VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"Stood at this place with 14 friends and family (mostly couples) and it was the perfect house! Plenty of room to accommodate everyone comfortably. Lake harmony is only about a 10-15 minute walk from the house, but you can drive there in 5. The house has a perfect deck for hanging outside and BBQing if your into that.The owner John was very nice and responded promptly on time to any questions and concerns I had. Everyone in my group had a very memorable weekend, you will not be disappointed with this house!"
Guest: Joel N.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: June 3, 2015
"A group of us (couples) went up to stay at Renee and Heather's place near Lake Wallenpaupack was beautiful. The home itself was gorgeous, the HVAC was wonderful, the kayaks they own were great for spending some time in the smaller nearby lake, we enjoyed the game room and outdoor courts and swimming pool while there, and we spent time on the porch of the house drinking coffee each morning!
The house had all of the things one would need. It had a decent sized TV (probably 29 or 32") with an HDMI connection to the cable (which we switched to our laptop when we wanted to watch Netflix), a beautiful backyard (that we barely explored!), and some very cool games in the basement.
The 2 bathrooms were good for us (one is in the basement and one is on the first floor next to two bedrooms there). The bedroom on the 2nd floor, which stands off on its own, is neat and very cozy + has a ceiling fan.
Supermarkets were a 15 minute drive away (which was nothing).
The one warning I have is: Get your vehicle tags! One of our cars didn't have one and it landed us a ticket for 25 bucks.
We didn't explore the area outside of the Estates much, but there's plenty to do: hiking, parks, quaint towns, etc"
Guest: Andrew E.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: June 25, 2015
"We had two wonderful vacations at this beautiful home! We enjoyed Memorial Day weekend last year and MLK weekend this year! We all truly enjoyed ourselves, and the house is very clean and in a great location!
Laura and Duncan were so easy to rent from! I would definitely recommend this property!"
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: February 3, 2015
7 Awesome Things You Need To Know About This Modern Gem
"1. There is a stream running through the factory. Like, right under it. There's even a glass table in the restaurant under The Loft that lets you see it flow by! Who needs Fallingwater? Eat your heart our Frankie Lloyd. Be sure to ask Joan or Victor if you want to catch a glimpse!
2. The pictures in the listing (as amazing as they are), do not do this place justice. Not that the pictures are bad: it is actually just impossible. I tried to take some pictures myself. Then I took some huge panoramas. Then I took multiple huge panoramas. It never captured the cozy enormity of being there in real life! And I figured it out: it's because the pictures are not in 3-D. Imagine a bright huge wooden-floored warm modern cube. In real life you experience the entire thing at once. With pictures, you are limited to a few slices of Modern Gem Cube at a time. Go there to really see it!
3. Joan and Victor are incredibly kind and fun people. All communication and correspondence was a breeze/blast.
4. Victor is an awesome artist with crazy cool paintings that add to the surreal grandeur of The Loft and Jim Thorpe as a whole. That's right. The whole town is better because of Victor. And Joan.
5. As with any unbelievable get-away, there may or may not be a hidden secret door.
6. Glen Onoko Falls (an infinite cascade of waterfalls) is a 5 minute drive away. You've never seen so many waterfalls before in your whole life. You'll never seem them all. I think the last Falls is in Canada. It's a difficult hike! Bring sticks and shoe leather, rations for 40 nights (worst case scenario: Canada).
7. There may or may not be a 2,000 sq. foot "mud room" off the entrance of the loft that is perfect for hanging a Pinata, and running around a little silly. A best use scenario would involve an expert 70's disco DJ and an entire rollerskating entourage. Don't do that last one. But you could. But don't. (Ask Joan.)
Some of this is silly, but in all honesty, this place is amazing. We were a large group of noisy old friends, and Joan and Victor were very kind and generous to share their amazingly realized imaginations. We are forever thankful!"
Guest: Brian I.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 6, 2015