VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"Overall this is a good unit and I will consider staying here again.
The Internet/Wifi worked well and was easy to connect.
There are a few things that could be improved (some very easily) to make it a lot better though:
1) Provide the obvious consumables. That's right, there are probably ZERO there, including basics such as toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, etc. There is no laundry detergent either. We got lucky and found dishwasher soap at least, but don't expect ANYTHING to be there. Owner should just spend a few bucks and keep the basics stocked. Nobody wants to go buy four rolls of TP and maybe use one over a longer stay. We would gladly pay a bit more per night. Same applies here to basic condiments. Owners insists fridge be emptied - but would it really be so bad to keep basic condiments and other items with a 12+ month life in the fridge? Other VRBOs in the area have this stuff in this price range.
2) Get the checkout instructions clarified. The "rental agreement" has different instructions than the VRBO mobile app for checkout/cleanup, and it's hard to know what is really required. With a $75 mandatory cleaning fee, the renter shouldn't have to do much of anything really. Providing written instructions on site would be a good solution as well.
3) The toilet plugs really easily. Please upgrade this. At least the plunger works... plan on using it, often.
4) Get more dishware. Only four plates, four bowls, and four of other basics, because it is a "four person unit". But this means if you cook every meal, you need to run a mostly empty dishwasher three times per day. It should be a no-brainer to invest in more tableware/plates/etc in order to reduce the usage of the dishwasher which someday will break and need to be replaced...
5) The air seemed really stale... the HVAC and AC work well, but you still need to open windows to get rid of the stale-ness. An air exchanger would be a good upgrade. We got lucky and had good cool weather for "open windows" but others in the summer will not be so lucky."
Guest: David A.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 22, 2015
"This cabin had remarkable views. (from the front and back) Though there were cabins on either side and a road out in front, we felt secluded and in the midst of nature. The porch was amazing for mornings and late nights. IN the heat of sunset, (we came in an unseasonably warm week), the mountains behind afforded beauty and nice westerly winds. No TV but free WIFI. Games were provided. We liked not being in the midst of the traffic of Glacier and Whitefish. We took day trips to Glacier, Whitefish (Whitefish Mountain Resort), Essex (see mountain goats), Bison Refuge, and attended a play at Bigfork Summer Playhouse. The owners had provided for anything we might need."
Guest: cathy p.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 14, 2015
"It was everything it was promoted to be. The Owners are very considerate. At age 63, we had no problems with access in neither the cottage nor lake. The commute to Glacier National Park takes nearly an hour; but, it is a pleasant drive. There is much to do and see in the area.
The cottage could use minor updating (flooring); but, everything was clean and very well maintained. The Jelisons CARE for this cottage and their tenants. I would definitely seek to rent this cottage again."
Guest: Happy CoupleDate of Stay: September 2014Review Submitted: October 3, 2014