VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We travel to idaho every year by Rv and this year decided to upgrade to some slightly more comfortable accommodation. We expected it to be nice but it was way above our expectations. So comfortable and cosy and the scenery right outside the back patio was spectacular. Everyone on our group (all adults) were equally impressed. Thank you Sheri and Mike for allowing us the pleasure of experiencing your home and beautiful surroundings for our stay.
All the CA mc crew."
Guest: Steve b.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: October 27, 2015
"We used the cabin as a base camp for our trip to Yellowstone. The drive from the cabin to Yellowstone was about 40 minutes. Overall, the cabin met our expectations.
- enjoyed some ID attractions that I wouldn't have bothered with if I had stayed somewhere else. This included Mesa Falls, Johnny Sack Cabin, and a float trip with Macks Inn.
- comfortable beds and peaceful sleeping on the island
- nicely decorated
- good kitchen in working order
- nice bathrooms that had plenty of towels
- kids enjoyed the trampoline in the backyard
- fairly priced against other Yellowstone destinations
- No extra garbage bags or paper towels were available. I think this was an oversight and not done on purpose.
- Exhaust fan in the bathroom quit working.
- Some board games are incomplete.
- No wi-fi and little-to-no cell phone service (probably due to heavy tree cover)
- Audio/Video setup in living room is a bit cumbersome. I think someone who had a prior stay had messed with it and disconnected the satellite receiver.
- The lake is a bit disappointing this time of year. It looks like it's drawn down pretty low."
Guest: Brad R.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 24, 2015
"I ratify the other reviews. We were three couples who stayed a week and spent most of our active time riding our bikes on the fantastic Trail of the Coeur d'Alene. We also rented a boat from Mike and Patty for the day to tour the lake, which was good fun.
Mike and Patty are excellent local hosts who both grew up in the Harrison area. The house is very nice with a large 4 stall garage for all your toys and a good driveway. One of the two downstairs bedrooms is a bit small, but the three beds were all good. Everyone slept well and played hard. Both the upper and lower decks are great with nice views. If you are there in the hot months, bring an extra umbrella to supplement the one that is there for late afternoon when the sun is hard to shield (tie to railing) or simply move to the lower deck.
It is a steep gravel road down to the lake, communal dock, and paved bike trail. Most will probably choose to drive down and park unless you are on a mountain bike.
Many mornings we rode the bike trail to Plummer, a wonderful 28 mile round trip route along the lake and up through a delightful forested valley. A perfect and gorgeous workout to start the day. Go the other way up the river and you have another 30 lovely miles (one way) until the trail starts to parallel I-90. Wildlife abounds in both directions. Take a day and ride the super Hiawatha Trail at the divide.
Harrison is just a few miles away and is fun and quaint. It gets busy on weekends, but can be sleepy during the week."
Guest: AlDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 29, 2015
"This beautiful house exceeded our expectations. It easily accommodated our large group--12 adults and 15 children. The kids loved running around the huge yard and hiking up the hill in back. We floated the river in Lave Hot Springs in the afternoon (10 minute drive away) and had bonfire at night. The kitchens had every tool and there were even spices in the pantry. The house is charmingly decorated and does not feel like a rental--it feels like home. It is a wonderful find. We hope to return again."
Guest: Christine N.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: September 17, 2015