VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"I rented this condo while working at nearby Wheeler AAF for several weeks. It was an excellent (and much cheaper) alternative to staying all the way down in Waikiki and dealing with Honolulu traffic every day. A coworker and I were able to share the condo very comfortably since there are two bedrooms with private bathrooms. My biggest worry was that my boss would find out we were staying in such a nice place!
The highlights of the property are the incredible views from the lanai, exposure to ocean breezes, and the serenity of the surroundings. Waking up to a view of the Pacific (and coffee on the lanai) every morning was incredible. Being on the third floor made it fun/easy to spot sea turtles and have great views of the sunset. The subtle sounds of wind and waves accompany you at all times. It's hard not to feel relaxed in such an atmosphere.
A few details:
- We were there during a relatively warm period in July/August, but the trade winds and ceiling fans in each room kept us comfortable.
- Although the apartment is in a big condo building, we never heard the neighbors once. Good soundproofing.
- The condo has everything you need in terms of kitchen appliances, towels, linens, and even snorkeling gear.
- Washing machine/dryer work quite well - very handy.
- The condo includes a reserved parking spot in the ground-level garage. The spot itself it a little tight, but we appreciated the shade and the security of being in the garage.
- Unlike some other parts of Waialua, the ocean in front of the condo building has a sandy bottom for the first 25 feet or so, which is really nice. Beyond that the bottom turns rocky but is perfect for snorkeling and swimming with (near) the turtles. The reef keeps the waters calm.
- Running/biking trail along Waialua Beach Road is great for morning exercise.
- Mark and Jane were easy to work with and obviously take pride in their home away from home.
Being in Hawaii for several weeks was an unforgettable experience. Wish I could go back!"
Guest: Scott & Co.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 19, 2015
"We (6 adults; ages 22-84) stayed at the house in mid-July and the house was amazing. I don't think we could have found anything as nice. The house was exactly as the pictures and description. The lanai was relaxing any time of the day. The backyard and beach were peaceful and the sound of the waves relaxing. The house was within 30 minutes to most locations on the island. The beaches and towns on the North Shore are minutes away offering many different things to do. We stayed for 10 days and the house felt like home. Joey Ann was very easy to work with and I would recommend this house to anyone planning a vacation in Oahu. We all agreed that we would stay at Waialua Honu Hale next time we vacation in Oahu."
Guest: PaulDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 13, 2015
The property manager was very helpful.
The vacation rental was spotless.
I was more than happy with the location.
I was very satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
Overall, I recommend this vacation rental.
We wanted to stay longer. The location was good. The house was great. We had the room we needed and enjoyed our week very much. The only problem we had was the cracked and leaking, basically not useable spa. They ordered a new one, but not in time for our stay."
Guest: Colleen s.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 10, 2015
"Everything was as advertised including the sea turtles and the sunsets. Well maintained cottage in a very quiet environment. Ideal for those who need to be away from the hyperactive city lifestyle. The location on the beach (at low tide, otherwise the water level reach the protection wall) is perfect with miles of white sand beaches. Water can be rough and protective reef shoes are advised but you easily find some spots for a perfect swim and/or snorkeling. The north shore offers plenty of facilities on the country side of Oahu making your stay very comfortable. If your vacation dream is a condo on Waikiki, pass your way..."
Guest: Patrick M.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 10, 2015