VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This was our first trip to Mount Desert Island and I could not think of a better place to stay. The cabin was rustic, cozy and very well stocked with all of the day to day essentials. And the location was perfect, nestled among the many trails and a very short drive (no more than 20 minutes max.) to Southwest Harbor, Northeast Harbor, Bar Harbor and the entrance to Acadia National Park. We stayed warm on the cool September evenings with the living room fireplace and master bedroom wood stove and the wood pile, like the rest of the cabin was well stocked! The view of Echo Lake was incredible and we took full advantage of our own private dock to kayak every day. Thank you to Claire for being extremely accommodating and for providing quick responses to our inquiries. This will be our preferred lodging for our next trip to MDI!"
Guest: Tom B.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 13, 2015
"We just returned from an awesome Maine vac and staying at the NortherNest was perfect in every way. As everyone else has commented, the owners have thought of everything possible to give their renters the over and beyond treatment.
*Clean and inviting home that has everything well thought out.. A breakfast nook, deck seating, fenced in grassy area and gated deck for the dogs. Lovely decor. Every tool and kitchen and bathroom supplies.
* Acadia Park pass plus surrounding area info
* Beautiful view of bay from the home. Plus plentiful gardens with fresh veggies and herbs! We made fresh salads...lettuce, beets, carrots, cukes, tomatoes, squash...to name a few! Wonderful!
* Private beach- our dogs loved to roam and have fun every day. Found some sea glass and a star fish. Saw a sea. Gorgeous views, peaceful and serene. Kayaks were available to use also.
* Location was great. 10-15 min to Bar Harbor. Acadia Park, Ellsworth, SW Harbor and other small towns within close proximity.
* Restaurants and shopping galore...too many to choose from. Paddy's, Side Street Cafe in Bar Harbor were great. Also 2 Cats Inn & Cafe for breakfast.
* Must do- Be the first to witness the sun rise in the USA on Cadillac Mnt. It was really windy and cold but worth it...dress accordingly in Oct, worth seeing! Acadia National Park...Sand Beach, small but beautiful, saw an eagle there. The trail there is awesome, you will pass Thunder Hole also.
I'm sure I am forgetting many other suggestions but I just wanted to let any future renters know, this place is a gem of a place. Thanks Julee and Pete for making our vac a perfect one!"
Guest: Annette P.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: October 13, 2015
"We loved the Northridge townhouse. We were very impressed with the cleanness, comfort of the beds and the helpfulness of the owners. The Barkers provided great insight into hiking, biking, restaurants and more. The extras at the house were so nice (for example a basket of books about Acaida, laundry room with detergent and more) We truly felt at home during our vacation. It is also nice the townhouse is so close to Acaida entrance and downtown Bar Harbor."
Guest: Phil W.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: September 24, 2015
"Owners, Jon and Nancy, were most kind to our family. We found the water-view and the property to quiet and peaceful. One can see that Jon and Nancy take pride in their gardens and property. Top Sail was clean, well equipped and maintained. The property was accurately depicted in the photos and written description. Top Sail comfortably sleeps 8. Having a washer and dryer, two kitchens and two baths was most convenient. As we paddled in their kayaks, we enjoyed looking at the boats in Southwest Harbor. Southwest Harbor has cute shops and several nice eats. Beals: informal, great lobster; The Little Notch: excellent bake goods and sandwiches; and Sips' blueberry pancakes are awesome. The ride was easy to beautiful Acadia NP and Bar Harbor. Sunrise and sunset in Acadia are memorable. Bar Harbor is so much fun with shops, eats and excursions. I highly recommend Top Sail and I would return again."
Guest: Donna W.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 14, 2015