VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This house is awesome! It has comfy furniture not your average rental furniture. It had more then ample hot water supply for four women's showers. The view of the lake is beautiful, we were fortunate enough to be there for the fall foliage. We had a fire on the private beach and while we were setting there three deer came up about twenty feet away to take a drink from the lake! There were plenty of activities to fill our long weekend. It was peaceful setting on the deck after a full day. . The shops in town are very affordable, a lovely town to stroll through. The residents were so friendly. Penns Peak Resteraunt had delicious home made potato chips. My only complaint would be that we had to leave to go back to the real world."
Guest: Debbie K.Date of Stay: September 2014Review Submitted: October 3, 2014
7 Awesome Things You Need To Know About This Modern Gem
"1. There is a stream running through the factory. Like, right under it. There's even a glass table in the restaurant under The Loft that lets you see it flow by! Who needs Fallingwater? Eat your heart our Frankie Lloyd. Be sure to ask Joan or Victor if you want to catch a glimpse!
2. The pictures in the listing (as amazing as they are), do not do this place justice. Not that the pictures are bad: it is actually just impossible. I tried to take some pictures myself. Then I took some huge panoramas. Then I took multiple huge panoramas. It never captured the cozy enormity of being there in real life! And I figured it out: it's because the pictures are not in 3-D. Imagine a bright huge wooden-floored warm modern cube. In real life you experience the entire thing at once. With pictures, you are limited to a few slices of Modern Gem Cube at a time. Go there to really see it!
3. Joan and Victor are incredibly kind and fun people. All communication and correspondence was a breeze/blast.
4. Victor is an awesome artist with crazy cool paintings that add to the surreal grandeur of The Loft and Jim Thorpe as a whole. That's right. The whole town is better because of Victor. And Joan.
5. As with any unbelievable get-away, there may or may not be a hidden secret door.
6. Glen Onoko Falls (an infinite cascade of waterfalls) is a 5 minute drive away. You've never seen so many waterfalls before in your whole life. You'll never seem them all. I think the last Falls is in Canada. It's a difficult hike! Bring sticks and shoe leather, rations for 40 nights (worst case scenario: Canada).
7. There may or may not be a 2,000 sq. foot "mud room" off the entrance of the loft that is perfect for hanging a Pinata, and running around a little silly. A best use scenario would involve an expert 70's disco DJ and an entire rollerskating entourage. Don't do that last one. But you could. But don't. (Ask Joan.)
Some of this is silly, but in all honesty, this place is amazing. We were a large group of noisy old friends, and Joan and Victor were very kind and generous to share their amazingly realized imaginations. We are forever thankful!"
Guest: Brian I.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 6, 2015