This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in Kiawah Island currently advertising. Please see the USA, South Carolina, Charleston Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Kiawah Island reviews
"My family and I had a blast at this house over the holidays! It is convenient to the beach, golf, food and it is still secluded behind the second gate. The pool was awesome! The kids (9, 8 & 5) loved riding bikes and swimming in the heated pool! Well worth a little extra $ for the heat! The layout of the house is perfect for a vacation and family time. The wide open first floor living area to kitchen to back deck is very social and entertaining! All the bedrooms have their own full baths. The screened in porch was great and will be better for our summer trip back to this house! There is some wear on the house but the owner said that they are planning some major remodeling this spring. Can't wait to see how it turns out. It was a great value for our money! We got everything and more staying at this lovely home. Thanks! We will be back!"Guest: David Date of Stay: December 2013 Review Submitted: January 21, 2014View listing
"Kiawah is one of the most beautiful islands on the eastern coast and has been a favorite destination for our family vacations. Our family of eight thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this beautiful home. Bedrooms in two separate ends of the house and a large living space made for plenty of room to enjoy both togetherness and individual space. The kitchen was sufficiently equipped for cooking for that large group; we also appreciated the grill. The small screened in porch (space for 4-5) made for pleasant breakfasts and evening gatherings. This was our first stay on the marsh side of the island, but bikes made the trip to the beach easy. Navigating the busy intersection with Island Parkway was the only challenge; after that a quick 5 minute bike ride had us with our toes in the ocean. The owner was completely helpful and responsive. Would definitely stay again!"Guest: I love Kiawah!! Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: August 18, 2014View listing
"This was the best beach vacation we have had. Everything was perfect. The island is amazing, so much to do and see! It rained a little the first day and a half which made it perfect to go and explore Charleston. The condo was fabulous! VERY clean and well organized. We were very comfortable with everything. The bikes were perfect, it was so nice to have the 4 bikes that came with the rental. We rode them all over! The renters were wonderful to work with, they gave us wonderful information about the island, places to go and things to see. We will definitely be back! We loved everything about the condo and the island. Thank you"Guest: Susan H. Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: September 4, 2014View listing
"We couldn't have asked for a more inviting place. As soon as we walked in the Penthouse it felt like home. There were fresh flowers, music, beautiful view of the ocean and the cleanliness was excellent. We rented this location last year and this year did not disappoint! We have stayed on a few properties on Kiawah, but we will keep coming back to this villa. This is the place to stay. The pictures of the property were exactly as shown. The master bedroom view is breathtaking and peaceful. We rented bikes for the first time on our vacation and we can't believe we didn't do it sooner. We had a wonderful time taking bike rides every morning and then went to the beach. We love this place! :)"Guest: Kerri Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: August 7, 2014View listing
Kiawah Island Travel Tips
About 21 miles from exciting Charleston is the lovely oasis of Kiawah Island, known for its natural beauty and welcoming hospitality. It's a wonderful spot for a romantic getaway for two or a fun-filled adventure for the whole family.
Golf lovers will find five championship courses on the island, so there's plenty of opportunities to practice your swing and challenge others to a friendly game.
Kiawah Island is also known for its pristine 10 miles of beaches that will make you want to spend as much time as possible soaking up the sun and relaxing in the surf. Whether you're ready for some high-energy fun while frolicking in the waves or looking for some peace and quiet as you catch up on your reading, there's plenty of beach for everyone to enjoy. The Travel Channel has honored the island as one of the "Top 10 Beaches for Families," while national Geographic Traveler called the island the "Second Most Romantic Beach in America." The rest of the natural scenery is a treat as well, including the maritime forests and marshes where you might catch a glimpse of a turtle, seabird or whitetail deer.
There's also plenty to experience indoors with a variety of dining options to suit all tastes and lovely shops lining the streets where you can enjoy some retail therapy picking out the perfect souvenirs.
Things to Do
- Heron Park Nature Center: Nature is abundant on Kiawah Island and a great place to experience it is at the Heron Park Nature Center. Take yourself on a tour down the miles of trails or set out on a kayak journey through the waters. You're bound to see not only lovely foliage but many animals that call this place home. You can also make reservations for a guided tour like a bird walk, an alligator walk, a butterfly walk and more. Unplug and leave the phone and computers for while to reconnect with nature!
- The Sanctuary Spa: A vacation is the ideal time to really let yourself relax and unwind. What better place to do so than a spa? Give yourself to the ultimate treat to rejuvenate your body and mind. Ease tired, aching muscles with a hot stone, classic or deep tissue massage, or pamper your skin with a facial or body treatment. You can even make an afternoon or day of it with spa medleys that include various different treatments to calm you from head to toe.
- Kiawah Beachwalker Park: The beaches are a must-see on Kiawah Island and Kiawah Beachwalker Park is a great option. You'll find it on the west end of the island, giving you with amazing ocean fronts as well as river views. The park is open year-round and provides picnic areas with grills where you can cook up a delicious meal, and depending on the season, the beach features lifeguards for your safety as well as a snack bar and outdoor showers so you don't have to wander around town full of sand. When the weather is warm, take advantage and jump into the water for a refreshing swim,enjoy a game of frisbee or get creative and building the most interesting sandcastle you can think of.
- Kiawah Island Ocean Course: Ranked the No. 4 public golf course in the U.S. and 25th of the 100 greatest U.S. golf courses by Golf Digest, Kiawah Island Ocean Golf Course is perfect for any golf enthusiast. The course hosted the 2012 PGA Championship, was designed by Pete Dye and spans 2.5 miles of ocean front. The Ocean Course is located in the eastern-most end of the island and all 18 holes offer panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. It's easy to enjoy the beautiful sights as you play.
Dining on Kiawah Island
- Southern Kitchen: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you'll find a delicious and hearty one at Southern Kitchen. This eatery serves up classic country dishes like biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, omelets and a variety of pancakes. There are also lighter options like steel cut oatmeal and smoothies. Top it off with bottomless mimosas or bloody marys to really start the day off right.
- Jasmine Porch Restaurant: This dining establishment was named best down home cookery by Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report, and it's outfitted with Charleston brick and oak-plank floors. Seafood is a highlight here as well as the organic local produce, all of which can be enjoyed under the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. Chef Ryley McGillis works with local farmers to specially tailor the menus according to the seasons. Try the excellent shrimp and grits or crab bisque. Jasmine Porch also offers a signature brunch that can be enjoyed with mimosas.