Recent Lake Tahoe Nevada property reviews
"No screen in living room windows, laundry room and first queen room which was inconvenient when weather was really warm.."Guest: Carolyn Date of Stay: July 2013 Review Submitted: July 30, 2013View listing
"This condo was great! It had everything that you needed to have a great stay, including a wonderful view of the Carson Valley and some of the mountains around Heavenly Valley, wireless internet, all of the kitchen stuff you could wish for, and nice towels and bed linens. It has a very attractive living room and spacious master bedroom. Mark, the landlord, is great. He bends over backwards to be accommodating. The neighbors were very nice, too, and helpful. All-in-all, a great place for a family vacation!"Guest: Jim Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: July 6, 2014View listing
"This condo was very comfortable and in a safe area. The condo was very clean and well maintained and had all of the amenities as listed in the description. This condo is in close proximity to grocery shopping, golfing, lake, restaurants, etc. We also enjoyed renting buggies and riding in the desert near Minden. Went to Reno for Hot August Nights and also shopped at Scheels in Reno. Very Enjoyable Vacation."Guest: SD Date of Stay: August 2013 Review Submitted: August 15, 2013View listing
"Condo was very comfortable, even for 6 of us. Hot tub was just a short walk from condo. Washing machine was very helpful. The only issue was that we could not get the TV/cable to work in any of the rooms despite the instructions the owner had left. Otherwise would definitely recommend. Location was great too - close to Diamond Peak, grocery store and golf course for sledding!"Guest: Karen Date of Stay: February 2014 Review Submitted: February 21, 2014View listing
Lake Tahoe Nevada Travel Tips
As one of the most popular destinations in North America, Lake Tahoe provides stunning natural beauty and plenty to experience.
Lake Tahoe itself is a large freshwater lake in the Sierra Nevada, situated on the border between California and Nevada. It's the largest alpine lake in North America and one of the deepest. The area is famously known for its optimal skiing opportunities, but there is also plenty of outdoor summer recreation and tons of attractions to explore throughout the year. No matter what you do on your vacation, it will likely involve the destination's beautiful mountain peaks and soothing lakes.
From November through April, Lake Tahoe sees most of its snowfall, creating the perfect time to hit the slopes for a day of runs, then warm up with a toasty mug of hot cocoa in front of a fire. Through the warmer months, the hottest of which is August, there is a plethora of fun activities, whether you prefer to stay indoors or traverse the natural surroundings. Whether you're looking to spend time hiking or biking, or can't wait to take in the local culture, there's something to make everyone's vacation perfect on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe.
Things to Do
- Fallen Leaf Lake: Approximately one mile south of Lake Tahoe rests Fallen Leaf Lake, which was created by two glaciers. Fallen Leaf Lake is a great place to partake in water sports during the warmer months. The marina has room for 60 boats, so there's plenty of space to play. Water skiing and wakeboarding are popular activities, as is kayaking. If you're looking for something a little more relaxing, Fallen Leaf lake is also an excellent spot for morning or afternoon fishing, especially for brown, rainbow and lake trout.
- Eagle Falls Trailhead: Off of California State Route 89 on the western shore of Lake Tahoe lies Eagle Falls Trailhead. This area offers visitors some of the most stunning views of the California landscape, full of lush greenery and flowing waterfalls. The most popular destinations accessed by this trailhead include Desolation Wilderness, Eagle Lake and the Tahoe National Forest.
Eagle Falls Tahoe is perfect for a short but exhilarating hike, ranging about two miles round-trip.
- Hang Gliding Tahoe: Take to the skies in Lake Tahoe with Hang Gliding Tahoe. Not only will you get a bird's eye view of the area, you'll get to also learn the basics of how to fly yourself. This is an interactive experience like none other, allowing you hands-on pilot time while you soar over Lake Tahoe with a certified pilot.
- Crystal Bay Casino: If you're feeling lucky, head to the Crystal Bay Casino for a fun night of gambling and testing your odds. Whether you enjoy the slots, blackjack, poker or other games, you're sure to be entertained here. The casino also features two restaurants when you need a break from the cards and machines. With options like steak and lobster, you can certainly dine like a high roller. Afterward, check out an exciting live musical show.
- Secret Cove Beach: When the weather is warm, Secret Cove Beach makes for a lovely day spent in the sun and sand. Find the perfect spot for your beach towel and settle in to catch up on a good book, splash around in the water or build a soaring sand castle.
- Thunderbird Lodge: Step back in time as you explore Lake Tahoe's "castle-in-the-sky," the Thunderbird Lodge. Explore the lighthouse room, old lodge, servants' quarters, original kitchen and the 600 feet of underground tunnels leading to the boathouse. As you move about the property, you'll be treated to outstanding views of Lake Tahoe, gardens, mountain ranges and more natural beauty.
Shopping and Dining in Lake Tahoe
- 19 Kitchen and Bar: Enjoy a spectacular dining experience as you take in unbeatable sights at 19 Kitchen and Bar. The restaurant offers a relaxing atmosphere and peaceful views of the lake from every table. Whether you're looking for a multi-course meal or a quick bite, this is an excellent option.
- Mott Canyon Tavern and Grill: If you're in the mood for casual dining and large portions for sharing, head to Mott. Locals love the food here, and it's great for families or couples who want to sample different options on the menu. In the summer, dine on the outdoor patio or if it's chilly out, warm up in front of the granite fireplace with a tasty drink before your meal. For the adults, there's happy hour every day as well as a "beer of the day" special. Enjoy playing the video poker, pinball, video golf and vintage video games, or rock out to the jukebox that features more than 120,000 songs.