This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in Kiawah Island currently advertising. Please see the USA, South Carolina, Charleston Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Kiawah Island reviews
"I've vacationed at Kiawah for about 20 years, first as a teenager with my parents and now as an adult with my own family and children, and this was one of my best trips yet! My husband and I took our two children, and also treated both sets of our parents to a nice family vacation. This home was even better than we could have imagined - the photos do not do it justice! The set-up of this house was perfect and allowed everyone to have their own space. The kitchen was amazing and had everything we could possibly need - in fact, we cooked every meal at the house and didn't dine out at all during this trip! The porches at this home were a big hit with the entire family. We had one rainy day, and we were still able to enjoy some time outside on the screened and covered porches. We really enjoyed the neighborhood feel of this location. The cul-de-sac was nice - there was very little traffic and it was a very quiet and peaceful location. The drive to the beach was quick. It was amazing to see so few people on that stretch of beach, especially in early July! Another great feature of this home is the spacious garages. We used this space to store all of our bikes and beach gear. I could go on and on about this wonderful property. It perfectly met our needs, it was immaculate and well-maintained, the homeowner was extremely pleasant and helpful, and the property management group was top notch. This home will definitely be at the top of our list for all future Kiawah vacations!"Guest: Allison Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: July 15, 2014View listing
"The Sparrow Pond Cottage was a fabulous choice for our family of 6. It is nicely appointed and not "over furnished" like many similar units. We have stayed in Kiawah several times and overall, this Sparrow Pond was the best of many worlds for us. It was very close to the beach and General Store, and close enough to the entrance of the island that you could run to Harris Teeter in minutes. The owners were very accommodating with our dates and needs. If you're looking for a family friendly Kiawah cottage, this is a great choice."Guest: BeantownFamily Date of Stay: May 2014 Review Submitted: July 5, 2014View listing
"What a fabulous condo! Great walk to the beach, nice bikes, fully stocked kitchen. Loved the Keurig! We traveled to Kiawah for our 10 year wedding anniversary with our children ages 4 & 7. We had a family vacation that we will remember forever. Thanks for such a great experience!"Guest: CJ Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: September 14, 2014View listing
"Our family enjoyed our stay in this beautiful home. The beach was a easy 3 to 5 minute bike ride, which was easier then driving (we rented bikes and carts). We also took advantage of the pool and screened in porch every evening. We found the home to have plenty of space for 6 adults and 3 children (age two and under). Kiawah is a wonderful island, great for families and offers many activites, adventures, and wildlife to observe."Guest: Kim Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 23, 2014View listing
Kiawah Island Travel Tips
About 21 miles from exciting Charleston is the lovely oasis of Kiawah Island, known for its natural beauty and welcoming hospitality. It's a wonderful spot for a romantic getaway for two or a fun-filled adventure for the whole family.
Golf lovers will find five championship courses on the island, so there's plenty of opportunities to practice your swing and challenge others to a friendly game.
Kiawah Island is also known for its pristine 10 miles of beaches that will make you want to spend as much time as possible soaking up the sun and relaxing in the surf. Whether you're ready for some high-energy fun while frolicking in the waves or looking for some peace and quiet as you catch up on your reading, there's plenty of beach for everyone to enjoy. The Travel Channel has honored the island as one of the "Top 10 Beaches for Families," while national Geographic Traveler called the island the "Second Most Romantic Beach in America." The rest of the natural scenery is a treat as well, including the maritime forests and marshes where you might catch a glimpse of a turtle, seabird or whitetail deer.
There's also plenty to experience indoors with a variety of dining options to suit all tastes and lovely shops lining the streets where you can enjoy some retail therapy picking out the perfect souvenirs.
Things to Do
- Heron Park Nature Center: Nature is abundant on Kiawah Island and a great place to experience it is at the Heron Park Nature Center. Take yourself on a tour down the miles of trails or set out on a kayak journey through the waters. You're bound to see not only lovely foliage but many animals that call this place home. You can also make reservations for a guided tour like a bird walk, an alligator walk, a butterfly walk and more. Unplug and leave the phone and computers for while to reconnect with nature!
- The Sanctuary Spa: A vacation is the ideal time to really let yourself relax and unwind. What better place to do so than a spa? Give yourself to the ultimate treat to rejuvenate your body and mind. Ease tired, aching muscles with a hot stone, classic or deep tissue massage, or pamper your skin with a facial or body treatment. You can even make an afternoon or day of it with spa medleys that include various different treatments to calm you from head to toe.
- Kiawah Beachwalker Park: The beaches are a must-see on Kiawah Island and Kiawah Beachwalker Park is a great option. You'll find it on the west end of the island, giving you with amazing ocean fronts as well as river views. The park is open year-round and provides picnic areas with grills where you can cook up a delicious meal, and depending on the season, the beach features lifeguards for your safety as well as a snack bar and outdoor showers so you don't have to wander around town full of sand. When the weather is warm, take advantage and jump into the water for a refreshing swim,enjoy a game of frisbee or get creative and building the most interesting sandcastle you can think of.
- Kiawah Island Ocean Course: Ranked the No. 4 public golf course in the U.S. and 25th of the 100 greatest U.S. golf courses by Golf Digest, Kiawah Island Ocean Golf Course is perfect for any golf enthusiast. The course hosted the 2012 PGA Championship, was designed by Pete Dye and spans 2.5 miles of ocean front. The Ocean Course is located in the eastern-most end of the island and all 18 holes offer panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. It's easy to enjoy the beautiful sights as you play.
Dining on Kiawah Island
- Southern Kitchen: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you'll find a delicious and hearty one at Southern Kitchen. This eatery serves up classic country dishes like biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, omelets and a variety of pancakes. There are also lighter options like steel cut oatmeal and smoothies. Top it off with bottomless mimosas or bloody marys to really start the day off right.
- Jasmine Porch Restaurant: This dining establishment was named best down home cookery by Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report, and it's outfitted with Charleston brick and oak-plank floors. Seafood is a highlight here as well as the organic local produce, all of which can be enjoyed under the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. Chef Ryley McGillis works with local farmers to specially tailor the menus according to the seasons. Try the excellent shrimp and grits or crab bisque. Jasmine Porch also offers a signature brunch that can be enjoyed with mimosas.