- Plymouth, Cedarville
- Plymouth, Ponds of Plymouth
- Plymouth, White Horse Beach
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
$4,000 per week 7 night min stay
$1,400 per week 7 night min stay
$343 per night 5 night min stay
- Waterfront Contemporary, Private Beach, Private Dock, Multiple Decks 4 Bedrooms 2.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 8 Wareham #320513ha
$1,500 per week 7 night min stay
- Beach Cottage - Right on the Sand on Minot Beach! 4 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Sleeps 11 Scituate #121528ha
- Airy, Oceanfront Beach House with Breathtaking Cape Views 5 Bedrooms+ 2 Bathrooms Sleeps 12 Manomet #246587ha
$155 - $225 per night 2 night min stay
$2,100 - $3,300 per week 7-14 night min stay
$3,000 per week 7 night min stay
$220 - $225 per night 2 night min stay
$1,000 - $1,200 per week 7 night min stay
$2,700 per week 7 night min stay
$314 - $365 per night 3-7 night min stay
$3,250 per week 7-56 night min stay
- Beautiful Beachside Bungalow 2 Bedrooms+ 1.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 6 Plymouth #114702ha
- River Front Cottage 3 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom Sleeps 6 Marshfield #371520ha
- Beach Vacation at Manomet Point,White Horse Beach;S.Plymouth,Ma. 2 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Sleeps 6 Plymouth #238924ha
- Beach/ Nature Retreat on Over Eight Acres 2 Bedrooms+ 1 Bathroom Sleeps 5 South Dartmouth #183504ha
$2,300 per week 7 night min stay
- Westport-Peaceful, Quiet, Country Hide-Away Near Lovely Ocean Beach 4 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Sleeps 7 Westport Point #165109ha
$1,750 per week 7 night min stay
$1,800 - $2,500 per week 7 night min stay
$1,197 per week 7 night min stay
$1,300 - $1,350 per week 6 night min stay
- Quiet Beach Front Cottage, Gorgeous Ocean Views, Private Beach Access 3 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom Sleeps 6 Manomet Beach #256241ha
- Oceanfront Cottage with Breathtaking Views of Cape Cod Bay Near Plymouth 2 Bedrooms+ 1 Bathroom Sleeps 6 Plymouth #254944ha
$314 - $500 per night 3-7 night min stay
- 5 Bedroom Cottage Oceanfront in Manomet Sweeping Views of Cape Cod Bay 5 Bedrooms 1.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 10 Manomet #300601ha
- Modernized Buzzards Bay Waterfront Cottage with Great Views, Private Beach 3 Bedrooms 0 Bathrooms Sleeps 7 New Bedford #994917ha
$1,800 per week 7 night min stay
$1,200 - $2,900 per week 7-150 night min stay
$1,000 per week 7 night min stay
$1,680 per week 7 night min stay
$625 per week 7 night min stay
- Large Waterfront House - Spectacular Sw Facing 5 Bedrooms 3.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 10 South Dartmouth #100582ha
- South Dartmouth Gem 7 Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms Sleeps 14 South Dartmouth #324294ha
- Special Offer Labor Day Week $ 850!! 1 Bedroom+ .5 Bathrooms Sleeps 4 Fairhaven #310461ha
- Bayfront Sunset House ... Walk to Marina or Hit the Beach 3 Bedrooms+ 1.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 8 Hull #218146ha
$1,200 - $3,550 per week 7-181 night min stay
- Cohasset Village Rental - Ideal for Wedding/Out of Town Guests 2 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Sleeps 5 Cohasset #240882ha
$250 per night 6 night min stay
- Salter's Point - Summer Cottage with Views, Views, Views! 5 Bedrooms 2.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 10 Nonquitt #372470ha
- Gorgeous Home on Situate's-Minot Beach--Has it All! 4 Bedrooms 3.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 7-8 Scituate #134236ha
- Three Houses from Beach,Three Floors Oceans Views, Luxury in Minot Beach 4 Bedrooms 1.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 9 Scituate #114634ha
$1,200 per week 7 night min stay
- Spotless, Updated and Cozy - Our Beach House! 2 Bedrooms 0 Bathrooms Sleeps 5 Marshfield #167221ha
$1,600 - $2,300 per week 7 night min stay
- A Few Steps from Secluded Beach with Views of Cape Cod Bay 2 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom Sleeps 6 Plymouth #122091ha
- Classic Summer Cottage on Waters Edge 3 Bedrooms 1.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 5 Fairhaven #991366ha
- Ocean, Beach Front - Unobstructed Ocean Front 2 Bedrooms 0 Bathrooms Sleeps 4 Manomet #124422ha
- Big Beautiful, Elegant, Charming, Luxurious Home on Exclusive Private Beach 4 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Sleeps 10 Plymouth #3021882ha
- Pristine, Charming Cottage on Padanaram Harbor 2 Bedrooms 1.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 5 South Dartmouth #116831ha
- Spectacular Luxury Ocean, Beachfront Home, Dramatic Views Cape Cod Bay 4 Bedrooms+ 3.5 Bathrooms Sleeps 10 Plymouth #168784ha
- Picturesque Oceanfront Cottage in Southern Ne 3 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom Sleeps 8 Mattapoisett #101804ha
- Charming, Spacious, Quiet, Friendly, Sunrise, Sunset 3 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Sleeps 8 Onset #142635ha
- In the Sand on White Horse Beach 100 Yards from the Ocean 4 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom Sleeps 10 Plymouth #101718ha
- White Horse Beach, Ocean Views, Steps to Beach 3 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom Sleeps 7 Plymouth #108698ha
- Beach Rental 2 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom Sleeps 4 Duxbury #384622ha
- Charming and Quaint Beachfront Cottage 4 Bedrooms 0 Bathrooms Sleeps 8 Westport Point #289521ha
South of Boston Travel Tips
Staying in South Shore Massachusetts Vacation Rentals
The area known as South of Boston is situated between Boston and Cape Cod. Known for its beautiful beaches and historic sites, it is a delightful place to spend a vacation in spring, summer or fall.
You can easily combine cultural visits around historic Plymouth with time at the beach. A vacation here means you can be as active or lazy as you please. Getting around and exploring the area is best done by car but vacation homes are available within walking or cycling distance of some of the beaches, shops and restaurants in this delightful area.
Whether you want to stay at a beach house or in a historic home, there is a South of Boston vacation home which is perfect for you. Flexibility is the main reason visitors choose to stay in a vacation home. Economy is another great reason to rent a cottage or vacation apartment in the area as it is much cheaper and more spacious than a hotel room. Comfortable living space and a well-equipped kitchen are all good reasons to choose a vacation rental when planning your visit to Massachusetts.
Things to do Around South of Boston Vacation Houses
The beach communities offer plenty of leisurely local activities for all ages and interests. Go shelling on the beach at Swansea, pick up fresh lobsters for dinner from Lee’s Wharf, go antique hunting, or enjoy walking and driving through the beautiful countryside. Whether you enjoy walking, boating, museums, hiking, dining out or shopping, this area has a little of everything.
Visitors to the area can stroll around the architecture of Harvard University, the oldest college in the U.S.A. or visit a theme park. Shopping in this area is excellent as there is no sales tax on certain items making them great bargains.
Getting to Massachusetts South Shore Cottages
The nearest airport to your South of Boston vacation home will be Logan International Airport in Boston. It is just seven miles from Hull, Massachusetts and has regular national and international flights daily.
Places to Visit Around Your South of Boston Vacation Rental
You could be forgiven for thinking you were in England when you look at the neighborhoods in Massachusetts. Swansea, Hull and Plymouth all take their names directly from the roots of the first settlers in the area and have a charming history to match.
Swansea is a delightful beach community with many quaint shops and independent businesses. Head for the Westport River Winery to take a tour of the vineyard and sample their wines.
The city of Boston is just 60 miles away and makes for a great day out. Follow the Freedom Trail, a line of red bricks which guides visitors around the main city sights. You can also cruise the Charles River or take a guided walking tour of the historic buildings.
New Bedford is a national park with a beautiful waterfront area, a whaling museum and plenty of boats trips and ferries to Martha’s Vineyard.
Historic Plymouth has Plymouth Rock, the landing site of the Puritan colonists; the replica of their ship, the Mayflower; and a model village of life for the early settlers, known as Plymouth Plantation.
The Weather South Shore, Massachusetts
One word can sum up the climate South of Boston--unpredictable. Boston has gorgeous sunny days and it has plenty of snow but the temperature can swing from one to the other in a matter of days so be prepared when you pack. Generally summers are hot and dry with temperatures around 82 F (28 C). Winters can be bitterly cold and snowy, with up to 42 inches of snow annually. Late spring is beautiful and the fall is known for its stunning New England foliage.