- Ocean Pointe
- Palmettos at Folly
- Pavillion Watch
- Pier Pointe
- Private Homes
- Seacoast Villas
- Seaside Villas
- Seaside Villas II
- Sunset Cay Marina
- Sunset Point
- Turn of River
- Turtle Bay
- Waters Edge
- Back Bay
- Beachwalker Villas
- Blue Heron Inn
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in Folly Beach currently advertising. Please see the USA, South Carolina, Charleston Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Folly Beach reviews
"Always enjoy my time at Folly Beach, this condo is in a wonderful location, no need to drive and the beach is right there. Highly recommend!!"Guest: Lori W. Date of Stay: October 2014 Review Submitted: October 14, 2014View listing
"We got a group of ladies together to celebrate a friends upcoming wedding and picked this house because of it's absolutely fantastic location. The house was perfect for our needs - clean, well stocked and appointed, amazing views and a great beach cottagey feel. When I was looking at properties, I really did not want to stay in a sterile condo or a place that felt like a hotel....this house, with it's amazing big back porch and large living spaces (for a cottage) was exactly what we were looking for... Let me say that there was some concern in advance about the one bathroom, for a girls weekend, but it was never an issue. As a couple past reviewers said, you just have to plan a bit but it's really no big deal at all. The bathroom is large, especially for a beach cottage - the shower was strong and updated and we had plenty of hot water for each and every shower. There's also an outdoor shower that is perfect for a quick rinse if you are coming off the beach and need to rinse off the sand. The house is about 1.5 miles from the downtown area - great for beach walks to either the breakout or to the pier. It's less than a 5 mins drive to a bunch of restaurants, shops and bars, and another 5-10 to larger grocery stores, a Walmart, etc. Charleston is super easy to get into from Folly - about a 20 min drive - never did we hit traffic when going in to shop, have dinner or brunch. We did a group SUP lesson at Charleston SUP Safari's on Sat morning and had a BLAST!!! Highly recommend if you are coming to this area. Thanks, Amanda, for a great stay. We will be back!"Guest: Jessica B. Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 30, 2014View listing
"Excellent location, one block off beach, five blocks from main street. Superb family vacation home that can accomodate a large family. We had eight adults and two children. Beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean, family room upstairs was an excellent place for small children to play. Owner and property manager were easy to work with. We enjoyed sitting on the front porch in the morning with our coffee or late in the afternoon with our cocktails. Plenty of parking in back of house. Simply, outstanding vacation home. Highly recommend this home for large families."Guest: Bob Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: May 6, 2014View listing
"This was our second stay at Turn of River and it was as pleasant as our first stay. We felt at home the minute we walked in the door. The condo was clean and had everything we needed. Thank you Robert for sharing your home with us!"Guest: The Salerno's Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 29, 2014View listing
Folly Beach Travel Tips
Just an easy 15 miles from downtown Charleston is the lovely, laid-back little town of Folly Beach, nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and Folly River.
Affectionately known as the "edge of America" by locals, there's plenty of sandy shores to enjoy here as you soak up the warmth of the sun and relax as the sound of the ocean washes over you. Fishing is also a great pastime here, and a perfect opportunity to catch a fresh meal. But if you'd prefer somebody else to do the dinner prep, head to one of Folly Beach's amazing restaurants where you're sure to savor every bite. You may even get treated to some live music so you can kick off your shoes and cut a rug on the dance floor!
The natural sights here are second to none, from postcard-worthy sunrises and sunsets to gorgeous water views, and since you're so close to the water, you just might catch a glimpse of the wildlife including dolphins, bald eagles, loggerhead turtles, sea birds and more.
There's also a rich history to be explored throughout the area. As you venture through Folly Beach, you'll be thrilled by the local charm found around every corner.
Things to Do in Folly Beach
- Folly Fishing Pier: Whether you do it for fun or for the thrill of catching your dinner to cook up at night, saltwater fishing in Folly Beach is a favorite hobby. If it's one of yours, definitely plan to head to Folly Fishing Pier where you can choose your favorite lure, cast a line and wait for a bite. It's sure to be a relaxing experience made even better as you take in the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and all that surrounds you. As you wait for a fish to grab your line, you can do some bird watching, and when you need to stretch your legs, take a stroll along the pier. The pier stands 25 feet wide and 23 feet above sea level, so there's plenty of space for everyone - in fact, it's the second longest pier on the East Coast! If you don't own a fishing rod, have no fear - you can rent one. The pier also provides beach access and showers to get all that sand off afterward.
- Folly Beach Fine Arts Center: If you appreciate seeing live entertainment, head to the Folly Beach Fine Arts Center for a show. The center is home to The Actor's Theatre, so after a fun-filled day exploring the town, treat yourself to a night out. Hit a local restaurant for a delicious meal then take in a show!
- Folly Beach Massage: When you're on vacation, relaxation is usually at the top of the list of things to do. For the ultimate in tension release to let all that stress just melt away, book an appointment at Folly Beach Massage. They offer a variety of services, including Swedish, deep tissue and sports massages, to work out your kinks and knots and soothe sore muscles. You're sure to leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Learn to surf: Do you love surfing or have always wanted to try the sport? Folly Beach is one of the best spots for surfing on the East Coast. So if it's always been on your bucket list, now's the perfect time to take some surfing lessons! Greg Elliott Surf is a terrific option for lessons. Here you can learn how to paddle out, stand up and hang ten as you ride the waves. If you prefer to watch the action, Folly Beach is also home to a variety of surfing contests each year.
Dining in Folly Beach
- BLU Bar and Restaurant: If you're looking for a favorite dining spot among locals and visitors alike, head to BLU. You'll be treated to oceanside dining, so you can watch the waves lap against the shore as you enjoy your meal of shrimp and grits, grouper, bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin or seafood gumbo. Be sure to save room for creme brulee, bread pudding or strawberry short cake! The food here is also based on sustainability with freshly caught fish, local ingredients and flavors from the region. BLU is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but it will be incredibly romantic to go in the evening and eat while watching the sunset!
- Lost Dog Cafe: For a laid-back dining experience, head to Lost Dog Cafe, where you can indulge in breakfast all day long! Favorites here include huevos rancheros, biscuits and gravy, and the breakfast burrito. It's a great place to spend some time relaxing with good company as you dine and talk about your favorite parts of your trip to Folly Beach or plan the day's activities.