VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Enjoyed comfortable stay in town of Hood River with views of Columbia River and Mt Adams
Great location with nice views of Columbia River and Mt Adams. Centrally located in town of Hood River, a 10-15 minute walk to most Hood River town shopping/eateries. A short 5 minute or less drive to kite boarding & wind surfing launch area, Safeway Market, Walmart, and just about everything else in the town of Hood River.
* Owners communicated well through email or phone.
* Neighborhood seemed very safe and in good location.
* The view from the main floor patio/deck had some other home's/buildings in the view, but did not obstruct the view of the Columbia River, Mt Adams, etc. View was very nice.
* Vacation rental was clean and comfortable.
* Cute family of little birds (possibly quail) that lived near the vacation rental.
For the sake of thoroughness, the following are some minor issues that did not affect us in a negative way, but may affect some other people that may be sensitive to these issues:
* All the bedrooms were not on the main floor, but required either walking downstairs or upstairs (which was not a problem as we were all in good enough shape to handle the regular walking of stairs). May be difficult and/or inconvenient for the elderly, disabled, or people that are significantly out of shape.
* Was not able to use the garage for parking (due to missing garage door opener), however driveway was plenty large enough to fit our rented minivan.
Overall a very pleasant trip for my family, including my wife, daughter, niece, and tea cup chihuahua.
Due to all the pluses, and how the negatives "may" be issues for some people (but were not negatives for us), I would rate this vacation rental 5 stars.
Thank you to the hosts!"
Guest: John V.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 29, 2015
"This location was great for two couples to call home while we explored the waterfalls, wineries, mountains and plenty of other fun in the area. A short drive from PDX and from Timberline Resort this Hood River location allowed us to see more than we anticipated during our too brief stay.
The home was clean and provided all of the required amenities that we needed for cooking a few meals in during the week and enjoying coffee and wine under both Mount Adams and Mount Hood. If we make it back to that part of the world again, we will certainly consider renting this location again."
Guest: James H.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 12, 2015
"We used this condo for a girls weekend and it was great. It was close to everything, so we rarely used the car. It was furnished nicely and the kitchen had all the amenities one would need, but we chose to eat out at the various yummy restaurants in Hood River. The only complaint I would have is that there is no designated parking. There was plenty of street parking, but since we stayed during a festival, we had to park a couple of streets over on one of the nights. The deposit is rather high, but they didn't ask for it until right before the trip and refunded it very quickly."
Guest: NicoleMDate of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: September 29, 2015