VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"Thank you, Jill, for making this wonderful spot available for others to enjoy! Your studio was the perfect getaway place for a quiet (aside from the sound of the waves filtering into our room each night…which we truly enjoyed), peaceful, private (though not secluded) week away from it all.
The best parts…hmmmm…that's a tough one since there are so many:
1. The VIEW…if you're looking for a panoramic view of the ocean from right inside the living space from every corner, the windows all the way across the room and up around the entire space made you feel like your were right on the crest of a cliff overlooking the ocean nestled into the forest.
2. The accommodations…clean, contemporary decor felt like a designer studio (not a miss-mosh of furnishing put together for a rental home like many others).
3. The host…Jill was truly welcoming and excited to have visitors share her very special spot in the world! We received special "gifts" of fresh fruit on our doorstep…and anything we asked for in record time (butter, can opener, hot plate, etc).
4. The deck…the grounds and landscaping were extraordinary! Jill designed the outside living space perfectly with more than ample room to grill, sit, read and enjoy the panoramic views up above the crashing waves. She certainly has an eye for design and color…beautiful annuals combined with colorful hydrangea hedges along with mature hedges trimmed to give just the right amount of privacy without compromising the view.
5. The beach…we were able to stroll down the private stairs to enjoy a walk on the private stretch of beach every single day. There was so much to explore and marvel at…without crowds…at most, we saw 4 other people on one day. Oh, and although we didn't get to do this, we will have a cozy fire on the beach next time as we saw others enjoying!
6. Location…we were able to venture out to visit Bandon, Florence, the dunes for easy half day trips. Grocery stores and such were just a short drive away.
We are probably doing ourselves a dis-service by raving about the Loft by the Lighthouse…we'll need to book early to make sure we have the chance to come back as this place is certainly a "keeper" on our travel books!"
Guest: Will be back!Date of Stay: July 2014Review Submitted: July 23, 2014
"We had an amazing spring break staying at this house! So clean and nice felt like home, and it is very well equipped! The back yard was awesome we cooked s'mores and stayed up late by the fire. We will be staying again when we come next time! I would recommend this house to anyone!
Guest: Hillary K.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 2, 2015
"This was our first VRBO, and it set a high standard of excellence for every VRBO we go to in the future. The cottage faces the lake/ocean and we were fortunate to be visited by deer and a baby doe that had us locked in a staring contest for quite a while. We were fortunate to attend a local bingo night, which I won $13.00, and spent at the local library book store. We had our bikes and traveled from one end of the town to another before stopping for lunch. Do yourself a favor, stop looking for other properties because you have already found it by looking at Garrison Lake Cottage."
Guest: Rosalie B.Date of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: February 5, 2015
"I just finished a weeks stay in the Casita suite. It was my first time using VRBO and I had a great experience. The suite was super clean and well equiped, and even though the building is on the coast hwy, the Casita suite is upstairs and in back making it very easy to sleep in, in the mornings.
Sue the owner is super easy going and helpful, if she isn't around Inga at the craft shop next door is very sweet and can help with any questions about local activities.
Quick access to Cape Blanco, Lake Floras, Bandon and Port Orford, along with 4 or 5 state parks. Langlois is a great base to do just about any outdoor activity from (hiking, sailboarding, kayaking, cycling, etc).
The Langlois market looks like a tiny stop and go market, but had everything from grass fed beef to produce, and is just a stones throw away.
ps. The free internet access for guest was quite good and streamed Netflix without a problem"
Guest: Robert B.Date of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: August 28, 2014