VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Nice, calm & pleasant place for a memorable holiday weekend
"I and my friends had a very pleasant, memorable vacation. Thanks to Jennifer and Bob's house, we had a great time. Our group of 6 had good fun and none of us have anything against the house. We really liked all the amenities provided to facilitate cooking and lounging in the house. The house is also conveniently located not so far away from local grocery stores, coffee shops, utility stores etc. That really helped us in getting certain things we missed while packing for vacation. The outside of the house had ample space for parking 2 standard size cars and there space left for at-least one more. The patio was good and would be great for anyone to sit and relax in the evening. I'll definitely be renting this place again if I happen to vacation in places around Jim Thorpe again in future. Thank you Jennifer and Bob for your great hospitality."
Guest: Kalyan T.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 27, 2015
"We rented this house for ski getaway with three families a total of 12 people for the New Year's week. The house was perfect! It had everything we needed.. The view from the deck is amazing!! We skied at Blue Mountain and it was just under a half an hour from the ski resort which was great. There are other ski resorts even closer. Everyone had such a great time! Nancy and Jack were just a pleasure to deal with.. We would definitely rent this house again!!!"
Guest: Nowal S.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 7, 2015
7 Awesome Things You Need To Know About This Modern Gem
"1. There is a stream running through the factory. Like, right under it. There's even a glass table in the restaurant under The Loft that lets you see it flow by! Who needs Fallingwater? Eat your heart our Frankie Lloyd. Be sure to ask Joan or Victor if you want to catch a glimpse!
2. The pictures in the listing (as amazing as they are), do not do this place justice. Not that the pictures are bad: it is actually just impossible. I tried to take some pictures myself. Then I took some huge panoramas. Then I took multiple huge panoramas. It never captured the cozy enormity of being there in real life! And I figured it out: it's because the pictures are not in 3-D. Imagine a bright huge wooden-floored warm modern cube. In real life you experience the entire thing at once. With pictures, you are limited to a few slices of Modern Gem Cube at a time. Go there to really see it!
3. Joan and Victor are incredibly kind and fun people. All communication and correspondence was a breeze/blast.
4. Victor is an awesome artist with crazy cool paintings that add to the surreal grandeur of The Loft and Jim Thorpe as a whole. That's right. The whole town is better because of Victor. And Joan.
5. As with any unbelievable get-away, there may or may not be a hidden secret door.
6. Glen Onoko Falls (an infinite cascade of waterfalls) is a 5 minute drive away. You've never seen so many waterfalls before in your whole life. You'll never seem them all. I think the last Falls is in Canada. It's a difficult hike! Bring sticks and shoe leather, rations for 40 nights (worst case scenario: Canada).
7. There may or may not be a 2,000 sq. foot "mud room" off the entrance of the loft that is perfect for hanging a Pinata, and running around a little silly. A best use scenario would involve an expert 70's disco DJ and an entire rollerskating entourage. Don't do that last one. But you could. But don't. (Ask Joan.)
Some of this is silly, but in all honesty, this place is amazing. We were a large group of noisy old friends, and Joan and Victor were very kind and generous to share their amazingly realized imaginations. We are forever thankful!"
Guest: Brian I.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 6, 2015