- Waters Edge
- Back Bay
- Beachwalker Villas
- Blue Heron Inn
- Charleston Oceanfront Villas
- Dolphins At Folly
- East Folly Beach Shores
- Folly Beach Suites
- Little Oak Villas
- Mariners Cay
- Marsh Winds
- Ocean Pointe
- Palmettos at Folly
- Pavillion Watch
- Pier Pointe
- Private Homes
There are no vacation rental listings in Folly Beach currently advertising. Please see the USA, South Carolina, Charleston Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Folly Beach reviews
"Our extended family returned to this lovely spot again this summer---all 14 of us! Grandparents, sons/daughters/ and seven grandchildren. Our grandchildren were talking about this holiday all year we heard. The house was even nicer this year with refinished flooring, new furniture, and lovely updated touches. Our family loves coming here. The beach is just a short walk and the children love the waves!! They are occupied all day long. The house is divided such as the children have the upper floor and the adults make more use of the lower one. Thank you again for a lovely stay."Guest: Carol A. Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: July 25, 2014View listing
"This property was beautiful and such a great location! Right across the street from the beach with view of the ocean, market within very close walking distance, everything you could possibly need and has a great deck! We loved the space and are so thankful to Pam for letting us have a great weekend away!"Guest: Caitlin R. Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: August 20, 2014View listing
"This was our first trip as a whole family to the beach. I grew up visiting my home state shores, but my son had never been. We fell in love with the house and couldn't have asked for a better house to stay in. Everything was provided down to chocolates on the pillows. Honestly, we could've just packed clothes and a camera and been good (except for grocery shopping of course)! The house was so quaint and beautifully decorated. The yard was wonderful and the deck was a fabulous place to hang out. It was less than a five minute walk to the beach and the location was perfectly away from the large crowd so there was plenty of room. I think we were three or so blocks from the Main Street too. The owners were very quick to respond when we had a question during our stay. I can't say enough good things! Next year we hope to book a longer trip! Definitely a testament to South Carolina hospitality and to Folly Beach's charm!!"Guest: Gavi Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 19, 2014View listing
"Lovely getaway. Loved the close beach access. Would certainly recommend this place to anyone visiting Folly Beach, quite the little gem amongst all of the Palmettos."Guest: sabrina z. Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: August 25, 2014View listing
Folly Beach Travel Tips
Just an easy 15 miles from downtown Charleston is the lovely, laid-back little town of Folly Beach, nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and Folly River.
Affectionately known as the "edge of America" by locals, there's plenty of sandy shores to enjoy here as you soak up the warmth of the sun and relax as the sound of the ocean washes over you. Fishing is also a great pastime here, and a perfect opportunity to catch a fresh meal. But if you'd prefer somebody else to do the dinner prep, head to one of Folly Beach's amazing restaurants where you're sure to savor every bite. You may even get treated to some live music so you can kick off your shoes and cut a rug on the dance floor!
The natural sights here are second to none, from postcard-worthy sunrises and sunsets to gorgeous water views, and since you're so close to the water, you just might catch a glimpse of the wildlife including dolphins, bald eagles, loggerhead turtles, sea birds and more.
There's also a rich history to be explored throughout the area. As you venture through Folly Beach, you'll be thrilled by the local charm found around every corner.
Things to Do in Folly Beach
- Folly Fishing Pier: Whether you do it for fun or for the thrill of catching your dinner to cook up at night, saltwater fishing in Folly Beach is a favorite hobby. If it's one of yours, definitely plan to head to Folly Fishing Pier where you can choose your favorite lure, cast a line and wait for a bite. It's sure to be a relaxing experience made even better as you take in the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and all that surrounds you. As you wait for a fish to grab your line, you can do some bird watching, and when you need to stretch your legs, take a stroll along the pier. The pier stands 25 feet wide and 23 feet above sea level, so there's plenty of space for everyone - in fact, it's the second longest pier on the East Coast! If you don't own a fishing rod, have no fear - you can rent one. The pier also provides beach access and showers to get all that sand off afterward.
- Folly Beach Fine Arts Center: If you appreciate seeing live entertainment, head to the Folly Beach Fine Arts Center for a show. The center is home to The Actor's Theatre, so after a fun-filled day exploring the town, treat yourself to a night out. Hit a local restaurant for a delicious meal then take in a show!
- Folly Beach Massage: When you're on vacation, relaxation is usually at the top of the list of things to do. For the ultimate in tension release to let all that stress just melt away, book an appointment at Folly Beach Massage. They offer a variety of services, including Swedish, deep tissue and sports massages, to work out your kinks and knots and soothe sore muscles. You're sure to leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Learn to surf: Do you love surfing or have always wanted to try the sport? Folly Beach is one of the best spots for surfing on the East Coast. So if it's always been on your bucket list, now's the perfect time to take some surfing lessons! Greg Elliott Surf is a terrific option for lessons. Here you can learn how to paddle out, stand up and hang ten as you ride the waves. If you prefer to watch the action, Folly Beach is also home to a variety of surfing contests each year.
Dining in Folly Beach
- BLU Bar and Restaurant: If you're looking for a favorite dining spot among locals and visitors alike, head to BLU. You'll be treated to oceanside dining, so you can watch the waves lap against the shore as you enjoy your meal of shrimp and grits, grouper, bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin or seafood gumbo. Be sure to save room for creme brulee, bread pudding or strawberry short cake! The food here is also based on sustainability with freshly caught fish, local ingredients and flavors from the region. BLU is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but it will be incredibly romantic to go in the evening and eat while watching the sunset!
- Lost Dog Cafe: For a laid-back dining experience, head to Lost Dog Cafe, where you can indulge in breakfast all day long! Favorites here include huevos rancheros, biscuits and gravy, and the breakfast burrito. It's a great place to spend some time relaxing with good company as you dine and talk about your favorite parts of your trip to Folly Beach or plan the day's activities.