VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Rockport reviews
Charming Studio > Relax and Walk Everywhere
"I love staying here! Beauty, charm, walking distance to everything, only steps to the ocean. I love that it's so pretty here; love that when you walk into this beautifully designed studio you are walking into the living room, not into the bed. The bed pulls down easily from the wall behind the couch (a Murphy Bed) and is ever so comfortable. Plenty of space for your belongings. A place to truly call home during your visit, and the owners are lovely and trustworthy beyond measure. Place, location, people > all five stars. Thank you!! See you next year!"
Guest: Kathy E.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: September 7, 2015
"We had a phenomenal week here and we are booking again for next summer. Here's what we loved about the house:
- Beautiful, modern, clean (and clearly architect-designed) house with nice furnishings and a beautifully laid out and outfitted kitchen
- Large outdoor spaces - a wrap around porch with outdoor eating and a nice backyard and patio - each with stunning views of the ocean and THREE light houses - with plenty of outdoor furniture for relaxing or dinner on the porch or patio and an awesome outdoor shower
- Spacious and private bedrooms with a master bedroom sitting room that can be used as overflow for kids
- Master bedroom with views of the ocean on three sides and a small private balcony - which feels like a suite at a luxury resort
- A separate garage for storage of bikes (which you'll want to rent or bring) as well as a supply of beach chairs, boogie boards, etc.
Here's what we love about the setting:
- The views are just stunning and with huge windows throughout the house and very comfortable outdoor spaces that can fit everyone easily, the views are non-stop. Even though you are across the street from the water, there are water views all around as the house sits on a corner lot on a point of land between Loblolly Cove and Whale Cove
- You can sit in the front porch and have unrestricted views of the TWO Thatcher Island lighthouses to the east, as well as kayaks and sailboats going by, or lobster fisherman busy at work. We spent hours just sitting and watching the changing light and all the boat activity
- You can sit in the backyard in complete privacy and look north and west across Whale Cove to the Straitsmouth lighthouse with sunset views
But most importantly, here's what we love about the location:
- It sits on a very quiet side street that has more traffic from bikes and joggers than cars
- Directly across the street is a short public footpath that goes onto the rocks. These rocks are amazing, we clambered on them for hours with the kids. Tide pools everywhere to explore and amazing views and crashing surf. Hint - get everyone water shoes as the barnacles can be sharp
- We biked to the beach with the kids every day - about a mile on quiet streets to Cape Hedge beach - which is beautiful, sandy and uncrowded. 10 yr olds had no issue with this ride and they really enjoyed it!
- We biked to downtown Rockport on a sidewalk the entire way - about a mile
- Short drive to Gloucester for sight seeing, recommend the harbor tour."
Guest: Heather P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: September 5, 2015
"The property was great. The house was clean and fully equip.
The location was great for our visiting and the local town was wonderful.
We recommand this property for anyone.
Mme Priscilla is very helpful and answer quickly to any question than we have. She make us feel confortable and part of her family.
Cathy and the girls
28 oct. to 1 november 2015"
Guest: cathy l.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: November 9, 2015
"What a perfect answer for our wonderful Cape Ann vacation. The house is located on a quiet residential area between Gloucester and Rockport, a short walk from Long Beach. What a welcome respite from the congested towns in late August. It was close to Shaw's Grocery store so our breakfast and lunches were easy to prepare in home. Open the windows and let the ocean lull you to sleep or inspire another chapter in your journal. Having Elizabeth's expert local advice was so great in finding the perfect excursions for our family of five. You rent the house from a stranger who quickly becomes so much less so. Elizabeth walked us to the beach, gave us pointers, then we never really saw her again for the rest of the week aside from her delivery of fresh towels. I can't say enough about their hospitality. I would rent again in a heartbeat."
Guest: Kris S.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 1, 2015