"GREAT value for the area! 3 suites (2 king and 1 full/queen), plus a small boat slip, plus a wrap around main floor deck, plus a covered patio, plus free wifi. Most places on Horseshoe Bay with this kind of description will cost you at least double, if not more. That being said, there are a few little things that kept this from being a 5 star experience:
1. The kitchen is VERY,VERY small. More than one person being in the kitchen is next to impossible. This was a particular frustration for us since we cooked most of our meals.
2. The pots and pans are the typical non-stick kind of set where all the non-stick is peeling off into the food (sans one really good frypan). I would suggest bringing your own.
3. Though the downstairs master has a jetted tub, it also has a substantial amount of mold in the bathtub grout. Might not be a big deal for most, but we found it kind of gross.
4. The welcome binder is severely outdated and very dirty. Old maps, old write ups, and incorrect information. For example, one "helpful" bit of info describes a grocery store that will soon be built in 2012.
5. Unless you like swimming in trash and lake weed, swimming off the slip is not an option (though it's a perfect fishing spot in the morning).
Other things to consider...
1. Though there are restaurants, beaches, rentals, and swimming pools on the island, you do not have access to any of these unless you are a guest of the resort (which you are not with this rental), or you have a membership to the Yacht Club. They do not sell day passes. You will have to go into Marble Falls for decent places to eat (only a 10 minute drive).
2. For families with small children wanting to swim, we suggest going to a place called "The Slab" in Kingsland (about 20 minutes away). Go early, because it starts getting crowded around noon.
3. Make sure to go to The Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert... It doesn't matter. It's all fantastic!
4. There is a Dollar General about a mile from the condo. For more substantial grocery needs, there is an HEB in Marble Falls.
Again, an overall great stay. Owners are accessible and respond quickly. We would most definitely stay again. It's just the little things listed in the first section that keep it from being 5 stars... We would give it 4 1/3 stars. Hope this is helpful."
Guest: Brian C.
Date of Stay: June 2015
Review Submitted: June 29, 2015