- Nicest condo I have stayed in. Very well maintained, furnished and decorated.
- Everything was operational(TV's, appliances, fans, etc...). Having a full size ironing board was great. Have stayed in other units where all you get is the little travel ironing board. No issues at all that required owners attention.
- If I was an owner at Barefoot Resort, I'd be very happy with the maintenance of the property. There were people around constantly landscaping, caring for the pool, and doing exterior property maintenance.
- Having pool right opposite the front door of building very convenient. Pool was quiet for the most part. There were some knucklehead renters at the pool, but having others owners at the pool seemed to keep them in check.
-Not having to go through any registration/check-in was very nice. Drive up, get key out of lock box on door, and start your vacation. Two thumbs up!
Con(A couple of these were mentioned in earlier reviews)...
- Wireless as specified in condo description is not in unit, it is across the parking lot in the pool building. Signal in unit is almost non-existent except for patio, and even then is so-so. If you have a need to be connected a lot to computer/phone during your vacation, you will be frustrated/disappointed. We have Verizon, and even the cell(data) coverage was weak in the building(no fault of unit owner).
- Garage for another unit is directly below master bedroom. Garage door opener is really loud. Not a problem normally except that the owners were in and out of garage at least twice every morning before 8AM. So much for sleeping in.
- Didn't use shuttle at all(like having flexibility of car), but just an FYI, beach parking in the area around Barefoot Resort Cabana is very limited. There is a public parking lot about a 10 minute walk from the Cabana(to the north), but other than that, if you plan on driving to the beach, you better get there by 9-10.
- Didn't use garage at all. Really narrow. Much easier to park in front of bldg, and let car run to cool off for a couple of minutes prior to driving.
Summary...If there was "in-unit" wireless, and you could convince the owners with the garage below bedroom to sleep in, you have a perfect unit!!!!"
Date of Stay: June 2014
Review Submitted: July 30, 2014