VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Rockport reviews
Clean, comfortable, well-appointed, close to beach and village with parking!
"The title says it all. This is a very clean, updated, comfortable unit in an excellent location, nearly equidistant from the seaside village of Rockport and the comfy Front Beach. By foot, it's two minutes to dining, shopping, and galleries and about five minutes to Front Beach. Though close to the village, it's not loud, as it's tucked down a side street leading to a beautiful granite pier. One can see the ocean and pier from the numerous windows and from the cozy porch. The dedicated off-street parking space is a dream, and makes it far more enticing to take short day trips of the surrounding area--and there's lots to do within a short drive including a selection of larger beaches, whale watching, and various historical tours. There's also a train station that's about a 15 minute walk for those inclined to see Boston without the hassle of driving. Although we don't have pets, the upstairs renters had dog, and it's pet friendly. We come to Rockport every year and this was by far our favorite place."
Guest: HonestPeteDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 18, 2015
"We had a phenomenal week here and we are booking again for next summer. Here's what we loved about the house:
- Beautiful, modern, clean (and clearly architect-designed) house with nice furnishings and a beautifully laid out and outfitted kitchen
- Large outdoor spaces - a wrap around porch with outdoor eating and a nice backyard and patio - each with stunning views of the ocean and THREE light houses - with plenty of outdoor furniture for relaxing or dinner on the porch or patio and an awesome outdoor shower
- Spacious and private bedrooms with a master bedroom sitting room that can be used as overflow for kids
- Master bedroom with views of the ocean on three sides and a small private balcony - which feels like a suite at a luxury resort
- A separate garage for storage of bikes (which you'll want to rent or bring) as well as a supply of beach chairs, boogie boards, etc.
Here's what we love about the setting:
- The views are just stunning and with huge windows throughout the house and very comfortable outdoor spaces that can fit everyone easily, the views are non-stop. Even though you are across the street from the water, there are water views all around as the house sits on a corner lot on a point of land between Loblolly Cove and Whale Cove
- You can sit in the front porch and have unrestricted views of the TWO Thatcher Island lighthouses to the east, as well as kayaks and sailboats going by, or lobster fisherman busy at work. We spent hours just sitting and watching the changing light and all the boat activity
- You can sit in the backyard in complete privacy and look north and west across Whale Cove to the Straitsmouth lighthouse with sunset views
But most importantly, here's what we love about the location:
- It sits on a very quiet side street that has more traffic from bikes and joggers than cars
- Directly across the street is a short public footpath that goes onto the rocks. These rocks are amazing, we clambered on them for hours with the kids. Tide pools everywhere to explore and amazing views and crashing surf. Hint - get everyone water shoes as the barnacles can be sharp
- We biked to the beach with the kids every day - about a mile on quiet streets to Cape Hedge beach - which is beautiful, sandy and uncrowded. 10 yr olds had no issue with this ride and they really enjoyed it!
- We biked to downtown Rockport on a sidewalk the entire way - about a mile
- Short drive to Gloucester for sight seeing, recommend the harbor tour."
Guest: Heather P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: September 5, 2015
"This home and it's owner, Deborah, should be rated a "10" because it was the most pleasant experience I've encountered during my years of renting from VRBO. The front bedroom was the perfect place for my daughter to get ready for her wedding and the photographer took some great shots there. The open layout of the house and deck was perfect for entertaining after the dress rehearsal and a brunch for family members the morning after the wedding. All the guests were in awe of the beauty and comfort of this home.
The location was perfect - took many walks to enjoy the beautiful town of Rockport. I have already started the sales pitch on my husband to return there next September."
Guest: KSF1050Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: September 10, 2015
"We stayed at this lovely property for a week in August, 2015, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The house is architecturally beautiful, with a huge front porch for ocean viewing. The enclosed sun porch also looks out at the wonderful view, and both settings are ideal for relaxing and dining. Having grown up on the Massachusetts north shore, we felt at home in this upscale, quiet neighborhood, and it is an easy trip to several nearby beaches. The charming town of Rockport, with its many art galleries and shops, is walking distance as well. The entrance to the Atlantic foot path is right across the street from the house, and the walk along the cliff side trail is inspiring. With all there is to see and do on Cape Ann, you will never be bored, but this home is in such a terrific setting, that we found it hard to tear ourselves away.
The house itself is exceptionally comfortable, with a large, well-stocked kitchen. There are numerous areas of the home in which to gather and/or find a cozy spot to curl up with a book. The bedrooms are all air conditioned, and in August this was appreciated.
We plan to return next summer as well. This welcoming home is a wonderful find, and we plan to enjoy it yearly!"
Guest: Patricia C.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 7, 2015