VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We stayed at this property for a couples getaway. Everything was awesome from Janice greeting us upon arrival, a few surprises she had for us to make our stay even more comfortable. The beds were comfortable, linens were clean, the home was very clean and in excellent condition. I have never had this type of service and experience at any other rental homes. Only thing that could be changed is make sure the seasonings and condiments in the house are still in date a few were expired and should be thrown away. Janice exceeded our expectations and went over and beyond to make this stay great! If I was to travel back to New Orleans I would definitely stay there again. It definitely felt like home away from away."
Guest: KeviDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 17, 2015
"Our stay was awesome. Everything we needed was available. We had a thunderstorm and we were still excited to be there with no lights at all, but the cabin was equipped. Enjoyed the lake, peace and serenity is what we took home. We absolutely loved it. Just make sure to bring your food items, not many meat markets that could accomodate our stay. Overall we definitely look forward to going back."
Guest: Trina B.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 23, 2015
"I booked The Lofty Oasis for a six day stay based on the location after conferring with family and friends who know the area. It was a fantastic trip!
There are a few things to be aware of with The Lofty Oasis. Not negatives, per se, just things to know before you book. (My husband didn't want me to write this part, but I would rather know the down sides before booking rather than after!)
1. It is really small. The hubs and I are big people, so maybe it seemed that much smaller to us, but it was really small.
2. The bathroom has louvered doors. You're in New Orleans. You're eating spicy foods. You're drinking. If you are someone who needs total privacy when doing your bathroom business, be aware that you can be heard. You need to have a certain level of intimacy if you're sharing this space!
3. The stairs leading up to the Oasis are a little steep and you need to unlock the right side with the key then unlock the slides on the left side to fit yourself and your luggage through the doors. I booked in September, and in December I developed some health issues that made this a challenge for me personally.
That being said, there are WAY more positives to the Oasis, and even knowing the above now, I still would book the Oasis for all of the following reasons:
1. Carol. She's wonderful. We arrived Thursday night and didn't see her until Tuesday evening, but we were welcomed warmly. We ran into her on the riverfront as well as on the apartment stairs, and every conversation was warm and friendly. She's a fabulous hostess.
2. The location. I'd never been to NOLA before, and based on what I'd heard, we didn't rent a car. We didn't need one at all. The Oasis is in a safe residential neighborhood right at the end of Bourbon Street where it intersects Esplanade. It's two blocks or so from Frenchmen Street. It's a few blocks from the end of the Riverfront Street Car and the French Market. We walked EVERYWHERE, about 5 to 7 miles a day. It was awesome.
3. Affordability. We would have had to spend double the price for a hotel in this same location. Seriously - can't beat the pricing.
4. Convenience. We'd go back and forth to the apartment several times a day. So easy and much more comfortable than an impersonal hotel.
If you are looking for an intimate personal local New Orleans experience, we highly recommend The Lofty Oasis!!!"
Guest: Lisa P.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 7, 2015