VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"I rented this condo while working at nearby Wheeler AAF for several weeks. It was an excellent (and much cheaper) alternative to staying all the way down in Waikiki and dealing with Honolulu traffic every day. A coworker and I were able to share the condo very comfortably since there are two bedrooms with private bathrooms. My biggest worry was that my boss would find out we were staying in such a nice place!
The highlights of the property are the incredible views from the lanai, exposure to ocean breezes, and the serenity of the surroundings. Waking up to a view of the Pacific (and coffee on the lanai) every morning was incredible. Being on the third floor made it fun/easy to spot sea turtles and have great views of the sunset. The subtle sounds of wind and waves accompany you at all times. It's hard not to feel relaxed in such an atmosphere.
A few details:
- We were there during a relatively warm period in July/August, but the trade winds and ceiling fans in each room kept us comfortable.
- Although the apartment is in a big condo building, we never heard the neighbors once. Good soundproofing.
- The condo has everything you need in terms of kitchen appliances, towels, linens, and even snorkeling gear.
- Washing machine/dryer work quite well - very handy.
- The condo includes a reserved parking spot in the ground-level garage. The spot itself it a little tight, but we appreciated the shade and the security of being in the garage.
- Unlike some other parts of Waialua, the ocean in front of the condo building has a sandy bottom for the first 25 feet or so, which is really nice. Beyond that the bottom turns rocky but is perfect for snorkeling and swimming with (near) the turtles. The reef keeps the waters calm.
- Running/biking trail along Waialua Beach Road is great for morning exercise.
- Mark and Jane were easy to work with and obviously take pride in their home away from home.
Being in Hawaii for several weeks was an unforgettable experience. Wish I could go back!"
Guest: Scott & Co.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 19, 2015
"The location was great. Short walk to a beautiful, uncrowded beach on the ocean. Quiet neighborhood. Laundry facilities were okay. The air conditioner in the Master bedroom did not work! They were repairing the roof top barbecue so that was not available. Internet worked great. Trent was available and responsive for questions. Don't leave out any food or you may have tiny ants. It's PARADISE!!"
Guest: Julie M.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 31, 2015
"From the moment my family & I arrived at the beautiful Honu Hale home we felt like we were home. My family consisted of 5 people ages, 82, 54, 53, 29, & 28 and we had plenty of room for 5 adults to enjoy our stay. JoAnn, the housekeeper, greeted us upon our arrival. JoAnn provided us with a long list of suggested places to see & things to do. She is a true gem. The house was fully stocked with plenty of bath towels, beach towels, laundry soap, bath soaps, etc., therefore the only items we needed to purchase were the food we would need for the week. The house basically looks as pictured, and the view from the backyard is amazing as you are literally 30 steps from the ocean. The pathway to the beach from the backyard is a little hard to get to for older or very young individuals, however there is a nice pathway on the other side of the house that will lead you to the ocean very nicely. There are plenty of beach chairs, snorkel gear, boogie boards to use for your backyard beach, available in the laundry room for your use. The house is nicely decorated, clean and well kept and listening to the ocean at night as your sleeping is wonderful! We visited the restaurants & did some shopping (including grocery shopping) in Haleiwa which is only a short drive from the home. We also visited Pearl Harbor, and a luau near Honolulu which were all easy to get to from this house.
The owner of the home, Joey Ann was wonderful to work with and was always quick to respond to my emails before arriving, as well as my inquiries once arrived. Joey Ann also returned my damage deposit within a week of arriving home. I would definitely recommend this home to anyone inquiring of a great place to stay right on the ocean."
Guest: Paula C.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 3, 2015