VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This was the second year my family has stayed in this home for our annual Cape Cod vacation and it could not possibly be more perfect. I'll make this easy to read by bullet-pointing:
- It's an old Victorian-style with lots of character that really makes you feel like you're getting a storybook "Cape Cod" experience. Outdoor deck with big table for meals!
- Don't laugh, this is significant: It is right across the street from the most charming breakfast cafe **ever** with the best breakfast food I have **ever** had. I say this as a "brunch person" who has lived in 5 U.S. cities including (currently) Boston. It's a tiny adorable hut where the owners work from-scratch magic into each dish; wander on over for the best mornings of your life every day of your vacation!! It takes them awhile to bring you your food but that is just *perfect* for easing into another glorious Cape Cod day - especially with the outdoor seating. If you don't want a full meal they have from-scratch baked goods every morning you can grab to go. Cinnamon rolls, blueberry buckle, and more. All to DIE for.
- It's walking distance to Chappy beach (a lovely walk).
- It's an easy drive to Old Silver Beach (sometimes there's a wait for parking - we always bring one bike so that one of us can drop everyone else off and then bike over if parking has a wait).
- The manual for the home will tell you about a best-kept-local-secret swimming hole with tons of parking, few people, and a perfect pond beach for kids or anyone else who wants a break from the waves. You can even bring big inter-tubes, which is no longer allowed at most beaches!
- Right down the street from this house is the "General Market," a tiny gourmet grocery with AMAZING sandwiches. Be sure to try some of the "Cape Cod Gourmet Toffee" - locally handmade euphoria.
- It's an easy drive to adorable downtown Falmouth where there are great eateries and cute shops. Don't miss the "Parisian" baguette sandwiches at the Boulangerie.
- It's about 20 minutes from Mashpee where there's a great movie theater for rainy days, great shopping, and still more great food.
- It's not too far from the ferries that take you to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. MV can be a day trip; Nantucket you'd want as an overnight.
Finally, dare I say lest it be raised, the rental price is world's better than everything else we looked at and I really don't think we compromised anything.
We are in love!!"
Guest: Lisa M.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 13, 2015
Wonderful family house in Old Chatham section near town center
"We have rented this house for the last five years. It is immaculate, well located and beautifully furnished. Wonderful location which allows walking to town, Lighthouse Beach and the town dock - a huge bonus in the summer when parking is at a premium. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, and it is exceptionally quiet and peaceful on a small, dead end street in the historic Old Chatham section of town. The owner has been very thoughtful in providing a well equipped kitchen (I'm an enthusiastic cook) and all amenities that would be hoped for if not expected. Linens, bedding, etc., are top quality, and there is significant attention to detail. Central air conditioning is also a bonus - not as common as one might expect, but it makes the house comfortable on all the humid or damp days in Chatham, which is surrounded on 3 sides by ocean!"
Guest: RhondaDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 7, 2015
"We are very happy to recommend this home for your next stay. All the "fixins" of a few days by the sea were thought of, including the beach chairs. Very fine restaurants, one of our favorites being Desmond's, are a short stroll down the sleepy street from this little oasis. Thanks for a wonderful experience and for allowing us to bring along our doggies! We will be back."
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 1, 2015