This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in Kiawah Island currently advertising. Please see the USA, South Carolina, Charleston Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Kiawah Island property reviews
"This, our second stay with Kiawah Island Getaways, we were joined by our daughter and son-in-law. The Treetops Villa welcomed us in a perfect state of readiness. We were greeted by music, a streaming photo montage of the island and a personalized note, a wonderful first impression. The Treetops space was impeccable, comfortable and roomy with a thoughtful floor plan for privacy. The unit was stylish, contemporary and cozy in decor. This, a corner unit with three separate balconies allowed for an outdoors-in feeling and a nice cross breeze. Whether you choose to prepare a meal or not, the galley kitchen stood ready and stocked. The baths were bright, pretty and updated, in perfect working order with plenty of very nice towels. You will find all your beach needs, from towels to a cooler, basket and more tucked away in a closet, along with a fun collection of books, games and dvds. We liked the modern touches of technology, wifi, sound bar, entertainment systems in all rooms and state of the art (easy to use) Nest thermostat We noticed and appreciated the smartly placed lighting throughout the villa. The Lawson's three ring information binder with menu, directions and such was a helpful and nice touch. We will definitely return to beautiful Kiawah and rent this or another unit from Kiawah Island Getaways again! Rent with complete confidence from Kiawah Island Getaways."Guest: dlr Date of Stay: March 2014 Review Submitted: April 12, 2014View listing
"We rented this oceanfront house for a ten person family vacation and had a wonderful time. The house is spacious, well laid out, and has a fabulous deck overlooking it's own private beach. We saw dolphins almost every day we were there in June. The water is warm and the waves gentle most mornings and vigorous most evenings. Kiawah island is beautiful and a reasonable drive to Charleston for city touring. If you're dreaming of a beach vacation, this is the place to stay!"Guest: Ann H. Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: June 30, 2014View listing
"My husband and I were looking for a new experience for our annual spring break vacation. We have spent the last 13+ years going to Florida and were looking for something new. We came across Bruce and Pauline's listing and decided to contact them. Their immediate response and the ease in renting this property was absolutely fantastic. They were extremely accomodating, efficient and friendly. Best experience ever in booking a trip. Now, on to the house. It was all the listing says it is, plus more. My husband and I took our 3 teenage children and my 72 year old father, as he/we lost our Mom on March 7th, 2014 and wanted to get him to go away with us. The house is furnished beautifully and very comfortable. We dined out and cooked in. Being there at the end of March, it was not really tourist season so it wasn't very busy. That was a bonus when going out to dinner and not having to wait. The temperatures at that time of year were slightly cool ( mid 60's to low 70's) but that did not stop us from hitting the beach and pool. We rented bikes which was great for the kids. Night Heron Park is a great family park, we understand the golf is outstanding ( didn't get a chance to go because of rain) and the dining facilities on-site were fantastic. Jim and I highly recommend this property AND the owners. You really couldn't ask for a better experience all the way around. We plan to go back!"Guest: Sue and Jim Date of Stay: March 2014 Review Submitted: April 23, 2014View listing
"This house met all of our needs while vacationing on Kiawah Island. It is very close to the beach access on a quiet residential street, the listing description was accurate. The house was much better than the photos. The property was clean and well-maintained. The furniture in the great room was very comfortable with 2 recliners and sofa and love seat. The sun room was also a nice place to relax. The beds and linens were very comfortable as well. The hot tub was great! After a good soak, we slept like babies. Just what we needed for a much needed relaxing vacation. We would rent this house again. The owner was very helpful in answering our questions"Guest: Tom, Gale and Kyle Date of Stay: December 2010 Review Submitted: December 29, 2010View listing
Kiawah Island Travel Tips
About 21 miles from exciting Charleston is the lovely oasis of Kiawah Island, known for its natural beauty and welcoming hospitality. It's a wonderful spot for a romantic getaway for two or a fun-filled adventure for the whole family.
Golf lovers will find five championship courses on the island, so there's plenty of opportunities to practice your swing and challenge others to a friendly game.
Kiawah Island is also known for its pristine 10 miles of beaches that will make you want to spend as much time as possible soaking up the sun and relaxing in the surf. Whether you're ready for some high-energy fun while frolicking in the waves or looking for some peace and quiet as you catch up on your reading, there's plenty of beach for everyone to enjoy. The Travel Channel has honored the island as one of the "Top 10 Beaches for Families," while national Geographic Traveler called the island the "Second Most Romantic Beach in America." The rest of the natural scenery is a treat as well, including the maritime forests and marshes where you might catch a glimpse of a turtle, seabird or whitetail deer.
There's also plenty to experience indoors with a variety of dining options to suit all tastes and lovely shops lining the streets where you can enjoy some retail therapy picking out the perfect souvenirs.
Things to Do
- Heron Park Nature Center: Nature is abundant on Kiawah Island and a great place to experience it is at the Heron Park Nature Center. Take yourself on a tour down the miles of trails or set out on a kayak journey through the waters. You're bound to see not only lovely foliage but many animals that call this place home. You can also make reservations for a guided tour like a bird walk, an alligator walk, a butterfly walk and more. Unplug and leave the phone and computers for while to reconnect with nature!
- The Sanctuary Spa: A vacation is the ideal time to really let yourself relax and unwind. What better place to do so than a spa? Give yourself to the ultimate treat to rejuvenate your body and mind. Ease tired, aching muscles with a hot stone, classic or deep tissue massage, or pamper your skin with a facial or body treatment. You can even make an afternoon or day of it with spa medleys that include various different treatments to calm you from head to toe.
- Kiawah Beachwalker Park: The beaches are a must-see on Kiawah Island and Kiawah Beachwalker Park is a great option. You'll find it on the west end of the island, giving you with amazing ocean fronts as well as river views. The park is open year-round and provides picnic areas with grills where you can cook up a delicious meal, and depending on the season, the beach features lifeguards for your safety as well as a snack bar and outdoor showers so you don't have to wander around town full of sand. When the weather is warm, take advantage and jump into the water for a refreshing swim,enjoy a game of frisbee or get creative and building the most interesting sandcastle you can think of.
- Kiawah Island Ocean Course: Ranked the No. 4 public golf course in the U.S. and 25th of the 100 greatest U.S. golf courses by Golf Digest, Kiawah Island Ocean Golf Course is perfect for any golf enthusiast. The course hosted the 2012 PGA Championship, was designed by Pete Dye and spans 2.5 miles of ocean front. The Ocean Course is located in the eastern-most end of the island and all 18 holes offer panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. It's easy to enjoy the beautiful sights as you play.
Dining on Kiawah Island
- Southern Kitchen: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you'll find a delicious and hearty one at Southern Kitchen. This eatery serves up classic country dishes like biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, omelets and a variety of pancakes. There are also lighter options like steel cut oatmeal and smoothies. Top it off with bottomless mimosas or bloody marys to really start the day off right.
- Jasmine Porch Restaurant: This dining establishment was named best down home cookery by Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report, and it's outfitted with Charleston brick and oak-plank floors. Seafood is a highlight here as well as the organic local produce, all of which can be enjoyed under the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. Chef Ryley McGillis works with local farmers to specially tailor the menus according to the seasons. Try the excellent shrimp and grits or crab bisque. Jasmine Porch also offers a signature brunch that can be enjoyed with mimosas.