VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Greater Springfield, Franklin County, Mohawk Trail reviews
Breath taking views!!
"Eight of us stayed there last weekend. The house was beautiful. The views were spectacular. We were a little early for foliage colors, but that didn't matter, it was still stunning, and we were there for the "red moon". We never felt crowded. Between the four bedrooms and two and a half baths, it worked even for eight women!! It was a short ride to the Bridge of Flowers, Magic Wings (butterfly sanctuary), we even did a wine tasting in Amherst at the Winery!! I have lived in Massachusetts all my life and kept thinking I was out of state and not just two hours from home. Carolyn is a very gracious host and gave us a tour of her cider set up."
Guest: Denise C.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 1, 2015
"We booked this house for a girls weekend to celebrate our friends upcoming wedding. The house was adorable and had everything we needed. It was so nice and refreshing to be away from everything! The river in the backyard was such a treat. If it hadn't rained we might have spent the whole weekend in it! Highly recommended for a getaway in nature."
Guest: Jennifer C.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: September 21, 2015
Perfect, Cozy Pet Friendly Cottage in Charlemont, MA!
"Our stay at the Cavalier Cottage Bed and Breakfast was absolutely perfect. No other words to describe it. My husband and I (and our 2 pups) are avid hikers. We traveled from NJ for a long anniversary weekend getaway to hike some of the State parks in the Berkshires. Not only is the cottage spotless, it is by far the nicest cottage we've ever stayed in. It is located on a very quiet road, literally in the middle of the woods. Our cell phones had no service (we didn't mind this at all as we were looking for an escape from the craziness of our busy lives) but Pat provides you with free Wi-Fi just in case you need to get in touch with the outside world.
Bonuses that we enjoyed:
- Pet friendly and no breed restrictions at all. We often find that hotels, cabins or cottages are not willing to accept our 65lb sweet rescue pit bull, let alone not charging us a ridiculous charge for having 2 pups. This was a blessing for us to find not only a cottage that accepts our pups but for them to have free range of the cottage. We were even able to leave them in the cottage while we went for dinner one night which is not allowed in most hotels/cabins/cottages, especially without a crate.
- Cleanliness of the entire cottage...and I mean spotless. The decor was perfect and the bathroom was very clean with on hand supplies just in case you forgot something (like I always do). They was plenty of organic shampoo and soaps for us to use.
- Access to yard for pups. We had access to the property so the pups could have free range to sniff around and do their business!
- Location to several State parks for hiking/adventure and Shelburne Falls. We hiked the Mohawk State Forest (you must get up to Todd Mountain...it is certainly not for casual hikers but it was amazing to be at the top and see the views!) and Savoy State Forest. Both were beautiful hikes during the beginning on peak Fall foliage season. We headed into town (a very short drive) for dinner one night which was very convenient. Shelburne Falls is a cute little town...make sure to check out the Bridge of Flowers.
- Quiet. Yes, for us this is a bonus. We live and work in fairly busy areas of New Jersey so for us to be in the middle of the woods was a pleasure.
- Free WiFi and Netflix along with regular cable (w/ HBO). This was a nice bonus to have at the end of a very long hiking day. We were able to rent a movie or just browse what was on T.V.
- Last but not least, Pat. Pat, the owner of Cav"
Guest: KDPCDate of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: October 9, 2015
"We booked this for my son's wedding weekend in Amherst and stayed with 7 adults and a 9 month old. Plenty of room for each family unit with a beautifully appointed private hideaway suite for mom and dad upstairs. We hosted a family brunch for wedding guests and there were plenty of pots and pans, serving dishes, condiments, and dinnerware for all. Great outdoor space including a huge yard, wraparound porch and screened gazebo. Owner was extremely pleasant and responsive. We'd love to come back and just enjoy the beautiful surroundings at our leisure. This wonderful home lacks nothing! Thank you!"
Guest: Joan L.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: June 12, 2015