"We husband and wife stayed for 4 nights at Biscochito Holiday Casita. We found the room satisfactory, the location quiet and near major attractions, the hostess thoughtful, thorough and hospitable.
1. New and well-kept room, appliances, furniture.
2. Available washer and dryer in the bathroom with HE detergent liquid.
3. Fresh and well-lit room with entrance glass door, a window, and skylights in the kitchen area and bathroom.
4. Clean, well-maintained, fully equipped modern kitchen with sufficient appliances, cookwares, spoons, folks, butter knifes, etc.
5. Walk-up shower.
6. Good-quality and sufficient hangers - both wooden and plastic.
7. Tasteful decor & exceptional space management.
8. Good wifi connection. We had a problem at first, but Victoria & her partner fixed it at once.
9. Exceptional location:
3 blocks to Atrisco Restaurant & Sprout Market, where we ate a delicious New Mexican dinner and grocery shopped on our first night in Santa Fe.
2 blocks to Georgia O'Keeffe Museum and Eldorado Hotel's back door.
1/2 mile walk to the Historic Fort Marcy Park and Cross of the Matyr - beautiful place to hike, watch the sunset and lunar eclipse
5-6 blocks to the Plaza, New Mexican Museum of Art, Palace of the Governors & New Mexican Historic Museum
1/2 - 3/4 mile walk to New Mexico State Capitol and Buchanan Gardens.
1/2 - 3/4 mile walk to Santuario de Guadalupe and Santa Fe Farmers' Market in the Railyard.
2 blocks to the convention center, tourist information office, free community gallery
10. Quiet room on quiet Staab Street in a quiet neighborhood.
11. Exceptional lighting ensemble with dimmers.
12. Private patio with 3 chairs, umbrella and a BBQ.
13. Good-quality bath towels and hand towels
14. 2 comfortable dining bar stools with butt pads.
15. 2 comfortable red leather chairs.
16. Great restaurant recommendations. We enjoyed Atrisco and Il Piatto.
The weather was comfortable in late September - 70 to 85 F during the day and 60 F at night. Thus we did not use the heater or air conditioner and cannot commend on them. We did not watch TV or use the BBQ in the patio, so could not comment on them either.
Minuses that would not take off any stars:
1. Freezer compartment in the fridge did not work well with ice-cream. We stored Haagen Daz and it melted. However, the ice cubes kept their solid shape.
2. The pillows are flat.
All in all, we recommend Victoria Rogers's units."
Guest: Gideon S.
Date of Stay: September 2015
Review Submitted: September 30, 2015