- Waters Edge
- Back Bay
- Beachwalker Villas
- Blue Heron Inn
- Charleston Oceanfront Villas
- East Folly Beach Shores
- Folly Beach Suites
- Little Oak Villas
- Mariners Cay
- Marsh Winds
- Ocean Pointe
- Palmettos at Folly
- Pavillion Watch
- Pier Pointe
- Private Homes
- Seacoast Villas
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in Folly Beach currently advertising. Please see the USA, South Carolina, Charleston Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Folly Beach property reviews
"This condo was so warm and inviting. Upon arrival we were so happy with how clean everything was. All of the bedroom's were beautiful, and every bed was comfortable. The kitchen is well equipped and has high end appliances. The garage allowed us to enter, with my van having a carrier on top. I was afraid I would have to park outside. The elevator is a blessing. The condo is within walking distance of all the restaurants and shops. We had our family vacation here, and every day my eight year old grandson told me how much he loved the condo. With being a senior it was so important to me to be able to take my little four legged baby with me. Access to the beach was right out the garage back door and the beach is right there. It doesn't get any easier than that! I would highly recommend this condo to anyone, and hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did."Guest: M.Hodges Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: July 7, 2014View listing
"My daughter and I were able to escape reality for a week in this delightful Folly Beach spot. This condo was spotless which is always nice on arrival. I love the decor which fit right in with the beach. The blues, the seashells, the hardwood floor; everything had a light, vacation feel to it. At the same time the furniture was so comfortable. I loved having my coffee on the balconey and watching the pelicans swoop by, the people going to the beach and just looking out to the sea and sky. Berts Market across the road is wonderful and friendly and all restaurants within walking distance. Owners easy to deal with. Love this place and hope to return!!"Guest: Laura Date of Stay: May 2014 Review Submitted: June 16, 2014View listing
"This is a great house. Very clean! My husband and I spent a quiet relaxing week there in May. John and Amy were very friendly and helpful. I loved having the bikes available to ride all over the island. It is a short drive to downtown Charleston. I HIGHLY recommend the restaurant Husk for all! One of the best meals of my life! Folly beach is beautiful and only a short walk from this house. We hope to return someday. Thank you so much John and Amy!"Guest: JCTV13 Date of Stay: May 2014 Review Submitted: June 7, 2014View listing
"We just returned from a great week at Folly Beach with our immediate family. The house is a short walk to the beach. It's far enough from the pier so it's not too crowded. They are doing grading on the beach and it turned up a lot of rocks. The walk to town is only 3 blocks. The house is nice and floor plan is good. All bedrooms have large bathrooms. It sleeps 4 couples plus 2-6 children in single beds. View from 3rd floor is awesome but no elevator so would not recommend for elderly. The kitchen is great with a huge island and well stocked. Loved the screened porch with outdoor shower. TV in living room was good but a little difficult to use. Our sons had no problems with it. The house is nice but the decor is basic. Our only complaint was with mattresses and linens. We all thought the mattresses were below average in comfort. The linens provided by the service were also below average. Bring paper products, soap, etc. The property manager was very accommodating."Guest: Gi Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: June 27, 2014View listing
Folly Beach Travel Tips
Just an easy 15 miles from downtown Charleston is the lovely, laid-back little town of Folly Beach, nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and Folly River.
Affectionately known as the "edge of America" by locals, there's plenty of sandy shores to enjoy here as you soak up the warmth of the sun and relax as the sound of the ocean washes over you. Fishing is also a great pastime here, and a perfect opportunity to catch a fresh meal. But if you'd prefer somebody else to do the dinner prep, head to one of Folly Beach's amazing restaurants where you're sure to savor every bite. You may even get treated to some live music so you can kick off your shoes and cut a rug on the dance floor!
The natural sights here are second to none, from postcard-worthy sunrises and sunsets to gorgeous water views, and since you're so close to the water, you just might catch a glimpse of the wildlife including dolphins, bald eagles, loggerhead turtles, sea birds and more.
There's also a rich history to be explored throughout the area. As you venture through Folly Beach, you'll be thrilled by the local charm found around every corner.
Things to Do in Folly Beach
- Folly Fishing Pier: Whether you do it for fun or for the thrill of catching your dinner to cook up at night, saltwater fishing in Folly Beach is a favorite hobby. If it's one of yours, definitely plan to head to Folly Fishing Pier where you can choose your favorite lure, cast a line and wait for a bite. It's sure to be a relaxing experience made even better as you take in the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and all that surrounds you. As you wait for a fish to grab your line, you can do some bird watching, and when you need to stretch your legs, take a stroll along the pier. The pier stands 25 feet wide and 23 feet above sea level, so there's plenty of space for everyone - in fact, it's the second longest pier on the East Coast! If you don't own a fishing rod, have no fear - you can rent one. The pier also provides beach access and showers to get all that sand off afterward.
- Folly Beach Fine Arts Center: If you appreciate seeing live entertainment, head to the Folly Beach Fine Arts Center for a show. The center is home to The Actor's Theatre, so after a fun-filled day exploring the town, treat yourself to a night out. Hit a local restaurant for a delicious meal then take in a show!
- Folly Beach Massage: When you're on vacation, relaxation is usually at the top of the list of things to do. For the ultimate in tension release to let all that stress just melt away, book an appointment at Folly Beach Massage. They offer a variety of services, including Swedish, deep tissue and sports massages, to work out your kinks and knots and soothe sore muscles. You're sure to leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Learn to surf: Do you love surfing or have always wanted to try the sport? Folly Beach is one of the best spots for surfing on the East Coast. So if it's always been on your bucket list, now's the perfect time to take some surfing lessons! Greg Elliott Surf is a terrific option for lessons. Here you can learn how to paddle out, stand up and hang ten as you ride the waves. If you prefer to watch the action, Folly Beach is also home to a variety of surfing contests each year.
Dining in Folly Beach
- BLU Bar and Restaurant: If you're looking for a favorite dining spot among locals and visitors alike, head to BLU. You'll be treated to oceanside dining, so you can watch the waves lap against the shore as you enjoy your meal of shrimp and grits, grouper, bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin or seafood gumbo. Be sure to save room for creme brulee, bread pudding or strawberry short cake! The food here is also based on sustainability with freshly caught fish, local ingredients and flavors from the region. BLU is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but it will be incredibly romantic to go in the evening and eat while watching the sunset!
- Lost Dog Cafe: For a laid-back dining experience, head to Lost Dog Cafe, where you can indulge in breakfast all day long! Favorites here include huevos rancheros, biscuits and gravy, and the breakfast burrito. It's a great place to spend some time relaxing with good company as you dine and talk about your favorite parts of your trip to Folly Beach or plan the day's activities.