VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"I rented this condo while working at nearby Wheeler AAF for several weeks. It was an excellent (and much cheaper) alternative to staying all the way down in Waikiki and dealing with Honolulu traffic every day. A coworker and I were able to share the condo very comfortably since there are two bedrooms with private bathrooms. My biggest worry was that my boss would find out we were staying in such a nice place!
The highlights of the property are the incredible views from the lanai, exposure to ocean breezes, and the serenity of the surroundings. Waking up to a view of the Pacific (and coffee on the lanai) every morning was incredible. Being on the third floor made it fun/easy to spot sea turtles and have great views of the sunset. The subtle sounds of wind and waves accompany you at all times. It's hard not to feel relaxed in such an atmosphere.
A few details:
- We were there during a relatively warm period in July/August, but the trade winds and ceiling fans in each room kept us comfortable.
- Although the apartment is in a big condo building, we never heard the neighbors once. Good soundproofing.
- The condo has everything you need in terms of kitchen appliances, towels, linens, and even snorkeling gear.
- Washing machine/dryer work quite well - very handy.
- The condo includes a reserved parking spot in the ground-level garage. The spot itself it a little tight, but we appreciated the shade and the security of being in the garage.
- Unlike some other parts of Waialua, the ocean in front of the condo building has a sandy bottom for the first 25 feet or so, which is really nice. Beyond that the bottom turns rocky but is perfect for snorkeling and swimming with (near) the turtles. The reef keeps the waters calm.
- Running/biking trail along Waialua Beach Road is great for morning exercise.
- Mark and Jane were easy to work with and obviously take pride in their home away from home.
Being in Hawaii for several weeks was an unforgettable experience. Wish I could go back!"
Guest: Scott & Co.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 19, 2015
"This beautiful home exceeded our expectations. The wow factor exceeds 5-star but it is the peacefulness and the way it just feels like home that will make you wanting to come back time and again. Our family had the vacation of a lifetime in Hawaii and we feel so blessed to have been able to share it in this beautiful home. We loved the location, saw whales and sea turtles daily from the lanais and truly enjoyed the aloha experience. The home is even lovelier in person than the pictures."
Guest: LinDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: February 20, 2015
"Lovely apartment. Trade winds came in upstairs every day. So enjoyable. The beach was less than a block away and not busy. Fun watching the sea turtles so close to shore. The neighborhood was nice and friendly. So convenient to Haleiwa town. Loved the elevator key for getting heavy luggage up and down. The apartment had everything we needed except we had to go out and buy more toilet paper and paper towels. We were much appreciative of the additional fans that were in the bedrooms. They helped with the street noise and air circulation. The bathroom could use an exhaust fan. It got very hot in there during shower time. We are happy with our North Shore visit. We chose the North Short because my friend lives so close and I'm glad we did."
Guest: Shaireese F.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 28, 2015
"A nice apartment, lots of space and I appreciate that they had all the kitchen tools and even some core spices etc available. We were well received by the rental agency representative, much appreciated. The turtles on the beach are fantastic and there is a good sand beach only a short walk away."
Guest: JDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 8, 2015