VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This house was perfect for two families to share for the week with our small children seeking a relaxing time on the island. The location is ideal, especially if you don't care about having a bay-front property; everything is easy to get to - Main St, Island Creamery, the beach. Waking up with the sounds of the pond-dwelling birds was lovely and the kids were eager each morning to feed the ducks and refill the bird-feeders. The screened-in deck was the perfect place for every meal. The chiminea served us well for one-night of marshmallow roasting and we couldn't resist using the crab cooker after we brought home a bounty from Captain Barry's eco-tour. The shed is stocked with everything we needed for the beach, including umbrellas, chairs, sand toys and boogie boards. Our party included two 7 year olds, a 4 year old and a 2 year old, plus two sets of parents, and the house was plenty spacious enough for all of us. Having a two year old in the house was no problem since there is a crib, high chairs a-plenty and toys/games. The laundry room was helpful to have and used by both families. The outdoor shower area was a huge convenience when arriving home from the beach each day. Claudine and Richard were so caring and easy to work with, as was their local helper who tracked down and returned clothing left behind by accident in the house. Trying to figure out when we can get back. We loved this vacation and would do it again in a heartbeat."
Guest: Katey D.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 10, 2015
"Here are some pros and cons about Snug Harbor.
- Heat - At first the heat was awful! The first night we got there, the cabin was boiling hot. There's AC in the bedroom that we cranked up, but it took hours for it to cool the room and about 24 hours for it to start cooling the rest of the cabin (we had to keep the door to the bedroom open at all times). I had to sleep on the couch the first night because it was unbearable to sleep in single bed in the front room.
- No internet - there is a router in the office but my phone couldn't find it. When my one friend's computer picked it up, it wouldn't connect. Then the bars were so low it didn't really matter. Unless you go to the office, you won't be getting internet.
- Limited cleaning - We were there 5 nights and the cabin wasn't cleaned w/o our request. We had to ask for fresh towels, toilet paper and trash bags.
- No microwave - there was a fridge and stove but no microwave. Unfortunately, we had bought a lot of microwaveable foods in anticipation of eating in a few nights we didn't get to use.
- Bugs - Not the responsibility of Snug Harbor but worth mentioning. There are 3 kinds of pests on the island - black flies, horse flies and mosquitoes. The black flies are annoying but don't bite (we had a few of these in the cabin). The horse flies only seemed to be in the beach area and did bite. The mosquitoes are EVERYWHERE! We only had a couple in the cabin but they are rampant on the rest of the island, esp. near wooded/stagnant water areas. So be sure to pack lots of bug spray and long shirts/pants.
- Staff was wonderful - They were very friendly and answered all our questions.
- Kayaks/Boating on premises - They were readily available for rental. We took a guided kayak tour to see the wild ponies and got really close! The guide was knowledgeable and we had a great time!
- Beautiful view! - We were right on the water and had a spectacular view of the ponies, the lighthouse, and the water. It wasn't noisy at all and the sound of the water was very relaxing.
- Near all the sights - Getting to the beach, trails, and shops was very easy. They provide maps in the office and we were able to get from Snug Harbor to all the sights without trouble.
- Pricing - The rates were affordable considering everything that's included. The four of us paid about $360 each for 5 nights. Considering we had the kitchen, beds for four people, and were overlooking the water, we thought it was very reasonably priced."
Guest: Caitlin M.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 15, 2015
"I'm apprehensive about writing glowing review of this property because I'm afraid that other people will see it and book this house and I'll never be able to get back in again! The house was simply fantastic. Comfortable, beautiful, well stocked. The views are magnificent. Two porches to choose from. Water views. Paddle from the house. Ride to the beach. I think this was the nicest place I have ever rented. This was a kid vacation and the house worked really well - they took over the turret / roost and wouldn't let any adults in! Plus they had lots of space to play outside. Thanks. Really great place."
Guest: Dan Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: May 4, 2015
"My daughters and I spent 4 days here over the Christmas holiday. The owners were wonderful to work with, the house was even better than described and the location was perfect. The sunrise over the water from the balconies was breathtaking. We would definitely stay here again!!"
Guest: Nancy S.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 6, 2015