VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent North of Boston & Greater Merrimack Valley reviews
Already looking forward to going back!
"My family just returned from a wonderful stay at the Beachcomber and are already looking forward to going back.
First of all, the house and property were beautiful. There was plenty of room for my 3 generation family to spread out and relax as well as be together. My daughter loved the beautiful back yard to play hide and seek, while my parents enjoyed the beautiful views from the spacious deck. The house is clean and well maintained.
The most important attraction is being mere steps from Long Beach, a real treat with its beautiful sand and sparkling waters. Sunset walks, collecting shells , and splashing in the beautiful water were all a wonderful way to pass the time.
The house is within minutes of great shopping to both downtown Gloucester and Rockport.
Laura was a pleasure to work with, and my family is already counting the days to our return!"
Guest: Alexis M.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 4, 2015
"Salem was an addition to our trip for spring break and it turned out to be the highlight of our trip. 2 adults, 1 senior citizen, 2 teens in our party and we all had fun. Mr Sergeant provided little treats. A very a lovely touch. He's the kindest person & included maps of the area; places to see and things to do. We plan on visiting every year. Highly recommend this location for ALL families, couples, singles. A very visitor friendly location & ferry over to Boston quickly! We just loved it! I'd give more stars if I could 5+. This place can easily sleep 10 no problem. :)"
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: July 3, 2015
"We had a phenomenal week here and we are booking again for next summer. Here's what we loved about the house:
- Beautiful, modern, clean (and clearly architect-designed) house with nice furnishings and a beautifully laid out and outfitted kitchen
- Large outdoor spaces - a wrap around porch with outdoor eating and a nice backyard and patio - each with stunning views of the ocean and THREE light houses - with plenty of outdoor furniture for relaxing or dinner on the porch or patio and an awesome outdoor shower
- Spacious and private bedrooms with a master bedroom sitting room that can be used as overflow for kids
- Master bedroom with views of the ocean on three sides and a small private balcony - which feels like a suite at a luxury resort
- A separate garage for storage of bikes (which you'll want to rent or bring) as well as a supply of beach chairs, boogie boards, etc.
Here's what we love about the setting:
- The views are just stunning and with huge windows throughout the house and very comfortable outdoor spaces that can fit everyone easily, the views are non-stop. Even though you are across the street from the water, there are water views all around as the house sits on a corner lot on a point of land between Loblolly Cove and Whale Cove
- You can sit in the front porch and have unrestricted views of the TWO Thatcher Island lighthouses to the east, as well as kayaks and sailboats going by, or lobster fisherman busy at work. We spent hours just sitting and watching the changing light and all the boat activity
- You can sit in the backyard in complete privacy and look north and west across Whale Cove to the Straitsmouth lighthouse with sunset views
But most importantly, here's what we love about the location:
- It sits on a very quiet side street that has more traffic from bikes and joggers than cars
- Directly across the street is a short public footpath that goes onto the rocks. These rocks are amazing, we clambered on them for hours with the kids. Tide pools everywhere to explore and amazing views and crashing surf. Hint - get everyone water shoes as the barnacles can be sharp
- We biked to the beach with the kids every day - about a mile on quiet streets to Cape Hedge beach - which is beautiful, sandy and uncrowded. 10 yr olds had no issue with this ride and they really enjoyed it!
- We biked to downtown Rockport on a sidewalk the entire way - about a mile
- Short drive to Gloucester for sight seeing, recommend the harbor tour."
Guest: Heather P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: September 5, 2015
"Cottage has two double beds in separate rooms and three twins in one comfortable space. There is also a small breezy area that we could leave the dog gated in without worry. Kitchen comes fully stocked (might want to bring a bigger coffee pot) and there are towels and linens for all. All hardwood floors make for easy sweep out care and great porch, grilling and private outdoor eating area complete the package. The cottage is close to the street and you have to cross to get to the sidewalk, but Niles Beach is a quick walk around the corner. This beach is wonderful for swimming and the surf is calm for small children. Location is perfect for long walks to Eastern Point lighthouse one way and Rocky Neck art colony the other. Parking is tight for two-three cars but we were able to use the public parking (~1/2 mile away) at Rocky Neck for two gatherings during our stay. Overall-well worth the price and can't beat the location."
Guest: Linda M.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 5, 2015