This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
$32 - $155 per night 3-29 night min stay
$135 - $180 per night 3-7 night min stay
From $310/2nts - $415/3nts - $625/wk
- Wonderfully Furnished, One Level, Upgraded 3rd(Top)Floor Condo. Beautiful Unobstructed Marsh/Sunset Views. Close to Center St/Beach/Folly Pier. Hardwoods/Screened Porch/Jacuzzi/Elevator/Private Pool/Cabana/Crabbing Dock. 3 Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms Sleeps 7 Marsh Winds #3203212ha
- Top(3rd Floor) Unit. Exquisite Sunset/Marsh Views. Park Your Car and Leave it, You Won't Need it! Short Walk to Center St/Beach/Folly Fishing Pier. Jacuzzi/Screened Porch/Elevator/Pool/Cabana/Crabbing Dock. 3 Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms Sleeps 6 Marsh Winds #3203214ha
- Top(3rd Floor)End Unit! Exquisite Marsh/Sunset Views. Park Your Car and Leave it - Won't Need it! Just a Short Walk to Center St. Folly Pier and the Beach. Screened Porch/Jacuzzi/Elevator/Pool/Cabana/Crabbing Dock. 3 Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms Sleeps 7 Marsh Winds #3210166ha
- 1st Floor End Unit! a Perfect Fb Vacation Spot! Pure Tranquility! Just a Short Walk Over the Bridge to Center St. and Then to the Beach. Screened Covered Deck/Jacuzzi/Pool/Cabana/Elevator/Crabbing Dock. 3 Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms Sleeps 9 Marsh Winds #3210262ha
- 2nd Floor End Unit! Exquisite Front & Side Views of Marsh/Sunsets. New Owners Have Upgraded Everything. Close to Center St, the Beach & Folly Fishing Pier. Screened Porch/Jacuzzi/Elevator/Pool/Cabana/Crabbing Dock. 3 Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms Sleeps 8 Marsh Winds #3215643ha
- 3rd(Top)Floor/1400 Sf/1 Level Condo with Many Upgrades. Hardwood/Tile Floors. Beautiful Sunset/Marsh Views. Close to Center St/Beach/Folly Fishing Pier. Screened Porch/Jacuzzi/Elevator/Private Pool/Cabana/Crabbing Dock.. 3 Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms Sleeps 6 Marsh Winds #3203194ha
Marsh Winds Travel Tips
View the Morris Island Lighthouse From Marsh Winds Condo Rentals
Visitors to Folly Beach, South Carolina have always marveled at the grandeur and history of the Morris Island Lighthouse. This throwback to the era of pre-sonar water transport stands 300 yards off the shore of Folly Beach Island. This is actually the second lighthouse to stand in the same spot; retreating Confederate soldiers destroyed the original to prevent Union forces from using it to guide supply ships into the harbor. Folly Beach vacation rentals, including the Marsh Winds beach rentals, offer a stellar view of this beautiful structure.
Check Out This Structure While You Still Can
The constantly shifting forces of tides and erosion have dramatically altered the topography of Morris Island. Initially there were three islands but the changing water currents added enough sand to merge the islands into one. One hundred years later, in the early 1900s, the currents began changing again. This time the new current patterns threatened the harbor and jetties had to be built. These caused erosion on the edges of the island. Over time Morris Island was completely lost. Today the lighthouse stands alone with water lapping up against its edges. Marsh Winds condo rentals and Marsh Winds beach rentals give you a home near history while history is still standing.
How Much Longer Will it Remain Offshore?
After the structure was officially decommissioned, the Coast Guard planned to destroy it. Petitions by residents and historical enthusiasts saved the Morris Island Lighthouse. It is now privately owned and plans are underway to preserve it for future generations. The main question is how much will it cost to hold back the forces of nature? Those who wish to appreciate it now, while it still standing proud off the shore of Folly Beach, are fortunate that the Marsh Winds condo rentals place them as close to history as possible.