Las Vegas is arguably the most popular place to visit to have a good time in the United States. It's here where all sorts of cultures and locations come together and you can travel from Paris to New York to Venice and back without ever even leaving the strip.
This sparkling city is well known for partying and letting loose, but there's much more to experience in Vegas. All of the excitement is certainly fun and worth the trip if you're of age. From the plethora of clubs, casinos and other attractions, it'd be quite a challenge not to have a good time. It is known as Sin City, after all. You can see an Elvis impersonator then catch a famous musician performing a show or watch a theatrical performance.
Las Vegas enjoys a subtropical desert climate so no matter what time of year you visit, the temperature will probably be great (and it’s not hard to stay indoors if not).
When you need a break from the excitement, you can venture off the Strip and visit one of Las Vegas's many museums, the zoo or one of the several parks for a breath of fresh air.
Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Neon Museum: Get a glimpse of vintage Las Vegas at the Neon Museum. You'll find a display of signs from old casinos and other businesses. It was founded in 1996 and maintains restored signs to place around the Fremont Street Experience and in the Boneyard Collection.
- Las Vegas Natural History Museum: Learn about the history of the city and the world at the Las Vegas Natural History Museum with exhibits focused on dinosaurs, marine life and Egypt. Galleries include Treasures of Egypt, the Las Vegas Founders' African Gallery, the Engelstad Family Prehistoric Life Gallery, the International Wildlife Gallery and the Marine Life Gallery, among others.
- Smith Center for the Performing Arts: Don't miss a chance to see a show at the Smith Center for the Performing Arts situated downtown. It consists of three theaters in two buildings and features international music and dance companies. It's also home to the Las Vegas Philharmonic and the Nevada Ballet Theatre. The center also hosts Broadway shows, so make a night of it with dinner and a performance.
- Las Vegas Springs Preserve: Enjoy nature at the Las Vegas Springs Preserve's 73 hectares of land with scenic walks and displays. Here you can marvel at the colorful desert botanical gardens as well as museum galleries, outdoor concert and event venues, and a series of trails that take you through a wetland habitat.
- Fremont Street Experience: The Fremont Street Experience is a favorite downtown Las Vegas attraction. It's a pedestrian mall under a barrel vault canopy. Two sounds stages hold (usually) free concerts for you to enjoy, and this is the location of the Neon Museum as well as the annual New Year's Eve party.
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area: Enjoy more outdoor space at the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, where you can marvel at large red rock formations including sandstone peaks and walls known as the Keystone Thrust. The walls rise up to 3,000 feet and are a popular hiking and rock climbing location. The canyon is only accessible by the four-wheel-drive road of the scenic loop, so it's perfect for adventure-lovers.
Things to Enjoy on the Las Vegas Strip
- Big Apple Roller Coaster: Channel your inner kid and take a ride on the Big Apple Roller Coaster. You'll rise 203 feet into the air then drop 144 feet. Your pulse will race as fast at the 67-mile-per-hour the drop is cruising at. Just when you think you've found the calm you'll hit the barrel roll, turning 180 degrees like a jet fighter. You're sure to get quite the adrenaline rush.
- Venetian Pool Deck: One of the most stunning spots in Las Vegas is the pool deck at the Venetian. Reminiscent of Italian gardens, this facility offers three pools, a hot tub, cocktails and a poolside cafe. It's the perfect place to relax in luxury. Cabin and pavilion beds are available, as well as lounge chairs on deck or in the lounge pool.
- Gondola Rides: You'll feel as if you've been transported to Italy with a gondola ride at the Venetian. Enjoy a vocal performance via your gondolier as you float down the canals running through the Grand Canal Shoppes. Don't forget to make a reservation for this exciting and romantic tour.
- Eiffel Tower: After you return from Italy, head over to Paris with a trip to the Eiffel Tower. Take a ride to the top of the 50-story replica of the Eiffel Tower with glass elevators where you can get a bird's eye view of Vegas. Once you reach the observation deck, take in breathtaking sights from all around the Las Vegas Strip then stop at the 11th-floor Eiffel Tower Restaurant for delicious French cuisine.