VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Falmouth reviews
Best House On The Cape - Magical
"This was the second year my family has stayed in this home for our annual Cape Cod vacation and it could not possibly be more perfect. I'll make this easy to read by bullet-pointing:
- It's an old Victorian-style with lots of character that really makes you feel like you're getting a storybook "Cape Cod" experience. Outdoor deck with big table for meals!
- Don't laugh, this is significant: It is right across the street from the most charming breakfast cafe **ever** with the best breakfast food I have **ever** had. I say this as a "brunch person" who has lived in 5 U.S. cities including (currently) Boston. It's a tiny adorable hut where the owners work from-scratch magic into each dish; wander on over for the best mornings of your life every day of your vacation!! It takes them awhile to bring you your food but that is just *perfect* for easing into another glorious Cape Cod day - especially with the outdoor seating. If you don't want a full meal they have from-scratch baked goods every morning you can grab to go. Cinnamon rolls, blueberry buckle, and more. All to DIE for.
- It's walking distance to Chappy beach (a lovely walk).
- It's an easy drive to Old Silver Beach (sometimes there's a wait for parking - we always bring one bike so that one of us can drop everyone else off and then bike over if parking has a wait).
- The manual for the home will tell you about a best-kept-local-secret swimming hole with tons of parking, few people, and a perfect pond beach for kids or anyone else who wants a break from the waves. You can even bring big inter-tubes, which is no longer allowed at most beaches!
- Right down the street from this house is the "General Market," a tiny gourmet grocery with AMAZING sandwiches. Be sure to try some of the "Cape Cod Gourmet Toffee" - locally handmade euphoria.
- It's an easy drive to adorable downtown Falmouth where there are great eateries and cute shops. Don't miss the "Parisian" baguette sandwiches at the Boulangerie.
- It's about 20 minutes from Mashpee where there's a great movie theater for rainy days, great shopping, and still more great food.
- It's not too far from the ferries that take you to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. MV can be a day trip; Nantucket you'd want as an overnight.
Finally, dare I say lest it be raised, the rental price is world's better than everything else we looked at and I really don't think we compromised anything.
We are in love!!"
Guest: Lisa M.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 13, 2015
"Our extended adult family convened in Cape Cod for a week's vacation in July. This is a fabulous property that affords so many opportunities for group interaction but still provides places for quiet and privacy. The kitchen and large gathering room are just terrific and the views off the very large adjacent deck are wonderful. The kitchen is very well stocked, right down to the lobster pot. We so appreciated having a few staples on hand and at our disposal in the kitchen and laundry area. The bedrooms are great and the bathrooms are plentiful! The owner provides a great assortment of books, cookbooks, games and puzzles for all to enjoy. They also left us with very detailed and helpful information on things to do in the area.
The back yard is lovely and the landscaping is gorgeous. This would be a great yard for children. There is plenty of parking spaces for several cars. There is a storage shed available to lock up bikes if you wish. This is a great place to ride bikes if you ride on the pathway, but not the local roads as they are too narrow and dangerous with traffic. Plan on taking your bikes to the pathway on your car and riding from there. We thoroughly enjoyed riding on the pathway.
The semi private beach is about a 1/2 block away from the house . Be aware that this beach is a "rocky" beach and you will need water shoes of some variety to make your way into the water. There are numerous large sandbars to enjoy once you are past the short rocky section. The beach is very quiet and we only saw a handful of other residents use the beach while we were there. The beach was great for swimming, kayaking, windsurfing, and paddleboarding. We rented numerous items and dropped them off right at the beach path. The owner generously stocks their shed with plenty of beach chairs to share.
Don't bother with any other beaches and the crowded parking lots unless you go first thing in the morning and not on the weekend.
The well stocked grocery and beverage stores are about a 10 minute drive. Wood's Hole is about 10 minutes away as are the ferries to Martha's Vineyard. We enjoyed a day on MV and a spectacular day whale watching . We recommend the whale watching tour that leaves from Barnstable. The crew was fabulous and we saw lots of whales!
I highly recommend this property! We would love to return for another visit and relaxing vacation! The owner was very accommodating and a delight to work with as we planned our stay."
Guest: GigiDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: October 24, 2015
"This house would accommodate a big crowd! Very quiet neighborhood. Kitchen has truly everything you could possibly want/need. House is very clean. LOTS of extra beach towels. Full size washer and dryer in the unfinished basement is super handy. Beach chairs and sand toys for everyone (stocked up in the basement). There are also a lot of bikes in the basement, but most need mechanical attention. We ended up renting bikes (after taking ferry to Martha's Vineyard) because we didn't want to risk getting stranded anywhere. The "downtown" village of Falmouth is really lovely - just a quick drive away. Great restaurants. No a/c in the house - but in mid-June we were very comfortable without it. Lots of floor fans throughout the house. I would not stay at this house without a car."
Guest: MaryAnne G.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: June 22, 2015
"Great house, spacious and well kept. The kitchen and back deck are outstanding. Tons of room for plenty of people, 3 bedrooms upstairs were great for our two adults and 4 young(under 9) kids. Walk to the beach is short(10 min) and Old Silver beach is one of the best on the Cape. Very close to local shops for essentials and about 10 min to wonderful Main St in Falmouth."
Guest: Andrew S.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 8, 2015