VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"The perfect house for several families to share. The house sits on a ridge overlooking Chilmark pond and the private beach beyond. Complete privacy on expansive grounds with beautiful views. The accommodations are comfortable and allow for privacy. We cooked nearly every night and were impressed with how well stocked the kitchen was with tools, plates, and glasses. The large patio was a wonderful place to enjoy company and to watch the sunset. The access to the private beach was a wonderful bonus. We kayaked, sailed and motored over to the private beach amongst the swans on Chilmark Pond. The outdoor shower was a hit, too. The gracious hosts are kind and easy with which to communicate. We can't wait to return!"
Guest: Crisi E.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 1, 2015
"Just finished a three night stay at this home with 12 people (10 adults - 40's-50's, and 2 tweens). I would have to work hard to come up with a complaint! This group has rented many homes on the island over the past 20 years and this one has risen the ranks of absolute favorites.
Things I loved:
- multiple "wings" for sleeping; people really could have a little bit of privacy away from the big group.
- dining set up totally accommodated our big group
- 2 fridges: One for food, one for adult beverages! Brilliant!
- off street parking for our 3 cars, very safe
- the home is decorated beautifully, great colors on the wall, feels very homey. This house really LOOKS like the pictures!
- the house was clean, well taken care of, and the owner obviously spends the offseason investing money and elbow grease to get it in shape.
- the location is great -- very close to circuit ave and all the great shopping and eating that OB has to offer, the beach, and, of course, to Back Door Donuts. You really don't need a car to enjoy a great weekend here.
I'd point out that the bathrooms are a bit small; if you're a larger-bodied crowd, one or two of the toilets may feel a bit closed in for you. I'd also mention that there is a cool bedroom in the back with 3 twin beds, but you wouldn't put little kids in that space, unless you were confident in their ability to navigate tricky stairs. (You might also not put drunk adults in there, for the same reason :-) )
Finally, the owner was very collaborative with communication as the trip came upon us, and was SUPER responsive to any of my questions. He was a real joy to work with!
I would not hesitate to rent this place again!"
Guest: KathyDate of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 5, 2015
"My husband and I recently rented this cottage to fish the derby it was perfect for us. Just a short stroll to the beach, jetties, fish markets and The Bite. Barbara and John are the perfect host! I made a new best friend their Lab Maggie! If you are looking for a laid back vacation cottage this one is for you. If you do venture out The Atlantic Seafood and Steak Restaurant in Edgartown has some great food try their calamari fries."
Guest: diane v.Date of Stay: October 2014Review Submitted: October 16, 2014