VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! - Great for Dust Allergies too!!
"Upon our arrival to the house, including entering the house, all we could say over and over again was "WOW!" The house was meticulously clean and so nicely done. What a difference from our previous rental experiences! The basement entertainment room was also clean (no musty smell!).
* the flooring was hard surface - tile and wood flooring - with only a few scattered area rugs so it was perfect for our daughter's dust allergies.
* the house was well stocked so we didn't need to run to the store to buy things like garbage bags and salt.
* both the owner and housekeeper checked in with us to make sure that everything was as expected.
* there was a private neighborhood beach area on the river 0.1 miles walk, which was the perfect get out point for tubing on the river. (we would drive about a mile on the dirt road, to a great point to put in for river tubing and leave our car. Upon reaching the beach area, we would walk back to the house and then I would ride my mountain bike back to the car to pick it up. Perfect!)
* We enjoyed the firepit and roasting marshmallows too on a few nights.
* 2.5 miles (5 min) to Attitash and 3.0 miles to Storyland plus near some great hikes (and 42 miles to Santa's Village). One day we took Bear Notch Road to go hiking on the Kanc. Highway (14 miles)....which is much easier than going through the towns. I much prefer being in the Glen area, 8 miles north of N. Conway, away from the mess there.
* Favorite restaurants: the donuts and deli at White Mountain Cider Co. as well as Margarita Grill.
Normally after renting, I have suggestions for the owners on how to improve the property but I did not have any this time. Part of me is hesitant to share how wonderful the property is for fearing that it will make it more difficult to rent in the future. :-)
After a week in the home, it was hard to return to our imperfect home....but hope to return to this property year-after-year in the future."
Guest: Jill L.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 23, 2015
"We spent a week on the pond with extended family and had plenty of room for the 9 of us. Really enjoyed the nightly bonfires and s'mores. We took day trips to nearby tourist attractions and used the rec center a couple of times. Fun for the whole family!"
Guest: DeAnn B.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 11, 2015
Labor Day on the Lake! Lobsters and more! So much fun!
"Thank you to the owners of the Lake House and Family! We had a so much fun! We stayed over Labor Day and had an incredible week! We wanted Lobsters and the owners helped us find some tasty lobster at a great price! Really beautiful and very relaxing!"
Guest: KellyDate of Stay: September 2014Review Submitted: November 19, 2014
"The chalet was clean , well maintained, and stocked with everything imaginable. We could only see one neighbor-- that is how remote it was. Our dog loved the walks in the woods. We would both recommend the rental and will try to go back again.
thank you, Ray, for a magnificent , peaceful week."
Guest: Janet W.Date of Stay: September 2014Review Submitted: September 24, 2014