VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Private Homes reviews
Great dog friendly vacation
"Great location . The golf course was like having a huge , landscaped yard. The pool was nice and refreshing. Some of the house decor was a little dated but everything worked fine, was very clean and had everything we needed. The walk to the beach was about 10 minutes but very pleasant walking through the sidestreets and across a neat bridge. Our dog had trouble walking that far so we often drove her and had great parking at an entrance near the Disney hotel about a 3 minute drive away. We had no problems or concerns during our stay so did not need to contact the owners but prior to arrival, the Boyd's were very easy to contact.
Palmetto dunes is a beautiful, walking and biking community where all the houses were built around the existing ancient moss covered oaks. The biking on the beach was especially fun."
Guest: Mike P.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: June 14, 2015
"I came down here with a group of 8 guys for a tennis tournament at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. The location of this house is fantastic, just a quick 2 minute walk to the beach (if that) and maybe 5-10 min walk or 2 minute drive back to the tennis center or the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course.
The house had plenty of space for our group to spread out and relax, with 6 separate bedrooms, a couple of sleeper sofas, and a couple of other regular couches as well.
Additionally, the welcome packet listed a few contact numbers in case of questions. I called one of the local numbers and the maintenance guy was very helpful and responsive when I had a quick question about where certain things were.
There were only a couple of downsides to the house to lead it to 4 stars instead of 5.
1) Mooring Buoy Road (the only road to this part of Palmetto Dunes) is being repaved right now, and it made getting in and out of the house a little annoying. I would think it will be done by the start of the busy season so this is probably only a valid point for the next few months and would affect all homes on the Mariner side of PD. Obviously this wasn't really in the owner's control.
2) The bathrooms and fixtures are a bit dated -- probably mid to late 80s would be my guess except for the in-law suite across the breezeway. They are all 100% functional and spacious, but could probably use a bit of updating.
Overall, this a great beach house with a fantastic location. Our group will definitely take a look at renting this house again next year. Thanks!"
Guest: Cliff6Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 14, 2015
All in all, a great home kept up with great care. I would rent again from Patty without hesitation!
"THINGS YOU WANT TO KNOW:
1. Furniture in excellent condition
2. Refrigerator with ice maker (filtered water provided by Brita water reservoir in frig that you need to fill on your own-it made the water taste exceedingly better)
3. Drip Coffee maker/ filters are provided in the cabinets
4. Iron and ironing board
5. 1 very large flat screen TV in living room and smaller ones in each bedroom
6. Hair dryer provided in each bathroom
7. Handheld Makeup mirrors in the bathroom (but they are not lighted)
8. Ceiling fans in each bedroom and in the living room
9. Whirlpool tubs in downstairs and upstairs bathrooms with stand up shower and separate tub
10. Two cribs with sheets, booster seat and high chair (stored in downstairs master bedroom closet)
11. Clean new mattresses in very good condition
12. Dishwasher detergent, sponge, dish washing liquid, paper towels, trash can bags provided
13. NO Laundry detergent so bring your own
14. Plenty of beach towels located above washer/dryer
15. Spice pantry fully stocked including salt and pepper
16. No safe in the home that I saw, so don’t bring valuables
17. 8 bikes provided some with baskets, 1 with child seat, attachable cart for young child as well
18. Ping pong, and foosball table
19. Heated pool (no extra charge)
20. Free standing above ground hot tub
21. Electronic push button front door entry that could be recoded to our own code that everyone in our family could remember
22. Extra pillows located in the downstairs master suite closet
23. 2 wonderful screened in porches which we used quite a bit.
24. Dishwasher, microwave, 2 ovens, washer/dryer, disposal
25. Several children’s books, novels, games and jigsaw puzzles
Patty, the owner, was a dream to work with. She was quick to respond to my emails when I had questions.
Upon our arrival, it was clear that the house was well taken care of. Linens, bedspreads pillows and mattress were all spotless. The only cleaning supply I bought was washer machine detergent. Patty also disclosed to me that she does not have the exterminator spray the house prior to the arrival of a family with little children (we had a newborn and 2 year old with us) which I find extremely thoughtful. I received my deposit check back in the mail in a timely manner with no deductions. All in all, a great home kept up with great care. I would rent again from Patty without hesitation."
Guest: Melissa C.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 11, 2015