VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Rockport reviews
Beautiful house in a stunning location
"We had a phenomenal week here and we are booking again for next summer. Here's what we loved about the house:
- Beautiful, modern, clean (and clearly architect-designed) house with nice furnishings and a beautifully laid out and outfitted kitchen
- Large outdoor spaces - a wrap around porch with outdoor eating and a nice backyard and patio - each with stunning views of the ocean and THREE light houses - with plenty of outdoor furniture for relaxing or dinner on the porch or patio and an awesome outdoor shower
- Spacious and private bedrooms with a master bedroom sitting room that can be used as overflow for kids
- Master bedroom with views of the ocean on three sides and a small private balcony - which feels like a suite at a luxury resort
- A separate garage for storage of bikes (which you'll want to rent or bring) as well as a supply of beach chairs, boogie boards, etc.
Here's what we love about the setting:
- The views are just stunning and with huge windows throughout the house and very comfortable outdoor spaces that can fit everyone easily, the views are non-stop. Even though you are across the street from the water, there are water views all around as the house sits on a corner lot on a point of land between Loblolly Cove and Whale Cove
- You can sit in the front porch and have unrestricted views of the TWO Thatcher Island lighthouses to the east, as well as kayaks and sailboats going by, or lobster fisherman busy at work. We spent hours just sitting and watching the changing light and all the boat activity
- You can sit in the backyard in complete privacy and look north and west across Whale Cove to the Straitsmouth lighthouse with sunset views
But most importantly, here's what we love about the location:
- It sits on a very quiet side street that has more traffic from bikes and joggers than cars
- Directly across the street is a short public footpath that goes onto the rocks. These rocks are amazing, we clambered on them for hours with the kids. Tide pools everywhere to explore and amazing views and crashing surf. Hint - get everyone water shoes as the barnacles can be sharp
- We biked to the beach with the kids every day - about a mile on quiet streets to Cape Hedge beach - which is beautiful, sandy and uncrowded. 10 yr olds had no issue with this ride and they really enjoyed it!
- We biked to downtown Rockport on a sidewalk the entire way - about a mile
- Short drive to Gloucester for sight seeing, recommend the harbor tour."
Guest: Heather P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: September 5, 2015
"Just came back from week at The Penthouse. We had rented The Jewel downstairs last summer for a week. The unit is amazing. Other folks in building are great! Small dogs are good if prior auth with Deb the owner. She is very fair and ultra responsive to questions and needs. I almost don't want to share what a good find this place is!😄"
Guest: PaulDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 29, 2015
"We stayed at this lovely property for a week in August, 2015, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The house is architecturally beautiful, with a huge front porch for ocean viewing. The enclosed sun porch also looks out at the wonderful view, and both settings are ideal for relaxing and dining. Having grown up on the Massachusetts north shore, we felt at home in this upscale, quiet neighborhood, and it is an easy trip to several nearby beaches. The charming town of Rockport, with its many art galleries and shops, is walking distance as well. The entrance to the Atlantic foot path is right across the street from the house, and the walk along the cliff side trail is inspiring. With all there is to see and do on Cape Ann, you will never be bored, but this home is in such a terrific setting, that we found it hard to tear ourselves away.
The house itself is exceptionally comfortable, with a large, well-stocked kitchen. There are numerous areas of the home in which to gather and/or find a cozy spot to curl up with a book. The bedrooms are all air conditioned, and in August this was appreciated.
We plan to return next summer as well. This welcoming home is a wonderful find, and we plan to enjoy it yearly!"
Guest: Patricia C.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 7, 2015
GREATEST place to stay in GOOD Harbor Gloucester MA
"Plenty of room (4000sqft!), plenty of rooms (I lost count, but there are 7 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, multiple dining areas, multiple sitting areas, multiple washer/dryers, a room to play board/card games/do puzzles and a game room with pool/ping pong/air hockey!, closets galore.). Short walk/very short drive to Good Harbor Beach and great views from the house! GHB is a great beach, Wingaersheek is also nearby if you want to mix it up. The house has a huge collection of beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. in case you didn't bring enough for everyone! Minutes away from everything in Gloucester and the surrounding towns (Rockport, Essex, etc.) We ate breakfasts in house - both kitchens are well equipped, upstairs has a great view. We had lunch take out from Virgillios and Sugar Magnolias, both excellent. Dinners at Topside and Lat 43°, both excellent. Also a huge fan of Woodmans over in Essex for Lobsters and Clams. Mark and Sarah are the owners - they will set you up, provide recommendations, and see you on your way out! Thank you, J/E/N/M/S/&J"
Guest: Jeffrey P.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 27, 2015