"This was a very nice house. Pics on the website are accurate. Strongly recommend this place. We had a great time! With every rental there are positives and negatives. Regardless of its shortfalls, you will be more than happy with this choice. We were! That being said, here are some things to know:
- Water depth at the dock is about four feet. Bottom is six inches of mud. Cove is fairly narrow. 25 feet from dock to dock on other side of channel. Some shallow rocks ten feet from dock to the left. So if bringing a 25 foot boat, you will need to back down the cove 75 yards or so and spin around. Not a big issue.
- Swimming in the cove off the dock was ok, but water quality was a bit clouded with mud. Adults and teenagers swam down the cove 100 yards and hung out in open water so not a big deal. Not a real good place for younger children to swim. Didn't matter for us. I loaded the younger ones in the boat and took them to the sand bar at Wobble Island, which is only about a mile or so away.
- Boat lift and jet ski lift used by owner. Had to float my skis for a week and tied the boat up to cleats on the dock. Not really easy to pull skis up on grass as their is a foot or foot and a half lip and mud up to the shoreline. Boat ramp is a couple of miles away and on the main lake. It's a pretty good ride from main lake to the house 3-4 miles by water. Public Boat ramp was excellent.
- As clearly stated on website, there is no internet. Verizon, ATT, and T-Mobile had zero to very little coverage and you will not be able to use a hot spot for any of these service providers. Sometimes we got lucky, but more times than not we had no signal or a 1x extended signal that will give you a short phone call. In order to download texts and email, I took the phones out on the boat and found coverage ;)
- Two story house with single zone cooling. The system is in great working order, but the system is not balanced. Downstairs will be a few degrees cooler than upstairs. People sleeping downstairs will need a blanket :). Was not an issue for us. We brought lots of blankets ;)
Again, this is an excellent choice for a family get together. If I can figure out how to get improved connectivity for Verizon (i.e. Signal Booster), we will probably stay here again!
Family Reunion 2015"
Guest: wendy b.
Date of Stay: June 2015
Review Submitted: July 1, 2015