VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Falmouth reviews
Great place for large groups
"Our family plus 3 others have come up for the past two years to run the cape cod marathon. This house is perfect for our large group! It is walking distance to the heart of town and down the block from the beach.
The house has lots of rooms to accommodate our group as well as a beautiful yard for all our kids to run around. The kitchen is new and house very well maintained. The owner Celena is responsive and a pleasure to work with. We look forward to continuing coming up here on a yearly basis!"
Guest: David B.Date of Stay: October 2014Review Submitted: August 3, 2015
"This was the second year my family has stayed in this home for our annual Cape Cod vacation and it could not possibly be more perfect. I'll make this easy to read by bullet-pointing:
- It's an old Victorian-style with lots of character that really makes you feel like you're getting a storybook "Cape Cod" experience. Outdoor deck with big table for meals!
- Don't laugh, this is significant: It is right across the street from the most charming breakfast cafe **ever** with the best breakfast food I have **ever** had. I say this as a "brunch person" who has lived in 5 U.S. cities including (currently) Boston. It's a tiny adorable hut where the owners work from-scratch magic into each dish; wander on over for the best mornings of your life every day of your vacation!! It takes them awhile to bring you your food but that is just *perfect* for easing into another glorious Cape Cod day - especially with the outdoor seating. If you don't want a full meal they have from-scratch baked goods every morning you can grab to go. Cinnamon rolls, blueberry buckle, and more. All to DIE for.
- It's walking distance to Chappy beach (a lovely walk).
- It's an easy drive to Old Silver Beach (sometimes there's a wait for parking - we always bring one bike so that one of us can drop everyone else off and then bike over if parking has a wait).
- The manual for the home will tell you about a best-kept-local-secret swimming hole with tons of parking, few people, and a perfect pond beach for kids or anyone else who wants a break from the waves. You can even bring big inter-tubes, which is no longer allowed at most beaches!
- Right down the street from this house is the "General Market," a tiny gourmet grocery with AMAZING sandwiches. Be sure to try some of the "Cape Cod Gourmet Toffee" - locally handmade euphoria.
- It's an easy drive to adorable downtown Falmouth where there are great eateries and cute shops. Don't miss the "Parisian" baguette sandwiches at the Boulangerie.
- It's about 20 minutes from Mashpee where there's a great movie theater for rainy days, great shopping, and still more great food.
- It's not too far from the ferries that take you to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. MV can be a day trip; Nantucket you'd want as an overnight.
Finally, dare I say lest it be raised, the rental price is world's better than everything else we looked at and I really don't think we compromised anything.
We are in love!!"
Guest: Lisa M.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 13, 2015
"Beautiful view from this quaint small cottage in the perfect location. Rustic but comfortable place for our first visit to Cape Cod. The Shining Sea Bike Path was just steps from the home where we rode rented bikes every day--including biking to the ferry station for Martha's Vineyard, biking to the restaurants in Woods Hole, and also the town of Falmouth. Dad and daughter enjoyed fishing from the big rocks on the beach. Accomodations perfect for up to 4 people comfortably; we had 2 adults and 3 children--one a teenager, so a little tight on space, but manageable. The grassy yard on the side and in the back was a wonderful place for the kids to run around and decompress after a day's full of activities in town. We also tried the Adventure Park in Sandwich which the kids aged 7 through 14 loved! The adults even had a good time, although sore for the next two days! If venturing out to Sandwich, make sure to stop by "Ice Cream Sandwich" shop on the way back--best real homemade ice cream in multiple flavors we've had hands down, and we are self proclaimed ice cream conoisseurs. They even have lobster rolls, which were amazing and far better than the lobster rolls we had in town at Falmouth and Woods Hole. Thank you to the owners of Small Cottage in making our first Cape Cod visit a dream!"
Guest: SusieDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 16, 2015
"I had never rented a vacation home before and was a little skeptical. I did not need to be. My questions were all answered before I booked this wonderful home. It is even nicer than the pictures. Someone did a wonderful job of decorating using the old and new. The house drew me once I found it. It was like coming home to my grandmother's home (only now she lived in a very large home on the ocean and had everything ready just for me).
We had 8 adults and 9 children ages 4 to 15. They all had a wonderful time and had plenty of room to get together or be alone and discover new things. It was a new experience for everyone. Moms loved this house because they were right at the beach. They could relax on the beach and the kids could come and go with a family member always close. They commented it was the best stocked home they had every stayed at.
We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary with all the family and it was a really great experience. The Burwell's were very gracious hosts making us feel welcome, not intruding, but letting us know where they could be reached if we had questions.
The bike path was right out the back door. What a great ride with views of the ocean. Some of the adults went for a drink in Woods Hole and they visited the aquarium. We did take a whale watching trip out of Hyannis and adults and kids all enjoyed it. To top everything, the weather was perfect. We just had rain one morning. This is the first vacation that I didn't want to go home. The family agreed they would all like to return for another visit. We'll have to see if the stars all align again. (All of the other reviews are right on)"
Guest: GrandmaDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 4, 2015