VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We stayed here for our family holiday gathering this year, with 6 adults and 6 kids in attendance, and we really could not have been happier with it. The house was perfect. The photos on here really don't do it justice. It's spacious enough for everyone to have space and privacy. It's nicely decorated and comfortable and clean and lovely. Tons of amenities. There's a huge bathroom in one of the bedrooms with a large whirlpool type bath tub that was very popular with our kids (and some of the adults!) Our older kids loved playing in the attached garage, and the yard was great for soccer games. Brenda (the owner) is very kind and helpful. The view is gorgeous. I'm so happy we chose this house and would recommend it to anyone."
Guest: Kate B.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 2, 2015
"My wife and I rented this wonderful home for 5 days. There is a leap of faith when renting off the internet and we wondered if the reality of this property would live up to its description. Frankly, it was more than we expected! This house was perfect and the scenery was amazing. We spent time walking the beach (glorious), eating fresh salmon (exquisite), and watching the world go by.
I am a photographer and spent a lot of time shooting pictures off of the patio. The opportunities for amazing photo's are endless. I shot hummingbirds, helicopters, the lighthouse, and everything else that crossed my lens.
If you are going to Coos Bay, I would strongly recommend renting from Gail. She was excellent to deal with and the property is first rate. We will definitely be back."
Guest: Terry from Holland, MIDate of Stay: September 2014Review Submitted: September 28, 2014
"This is an amazing vacation home, better then it was describe, it has everything you need or want. Very nice , peacefull, lots of deer, Nice location, close to everything, beach, restaurants, town, etc.
Lots a room to roam, The owners were great. We had a great time.
Thank you Russell and Janeen for sharing your home."
Guest: DAULINE F.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: December 23, 2014
"Thank you, Jill, for making this wonderful spot available for others to enjoy! Your studio was the perfect getaway place for a quiet (aside from the sound of the waves filtering into our room each night…which we truly enjoyed), peaceful, private (though not secluded) week away from it all.
The best parts…hmmmm…that's a tough one since there are so many:
1. The VIEW…if you're looking for a panoramic view of the ocean from right inside the living space from every corner, the windows all the way across the room and up around the entire space made you feel like your were right on the crest of a cliff overlooking the ocean nestled into the forest.
2. The accommodations…clean, contemporary decor felt like a designer studio (not a miss-mosh of furnishing put together for a rental home like many others).
3. The host…Jill was truly welcoming and excited to have visitors share her very special spot in the world! We received special "gifts" of fresh fruit on our doorstep…and anything we asked for in record time (butter, can opener, hot plate, etc).
4. The deck…the grounds and landscaping were extraordinary! Jill designed the outside living space perfectly with more than ample room to grill, sit, read and enjoy the panoramic views up above the crashing waves. She certainly has an eye for design and color…beautiful annuals combined with colorful hydrangea hedges along with mature hedges trimmed to give just the right amount of privacy without compromising the view.
5. The beach…we were able to stroll down the private stairs to enjoy a walk on the private stretch of beach every single day. There was so much to explore and marvel at…without crowds…at most, we saw 4 other people on one day. Oh, and although we didn't get to do this, we will have a cozy fire on the beach next time as we saw others enjoying!
6. Location…we were able to venture out to visit Bandon, Florence, the dunes for easy half day trips. Grocery stores and such were just a short drive away.
We are probably doing ourselves a dis-service by raving about the Loft by the Lighthouse…we'll need to book early to make sure we have the chance to come back as this place is certainly a "keeper" on our travel books!"
Guest: Will be back!Date of Stay: July 2014Review Submitted: July 23, 2014