VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We rented for 2 weeks. The property is clean and well stocked. Our dogs could wander without bothering anyone. Betsy was easy to reach if we needed anything. The view is awsome and there is water access for kayaks should you choose to bring them. The property is close to Bar Harbor while just a few miles from Ellsworth. When the sun shines and it is hot outside, the upstairs and porch get very warm. Window blinds would be great. I would definitely rent this again."
Guest: KathyDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 8, 2015
"Wonderful location close to Acadia National Park, right on the water. The house is super comfortable and very open and attractive. I especially loved the kitchen, which was clearly stocked by a serious cook, and the deck. Incredible setting and just a great experience overall, would love to go back."
Guest: Diane L.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 15, 2015
"We just returned from an awesome Maine vac and staying at the NortherNest was perfect in every way. As everyone else has commented, the owners have thought of everything possible to give their renters the over and beyond treatment.
*Clean and inviting home that has everything well thought out.. A breakfast nook, deck seating, fenced in grassy area and gated deck for the dogs. Lovely decor. Every tool and kitchen and bathroom supplies.
* Acadia Park pass plus surrounding area info
* Beautiful view of bay from the home. Plus plentiful gardens with fresh veggies and herbs! We made fresh salads...lettuce, beets, carrots, cukes, tomatoes, squash...to name a few! Wonderful!
* Private beach- our dogs loved to roam and have fun every day. Found some sea glass and a star fish. Saw a sea. Gorgeous views, peaceful and serene. Kayaks were available to use also.
* Location was great. 10-15 min to Bar Harbor. Acadia Park, Ellsworth, SW Harbor and other small towns within close proximity.
* Restaurants and shopping galore...too many to choose from. Paddy's, Side Street Cafe in Bar Harbor were great. Also 2 Cats Inn & Cafe for breakfast.
* Must do- Be the first to witness the sun rise in the USA on Cadillac Mnt. It was really windy and cold but worth it...dress accordingly in Oct, worth seeing! Acadia National Park...Sand Beach, small but beautiful, saw an eagle there. The trail there is awesome, you will pass Thunder Hole also.
I'm sure I am forgetting many other suggestions but I just wanted to let any future renters know, this place is a gem of a place. Thanks Julee and Pete for making our vac a perfect one!"
Guest: Annette P.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: October 13, 2015
"This was our first visit to Maine. We were thrilled with the amazing view of the water and easy access for kayaking! (We were right across from several islands to explore) We spent most nights outside enjoying the view on the very cozy outdoor furniture next to the fire. The kitchen was well equipped with anything and everything you would need. High end cookwear and knife set! (We are from New Orleans so we like a good kitchen to cook in). The owner was easy to reach when we had a minor issue. The barn at Mainstay was fabulous."
Guest: Amanda Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 23, 2015