- Waters Edge
- Back Bay
- Beachwalker Villas
- Blue Heron Inn
- Charleston Oceanfront Villas
- Dolphins At Folly
- East Folly Beach Shores
- Folly Beach Suites
- Little Oak Villas
- Mariners Cay
- Marsh Winds
- Ocean Pointe
- Palmettos at Folly
- Pavillion Watch
- Pier Pointe
- Private Homes
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in Folly Beach currently advertising. Please see the USA, South Carolina, Charleston Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Folly Beach reviews
"We have rented in many places on the east coast beaches. This was by far the best and most well represented place we have ever been. We had a WONDERFUL family vacation there. Everything we wanted was there. Although we chose the location for proximity to Charleston so we could have access to great food, shopping and history, we did not want to leave. The house was SUPER clean and Patty was amazing to work with. It was perfect for us and we will definitely be back. Thanks for the memories."Guest: Trish S. Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: September 15, 2014View listing
"Excellent condo! everything was as advertised and all features worked perfectly. Comfortable and lots of room. The balcony alone is worth the price just for the view. First trip to Folly Beach and was shocked at the great food within walking distance. Dined a different place each night, and all food and service was great. Stayed 7 days and was in the car only twice. Seriously a great place to visit. Thanks."Guest: Tennessee Gang Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: June 19, 2014View listing
"My husband, adult daughter and I stayed here for 5 days and absolutely loved it. Elaine was a wonderful hostess. We arrived at 2:00 in the morning and she was there to meet us and show us where everything was. We really appreciated her doing that. Nothing was too much trouble and the attention to detail in the little apartment is fantastic. I would say it would be perfect for a couple as it is compact but totally bijou! But even with 3 of us it was fine. The location on the creek is lovely. It is so peaceful and watching the sunrise was a joy. It is only 20 minutes from historic Charleston, so we had the best of both worlds. It was lovely to come back to our tranquil location each evening. Elaine gave us great recommendations for eating out nearby. Our favourite for breakfast was the Lost Dog. I cannot recommend this apartment more highly. Elaine will make you most welcome. We will definitely be back."Guest: Ann F. Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: October 12, 2014View listing
"We've been to Folly Beach before, but this was our first week-long stay in Folly Beach and we couldn't have picked a better place. The location was excellent!! We could walk everywhere, which was wonderful. And having the beach right across the street was awesome!!! The view of the beach from the balcony was a great!! The only downside was the mosquitoes. They were horrible!!! According to some of the locals, they were really bad the time we were down there. The people in the penthouse above were heavy walkers, but it didn't bother us too much. We had some problems with the WiFi when we checked in, but the owner was VERY responsive and took care of the problem right away!! We look forward to renting again very soon!!!"Guest: Kathleen F. Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: August 21, 2014View listing
Folly Beach Travel Tips
Just an easy 15 miles from downtown Charleston is the lovely, laid-back little town of Folly Beach, nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and Folly River.
Affectionately known as the "edge of America" by locals, there's plenty of sandy shores to enjoy here as you soak up the warmth of the sun and relax as the sound of the ocean washes over you. Fishing is also a great pastime here, and a perfect opportunity to catch a fresh meal. But if you'd prefer somebody else to do the dinner prep, head to one of Folly Beach's amazing restaurants where you're sure to savor every bite. You may even get treated to some live music so you can kick off your shoes and cut a rug on the dance floor!
The natural sights here are second to none, from postcard-worthy sunrises and sunsets to gorgeous water views, and since you're so close to the water, you just might catch a glimpse of the wildlife including dolphins, bald eagles, loggerhead turtles, sea birds and more.
There's also a rich history to be explored throughout the area. As you venture through Folly Beach, you'll be thrilled by the local charm found around every corner.
Things to Do in Folly Beach
- Folly Fishing Pier: Whether you do it for fun or for the thrill of catching your dinner to cook up at night, saltwater fishing in Folly Beach is a favorite hobby. If it's one of yours, definitely plan to head to Folly Fishing Pier where you can choose your favorite lure, cast a line and wait for a bite. It's sure to be a relaxing experience made even better as you take in the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and all that surrounds you. As you wait for a fish to grab your line, you can do some bird watching, and when you need to stretch your legs, take a stroll along the pier. The pier stands 25 feet wide and 23 feet above sea level, so there's plenty of space for everyone - in fact, it's the second longest pier on the East Coast! If you don't own a fishing rod, have no fear - you can rent one. The pier also provides beach access and showers to get all that sand off afterward.
- Folly Beach Fine Arts Center: If you appreciate seeing live entertainment, head to the Folly Beach Fine Arts Center for a show. The center is home to The Actor's Theatre, so after a fun-filled day exploring the town, treat yourself to a night out. Hit a local restaurant for a delicious meal then take in a show!
- Folly Beach Massage: When you're on vacation, relaxation is usually at the top of the list of things to do. For the ultimate in tension release to let all that stress just melt away, book an appointment at Folly Beach Massage. They offer a variety of services, including Swedish, deep tissue and sports massages, to work out your kinks and knots and soothe sore muscles. You're sure to leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Learn to surf: Do you love surfing or have always wanted to try the sport? Folly Beach is one of the best spots for surfing on the East Coast. So if it's always been on your bucket list, now's the perfect time to take some surfing lessons! Greg Elliott Surf is a terrific option for lessons. Here you can learn how to paddle out, stand up and hang ten as you ride the waves. If you prefer to watch the action, Folly Beach is also home to a variety of surfing contests each year.
Dining in Folly Beach
- BLU Bar and Restaurant: If you're looking for a favorite dining spot among locals and visitors alike, head to BLU. You'll be treated to oceanside dining, so you can watch the waves lap against the shore as you enjoy your meal of shrimp and grits, grouper, bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin or seafood gumbo. Be sure to save room for creme brulee, bread pudding or strawberry short cake! The food here is also based on sustainability with freshly caught fish, local ingredients and flavors from the region. BLU is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but it will be incredibly romantic to go in the evening and eat while watching the sunset!
- Lost Dog Cafe: For a laid-back dining experience, head to Lost Dog Cafe, where you can indulge in breakfast all day long! Favorites here include huevos rancheros, biscuits and gravy, and the breakfast burrito. It's a great place to spend some time relaxing with good company as you dine and talk about your favorite parts of your trip to Folly Beach or plan the day's activities.