VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent North of Boston & Greater Merrimack Valley reviews
Very clean & bright w/ a good view of the ocean.
"House was very clean, bright & comfortable. Good view of the water & Plum Island w/ a neighborhood beach within walking distance. One of bedrooms is located in the finished portion of the basement. Very good washer & dryer & lots of towels & beach chairs available.
Crane Beach in Ipswich is wonderful & can be reached by car for a fee or boat if available. Russell Orchard on Argilla Rd. on the way to Crane Beach sells great doughnuts, cider & ice cream. Berry picking is also available there.
Ipswich has houses that date back to the 1600s. Good places to eat are Riverview Pizza & Choate Bridge Pub, which has great seafood."
Guest: A guest from Fort Worth, TXDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 25, 2015
"We had a phenomenal week here and we are booking again for next summer. Here's what we loved about the house:
- Beautiful, modern, clean (and clearly architect-designed) house with nice furnishings and a beautifully laid out and outfitted kitchen
- Large outdoor spaces - a wrap around porch with outdoor eating and a nice backyard and patio - each with stunning views of the ocean and THREE light houses - with plenty of outdoor furniture for relaxing or dinner on the porch or patio and an awesome outdoor shower
- Spacious and private bedrooms with a master bedroom sitting room that can be used as overflow for kids
- Master bedroom with views of the ocean on three sides and a small private balcony - which feels like a suite at a luxury resort
- A separate garage for storage of bikes (which you'll want to rent or bring) as well as a supply of beach chairs, boogie boards, etc.
Here's what we love about the setting:
- The views are just stunning and with huge windows throughout the house and very comfortable outdoor spaces that can fit everyone easily, the views are non-stop. Even though you are across the street from the water, there are water views all around as the house sits on a corner lot on a point of land between Loblolly Cove and Whale Cove
- You can sit in the front porch and have unrestricted views of the TWO Thatcher Island lighthouses to the east, as well as kayaks and sailboats going by, or lobster fisherman busy at work. We spent hours just sitting and watching the changing light and all the boat activity
- You can sit in the backyard in complete privacy and look north and west across Whale Cove to the Straitsmouth lighthouse with sunset views
But most importantly, here's what we love about the location:
- It sits on a very quiet side street that has more traffic from bikes and joggers than cars
- Directly across the street is a short public footpath that goes onto the rocks. These rocks are amazing, we clambered on them for hours with the kids. Tide pools everywhere to explore and amazing views and crashing surf. Hint - get everyone water shoes as the barnacles can be sharp
- We biked to the beach with the kids every day - about a mile on quiet streets to Cape Hedge beach - which is beautiful, sandy and uncrowded. 10 yr olds had no issue with this ride and they really enjoyed it!
- We biked to downtown Rockport on a sidewalk the entire way - about a mile
- Short drive to Gloucester for sight seeing, recommend the harbor tour."
Guest: Heather P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: September 5, 2015
"Beautiful, charming apartment overlooking the scenic harbor. We really enjoyed our time here, and the trundle bed was a perfect sleeping arrangement for our two kids (ages 5 and 2). Rebecca and Dot were very helpful but gave us our space. The apt is equipped with everything you could possibly need. Highly recommend!"
Guest: Jessica Y.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: October 30, 2015
"We just completed our 3rd stay at Rocky Neck Retreat. It is a wonderful top floor apartment with an outstanding, huge deck overlooking the waters of the back bay. We spent lots of time enjoying the deck at all times of the day, often eating our meals out there. Half of the deck is covered, and half open. Brian and Karen, the owners, are very attentive to whatever you need, but also give you your privacy. There was a constant breeze thru the apartment and each room has its own ceiling fan. Even in the hottest part of the summer, we truly enjoyed the wonderful breezes and fresh cool air. We give this experience our highest scores, and we will be back for a 4th time before too long."
Guest: JacksonDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 24, 2015