VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This was a very nice house. Pics on the website are accurate. Strongly recommend this place. We had a great time! With every rental there are positives and negatives. Regardless of its shortfalls, you will be more than happy with this choice. We were! That being said, here are some things to know:
- Water depth at the dock is about four feet. Bottom is six inches of mud. Cove is fairly narrow. 25 feet from dock to dock on other side of channel. Some shallow rocks ten feet from dock to the left. So if bringing a 25 foot boat, you will need to back down the cove 75 yards or so and spin around. Not a big issue.
- Swimming in the cove off the dock was ok, but water quality was a bit clouded with mud. Adults and teenagers swam down the cove 100 yards and hung out in open water so not a big deal. Not a real good place for younger children to swim. Didn't matter for us. I loaded the younger ones in the boat and took them to the sand bar at Wobble Island, which is only about a mile or so away.
- Boat lift and jet ski lift used by owner. Had to float my skis for a week and tied the boat up to cleats on the dock. Not really easy to pull skis up on grass as their is a foot or foot and a half lip and mud up to the shoreline. Boat ramp is a couple of miles away and on the main lake. It's a pretty good ride from main lake to the house 3-4 miles by water. Public Boat ramp was excellent.
- As clearly stated on website, there is no internet. Verizon, ATT, and T-Mobile had zero to very little coverage and you will not be able to use a hot spot for any of these service providers. Sometimes we got lucky, but more times than not we had no signal or a 1x extended signal that will give you a short phone call. In order to download texts and email, I took the phones out on the boat and found coverage ;)
- Two story house with single zone cooling. The system is in great working order, but the system is not balanced. Downstairs will be a few degrees cooler than upstairs. People sleeping downstairs will need a blanket :). Was not an issue for us. We brought lots of blankets ;)
Again, this is an excellent choice for a family get together. If I can figure out how to get improved connectivity for Verizon (i.e. Signal Booster), we will probably stay here again!
Family Reunion 2015"
Guest: wendy b.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 1, 2015
"Stayed at this house and enjoyed it very much. House was perfect and in a great location in the back of a protected cove which protects your boats from lake traffic and high winds. I would recommend this house to anyone looking for a good house at a good price."
Guest: JasonDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 30, 2015
"As a grandmother of seven grandchildren - 6 of them 4 years old and under, I was very apprehensive about going anywhere near any water for a vacation this year. Historically we would have gone to an ocean beach. I let my daughters know how nervous I was about all those little people being around the ocean and one of them suggested a lake house. I have never been to a lake house before. What an enjoyable, relaxing vacation! The little people could play in the water while the adults relaxed on their chairs and very little hands-on was required. The grassy area from the house to the lakefront was so much nicer than all the sand! We played all kinds of games there. There were small fish and a turtle came by one day for entertainment. I caught four fish IN A CHILD'S NET! We played duck-duck goose, croquet, play-doh, magnatiles, scrabble and made homemade ice cream. We rented a pontoon boat one day. We used the kayaks daily and the paddleboat. In addition, the Lake Gaston bird farm with about 100 species of birds and other farm animals is within walking distance. The kids loved it. Farmer Dick was really good with the little ones. The Ward's home was equipped with everything we needed to cook. The setup was great and handled my two daughters' families and I quite nicely. Underneath my bedroom suite is an outdoor "den" with a TV that we never even turned on. We spent most of our time there. The place was incredible. There seriously was nothing that we said, "I wish I would have brought, xxx." Eloise and Rick answered all our questions prior to arrival - they have sliced off a little piece of heaven. We will be back! I have already referred this place and provided contact information for some folks who are excited to check it out!"
Guest: Patricia WDate of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: September 10, 2014
"This was a great spot for our family with two small children. The kids loved to use the paddle boat to tour around the little coves. Everything was great - very clean, had a lot of room, very comfortable, especially the gazebo and dock for swimming. The kids even had their own tvs! We tried the new mini-golf and that was a lot of fun. This was a great location too - near everything which was nice and convenient. All in all, we had a great time, all was even nicer than the pictures - which is always a nice surprise!"
Guest: McSweeney FamilyDate of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: September 25, 2014