This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in Kiawah Island currently advertising. Please see the USA, South Carolina, Charleston Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Kiawah Island reviews
"Everything about our stay at the "French Treehouse" villa was perfect for us. The entire experience of booking the villa through our visit and on to our fond farewell was carefree and easy. The villa is decorated beautifully, especially for those who are drawn to french country decor. The kitchen is very nicely equipped, well beyond the basics and we easily fell in love with the location, since we came to bike the 20+ miles of paved trails on the island and found the 8 mile (round trip) ride to the nearby village market perfect for picking up ingredients for that evening's dinner. The bathroom had ample supply of luxury towels and toiletries, another pleasant surprise. The great selection of recent release DVDs, easy access to WiFi and the in-unit full size washer & dryer were also big pluses. The owner is the ultimate host of gracious southern hospitality. She was always very responsive and thoughtful with all of our questions. Being the "foodies" that we are, we especially appreciated the delicious "welcome" goodie basket and dining guide for the area. As mentioned in the listing, as well as by other renters, the 3rd level location is only accessible by stairs, so that is the only factor that would deter me from recommending this villa to everyone. No other vacation rentals we've considered come close to the high standard of quality that the owners have set for their French Treehouse. We'll be back for sure!!!"Guest: Barbara B. Date of Stay: March 2014 Review Submitted: April 16, 2014View listing
"We stayed 2 weeks in the cottage which has recently been updated. Really appreciated the 4 bicycles. during the 2nd week used the bunk beds and they really looked nice but were a real pain to make up each morning. Good thing we found the step stool because no way to get to that top bunk without it. probably should have just left the beds unmade but we don't live that way. Really thought the kitchen was nicely done however I think we waisted a lot of dish washing soap because with only one sink bowl you had to drain the water out to use the disposal. not really a big issue after I decided to just use a large pan for clearing plates and glasses. The cottage has a dishwashed but with all our dishware we would have been running it 3 times a day to keep up. Other than that the property accomodated us in a reasonable way. I do feel it is very well suited for two families with two or less children each and as our grandchildren grow it may be a little tight for us."Guest: Larry C. Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: August 7, 2014View listing
"After looking at hundreds of available places on wonderful Kiawah island,South Carolina ,my husband and I decided on Fairway View for our family holiday .It do not disappoint! The layout was perfect : privacy for 3 couples and a room next to her parents for our grandchild;wonderful ,large,bright living area with seating for 10 and lots of room for toys without them being trampled by adults;large very well equipped kitchen;nooks and corners for reading and relaxation as well as large deck areas ;an expansive lawn area for a child's pool and lawn chairs overlooking the golf course. The listing description is perfectly accurate as are the pictures. The home was very clean and very well maintained. The owner ,Jeff was always very prompt in answering our questions and giving helpful information. The best recommendation one can give to a rental place is to say we would unequivocally return.Our entire family agrees !"Guest: Avid traveller Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: September 23, 2014View listing
"My husband and I and our dog stayed for a week and had a great time. The cottage is well located near the beach and Night Heron Park. It is beautifully decorated with antiques and very clean. The high ceilings really make it feel open and comfortable. Yvette was always easy to reach for any questions and very helpful. The one thing I did miss having was an iPod Dock for music, maybe it was there but didn't find it. We've rented at Kiawah over the past 25 years and this is one cottage that I'd definitely choose to rent again!"Guest: PD Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: October 8, 2014View listing
Kiawah Island Travel Tips
About 21 miles from exciting Charleston is the lovely oasis of Kiawah Island, known for its natural beauty and welcoming hospitality. It's a wonderful spot for a romantic getaway for two or a fun-filled adventure for the whole family.
Golf lovers will find five championship courses on the island, so there's plenty of opportunities to practice your swing and challenge others to a friendly game.
Kiawah Island is also known for its pristine 10 miles of beaches that will make you want to spend as much time as possible soaking up the sun and relaxing in the surf. Whether you're ready for some high-energy fun while frolicking in the waves or looking for some peace and quiet as you catch up on your reading, there's plenty of beach for everyone to enjoy. The Travel Channel has honored the island as one of the "Top 10 Beaches for Families," while national Geographic Traveler called the island the "Second Most Romantic Beach in America." The rest of the natural scenery is a treat as well, including the maritime forests and marshes where you might catch a glimpse of a turtle, seabird or whitetail deer.
There's also plenty to experience indoors with a variety of dining options to suit all tastes and lovely shops lining the streets where you can enjoy some retail therapy picking out the perfect souvenirs.
Things to Do
- Heron Park Nature Center: Nature is abundant on Kiawah Island and a great place to experience it is at the Heron Park Nature Center. Take yourself on a tour down the miles of trails or set out on a kayak journey through the waters. You're bound to see not only lovely foliage but many animals that call this place home. You can also make reservations for a guided tour like a bird walk, an alligator walk, a butterfly walk and more. Unplug and leave the phone and computers for while to reconnect with nature!
- The Sanctuary Spa: A vacation is the ideal time to really let yourself relax and unwind. What better place to do so than a spa? Give yourself to the ultimate treat to rejuvenate your body and mind. Ease tired, aching muscles with a hot stone, classic or deep tissue massage, or pamper your skin with a facial or body treatment. You can even make an afternoon or day of it with spa medleys that include various different treatments to calm you from head to toe.
- Kiawah Beachwalker Park: The beaches are a must-see on Kiawah Island and Kiawah Beachwalker Park is a great option. You'll find it on the west end of the island, giving you with amazing ocean fronts as well as river views. The park is open year-round and provides picnic areas with grills where you can cook up a delicious meal, and depending on the season, the beach features lifeguards for your safety as well as a snack bar and outdoor showers so you don't have to wander around town full of sand. When the weather is warm, take advantage and jump into the water for a refreshing swim,enjoy a game of frisbee or get creative and building the most interesting sandcastle you can think of.
- Kiawah Island Ocean Course: Ranked the No. 4 public golf course in the U.S. and 25th of the 100 greatest U.S. golf courses by Golf Digest, Kiawah Island Ocean Golf Course is perfect for any golf enthusiast. The course hosted the 2012 PGA Championship, was designed by Pete Dye and spans 2.5 miles of ocean front. The Ocean Course is located in the eastern-most end of the island and all 18 holes offer panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. It's easy to enjoy the beautiful sights as you play.
Dining on Kiawah Island
- Southern Kitchen: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you'll find a delicious and hearty one at Southern Kitchen. This eatery serves up classic country dishes like biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, omelets and a variety of pancakes. There are also lighter options like steel cut oatmeal and smoothies. Top it off with bottomless mimosas or bloody marys to really start the day off right.
- Jasmine Porch Restaurant: This dining establishment was named best down home cookery by Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report, and it's outfitted with Charleston brick and oak-plank floors. Seafood is a highlight here as well as the organic local produce, all of which can be enjoyed under the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. Chef Ryley McGillis works with local farmers to specially tailor the menus according to the seasons. Try the excellent shrimp and grits or crab bisque. Jasmine Porch also offers a signature brunch that can be enjoyed with mimosas.