- Waters Edge
- Back Bay
- Beachwalker Villas
- Blue Heron Inn
- Charleston Oceanfront Villas
- Dolphins At Folly
- East Folly Beach Shores
- Folly Beach Suites
- Little Oak Villas
- Mariners Cay
- Marsh Winds
- Ocean Pointe
- Palmettos at Folly
- Pavillion Watch
- Pier Pointe
- Private Homes
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in Folly Beach currently advertising. Please see the USA, South Carolina, Charleston Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Folly Beach reviews
"This stay was for our adult kids to attend their cousins wedding. The place is comfy cozy and the porch is fantastic. We had everything that we could have wanted from beach chairs to an well equipped kitchen. Beach access is great and it is on the quieter end of the island (also great). You can walk to the marina for a drink or view. We would most definitely stay there again. (I think some extended family is looking at it too!)"Guest: Kayte Date of Stay: October 2014 Review Submitted: October 9, 2014View listing
"We had three families-two with small children-there was plenty of space, comfortable accomedations and a very short walk to the beach. It had a washer and dryer (which came in very handy), as well as a full kitchen. We will stay there again."Guest: JJ Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: July 8, 2014View listing
"Our group planned drive times/flight schedules around the check-in time as it was made clear there would be no early check-ins. After taking two planes and a 40 min cab ride, we arrived about 4pm and we all waited to go inside until 4:31pm. We were shooed out by the cleaning staff saying it would be another 30/45min before they were finished. We had very tired, hot babies who had been traveling all day. Not knowing what else to do we called the owner. I knew there was nothing she could do about it, but thought I thought A. she should know, and if I was the owner I’d want to know, and B. she might offer us an apology or something helpful. She harshly told us ‘that is why I tell you people no early check-ins for exactly this reason.’ To which my husband pointed out that it was in fact after 4:30 and we were NOT early. She said to sit in our cars and wait if we wanted to check in to a clean house. My friends had arrived by cab from the airport and didn’t have a car to sit in. Even had it been out of my control that my staff was behind I would have apologized and showed empathy… I don’t think it would have made us nearly as upset to wait outside in the heat had she at least been apologetic and kind about their tardiness. Eventually, we did get inside and we enjoyed our time at the house. Here are a few things we noticed though. The shower curtain in the jack-and-jill bathroom had of mold on it. The master bathroom door wouldn't completely close… it would swing open 2-3 inches no matter how hard you tried to close it and since the toilet is right inside the door, that was always open, you had no privacy. We personally found the mattress in the master bedroom to be uncomfortable. The others were better. Almost the entire patio outside at the grill/shower area was covered in mildew. It most severely needed to be bleached and power washed. Grill was falling apart. We didn’t attempt to use it. All in all, the house was fine. It’s large and spacious but is currently lacking in detailed TLC. It’s nothing a few days and a good handyman couldn’t fix though. Over all good house, great location in town/beach! We loved Folly (our first visit)! Also, Burt's Market is literally a short stroll from the house and we were super impressed to discover this place. Carried great brands, gluten free, organic, non gmo... lots of things we enjoy but had a hard time finding elsewhere and so convenient!"Guest: MamaCarebear Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: October 4, 2014View listing
"This condo was everything it was described to be and more. It was even better then the pictures showed. Very clean and comfortable accommodations. Michael was fast to reply to our questions and gave clear entry instructions. Our kids loved having the option of pools or beach daily. Morning coffee on the balacony watching the dolphins and pelicans was a great way to start the day. We will be back and would highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable place at Folly Beach. For a handicapped person, this property was very easy to get around on a mobility scooter. Both pools were easily accessed by scooter also. The condo entry way was perfect for storing the scooter when not in use. We were even able to get the scooter right up to the edge of the beach, making it possible to get on the beach in a few steps. The kitchen had everything we needed to make meals for our large group and we found Papa Johns pizza delivered to the door. We also enjoyed the shops and a great meal at Snapper Jacks. The wave boards and sand toys were utilized daily as were the board games inside the condo. The storage closet was helpful for storing our sand chairs, etc. Even on our one rainy day, the kids had plenty to keep them occupied."Guest: Kate H. Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 29, 2014View listing
Folly Beach Travel Tips
Just an easy 15 miles from downtown Charleston is the lovely, laid-back little town of Folly Beach, nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and Folly River.
Affectionately known as the "edge of America" by locals, there's plenty of sandy shores to enjoy here as you soak up the warmth of the sun and relax as the sound of the ocean washes over you. Fishing is also a great pastime here, and a perfect opportunity to catch a fresh meal. But if you'd prefer somebody else to do the dinner prep, head to one of Folly Beach's amazing restaurants where you're sure to savor every bite. You may even get treated to some live music so you can kick off your shoes and cut a rug on the dance floor!
The natural sights here are second to none, from postcard-worthy sunrises and sunsets to gorgeous water views, and since you're so close to the water, you just might catch a glimpse of the wildlife including dolphins, bald eagles, loggerhead turtles, sea birds and more.
There's also a rich history to be explored throughout the area. As you venture through Folly Beach, you'll be thrilled by the local charm found around every corner.
Things to Do in Folly Beach
- Folly Fishing Pier: Whether you do it for fun or for the thrill of catching your dinner to cook up at night, saltwater fishing in Folly Beach is a favorite hobby. If it's one of yours, definitely plan to head to Folly Fishing Pier where you can choose your favorite lure, cast a line and wait for a bite. It's sure to be a relaxing experience made even better as you take in the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and all that surrounds you. As you wait for a fish to grab your line, you can do some bird watching, and when you need to stretch your legs, take a stroll along the pier. The pier stands 25 feet wide and 23 feet above sea level, so there's plenty of space for everyone - in fact, it's the second longest pier on the East Coast! If you don't own a fishing rod, have no fear - you can rent one. The pier also provides beach access and showers to get all that sand off afterward.
- Folly Beach Fine Arts Center: If you appreciate seeing live entertainment, head to the Folly Beach Fine Arts Center for a show. The center is home to The Actor's Theatre, so after a fun-filled day exploring the town, treat yourself to a night out. Hit a local restaurant for a delicious meal then take in a show!
- Folly Beach Massage: When you're on vacation, relaxation is usually at the top of the list of things to do. For the ultimate in tension release to let all that stress just melt away, book an appointment at Folly Beach Massage. They offer a variety of services, including Swedish, deep tissue and sports massages, to work out your kinks and knots and soothe sore muscles. You're sure to leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Learn to surf: Do you love surfing or have always wanted to try the sport? Folly Beach is one of the best spots for surfing on the East Coast. So if it's always been on your bucket list, now's the perfect time to take some surfing lessons! Greg Elliott Surf is a terrific option for lessons. Here you can learn how to paddle out, stand up and hang ten as you ride the waves. If you prefer to watch the action, Folly Beach is also home to a variety of surfing contests each year.
Dining in Folly Beach
- BLU Bar and Restaurant: If you're looking for a favorite dining spot among locals and visitors alike, head to BLU. You'll be treated to oceanside dining, so you can watch the waves lap against the shore as you enjoy your meal of shrimp and grits, grouper, bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin or seafood gumbo. Be sure to save room for creme brulee, bread pudding or strawberry short cake! The food here is also based on sustainability with freshly caught fish, local ingredients and flavors from the region. BLU is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but it will be incredibly romantic to go in the evening and eat while watching the sunset!
- Lost Dog Cafe: For a laid-back dining experience, head to Lost Dog Cafe, where you can indulge in breakfast all day long! Favorites here include huevos rancheros, biscuits and gravy, and the breakfast burrito. It's a great place to spend some time relaxing with good company as you dine and talk about your favorite parts of your trip to Folly Beach or plan the day's activities.