VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"Thomas has a great place. We went during the summer and the activities calendar is nice for the kids. The house and nice and comfortable and had everything we needed. I ended up finding out more about the community and grocery store, etc is within 15 minutes so everything is fairly close if you need to get out. The dock is close and within walking distance for fishing from the house. The estates community is very nice and clean. The people were very friendly and lots to do. I recommend bringing a kayak or canoe if you want to get out into the water at the lake within the community. The kids enjoyed the fishing. We rented a boat on Lake Wallenpaupack which was nice for the day. Overall very nice place and lots to do."
Guest: Chad B.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 19, 2015
"Hello, I just recently stayed at this Lake Front Property this past weekend and I couldn't have had a better time. The house was flawless and the pictures does no justice to how the house was when I arrived. Had a lot of amenities and was super close to different attractions. I will deffinatly recommend this property to anyone! The perfect getaway location!"
Guest: NicholasDate of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: February 3, 2015
"We stayed in Eleanor's beautiful lakeside home in the Hideout community for 4 nights and 5 days. It was one of the best holidays we have ever had. The house was well equipped with everything we needed. The rooms were very comfortable and clean and the view of the lake was breathtaking in the mornings. We grilled burgers almost every night, the grocery store is easy to get to.
The house is serene and calm and the community offers activities for all ages. My 2 and 5 year old nephews thoroughly enjoyed wading through the lake (right off the house dock), making sand castles on the beach every morning, roasting smores on the upper deck in the fire pits provided at night, canoe rides and learning how to fish from the same dock with their grandfather (we caught about 15 small to medium sized fishes).
My mother and I went for long walks and bike rides (the house comes with bikes) early morning and ran into a beautiful family of deer. Not a sound except an occasional car would we hear. My father even played golf at the community course and we managed to go visit some local antique stores.
We plan on returning here every year. Special thanks to Eleanor and the house manager Barbara for being extremely patient and helpful with all our questions and needs before and during the holiday."
Guest: Aliya B.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 23, 2015
7 Awesome Things You Need To Know About This Modern Gem
"1. There is a stream running through the factory. Like, right under it. There's even a glass table in the restaurant under The Loft that lets you see it flow by! Who needs Fallingwater? Eat your heart our Frankie Lloyd. Be sure to ask Joan or Victor if you want to catch a glimpse!
2. The pictures in the listing (as amazing as they are), do not do this place justice. Not that the pictures are bad: it is actually just impossible. I tried to take some pictures myself. Then I took some huge panoramas. Then I took multiple huge panoramas. It never captured the cozy enormity of being there in real life! And I figured it out: it's because the pictures are not in 3-D. Imagine a bright huge wooden-floored warm modern cube. In real life you experience the entire thing at once. With pictures, you are limited to a few slices of Modern Gem Cube at a time. Go there to really see it!
3. Joan and Victor are incredibly kind and fun people. All communication and correspondence was a breeze/blast.
4. Victor is an awesome artist with crazy cool paintings that add to the surreal grandeur of The Loft and Jim Thorpe as a whole. That's right. The whole town is better because of Victor. And Joan.
5. As with any unbelievable get-away, there may or may not be a hidden secret door.
6. Glen Onoko Falls (an infinite cascade of waterfalls) is a 5 minute drive away. You've never seen so many waterfalls before in your whole life. You'll never seem them all. I think the last Falls is in Canada. It's a difficult hike! Bring sticks and shoe leather, rations for 40 nights (worst case scenario: Canada).
7. There may or may not be a 2,000 sq. foot "mud room" off the entrance of the loft that is perfect for hanging a Pinata, and running around a little silly. A best use scenario would involve an expert 70's disco DJ and an entire rollerskating entourage. Don't do that last one. But you could. But don't. (Ask Joan.)
Some of this is silly, but in all honesty, this place is amazing. We were a large group of noisy old friends, and Joan and Victor were very kind and generous to share their amazingly realized imaginations. We are forever thankful!"
Guest: Brian I.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 6, 2015