the incredible views from the lanai, exposure to ocean breezes, and the serenity of the surroundings. Waking up to a view of the Pacific (and coffee on the lanai) every morning was incredible. Being on the third floor made it fun/easy to spot sea turtles and have great views of the sunset. The subtle sounds of wind and waves accompany you at all times. It's hard not to feel relaxed in such an atmosphere.
A few details:
- We were there during a relatively warm period in July/August, but the trade winds and ceiling fans in each room kept us comfortable.
- Although the apartment is in a big condo building, we never heard the neighbors once. Good soundproofing.
- The condo has everything you need in terms of kitchen appliances, towels, linens, and even snorkeling gear.
- Washing machine/dryer work quite well - very handy.
- The condo includes a reserved parking spot in the ground-level garage. The spot itself it a little tight, but we appreciated the shade and the security of being in the garage.
- Unlike some other parts of Waialua, the ocean in front of the condo building has a sandy bottom for the first 25 feet or so, which is really nice. Beyond that the bottom turns rocky but is perfect for snorkeling and swimming with (near) the turtles. The reef keeps the waters calm.
- Running/biking trail along Waialua Beach Road is great for morning exercise.
- Mark and Jane were easy to work with and obviously take pride in their home away from home.
Being in Hawaii for several weeks was an unforgettable experience. Wish I could go back!"
Guest: Scott & Co.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 19, 2015
"We have enjoyed this unit for the past few years and love the quiet, peaceful location. I love relaxing at the pool and watching the skydivers come floating back down to earth. We also enjoy watching the sunset from the sea wall. While it's 40 minutes from Honolulu, it's easy to plan a days outing if you want to shop and visit sites on the other side of the island. We enjoy watching the Banzai Pipeline surfing at Sunset Beach and visiting the shrimp and food trucks on the North Shore. The historic town of Haleiwia is just down the road and Waimaie Falls is not much farther. The unit is very comfortable for two and will accommodate more if needed. Everything you need is available, just bring your bathing suit!"
Guest: Alaskan FriendsDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: March 19, 2015