I'll write a review trying, on one hand, to be of help for future guests and, on the other hand, because the place is worth praising!
1. About the cabin:
- I somehow feel that the owners are very generous people: everything there is generous - huge porch, large table outside, large table inside etc.
- Although the cabin is 4 min walking from the main street and 1 min driving, it is completely secluded, surrounded by trees. At the same time, there is an opening in the trees that lets you see the lake and the mountains. Perfect balance. Anyway, the place feels so safe, we ended up leaving the porch door unlocked when we were out.
- The mix of pure wood inside is great: literally a split branch that makes the frame of the mirror and a branch with a vine around it as a ceiling trim, perfect mix of clean nature and modern home
- As someone said before, the appliances (kitchen, washer and dryer etc) are not cheap, which makes you feel more at home.
- One of the owner's sons, who lives near by, came to greet us after we arrived: extremely polite and helpful, many thanks! Also, if he comes to check the hot tub, he will call first.
- Absolutely everything you need you will find in the cabin
- Also, there are two canoes with life vests and paddles on the private doc, a terrific place to watch the sunset. The walk from the cabin to the doc is 8 minutes.
2. About the area:
- For fishermen: well, that was tricky and a little frustrating (that's what happens when you have expectations!) - in 8 days of trying literally everything I had and knew, in the morning, evening, daytime, from the shore, from the canoe, on the dam, in the shallows etc (and I went prepared!) I caught a 2 pound bass and 2 sunfish. It will take a lot of luck or a boat with a sonar to find the fish.
- We canoed every day almost, we drove and hiked to Wayah Bald twice and spent some time there with a great view, drove to Andrews for groceries, went zip lining and water rafting to Nantahala Outdoor Center and had dinner a few times at the restaurant that is min walking from the cabin. Nice place, good food.
3. Personally, I've been a little disappointed with the seaside-like jet skis and huge number of speed boats during the weekend. We were even uncomfortable canoeing with that craziness around. Fortunately, things calmed down during the week and we found much wanted peace.
In conclusion, it was one of the best holidays we've had and we are grateful we were able to find this place!"
Guest: Andrei D.
Date of Stay: August 2015
Review Submitted: August 18, 2015