VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"Here are some pros and cons about Snug Harbor.
- Heat - At first the heat was awful! The first night we got there, the cabin was boiling hot. There's AC in the bedroom that we cranked up, but it took hours for it to cool the room and about 24 hours for it to start cooling the rest of the cabin (we had to keep the door to the bedroom open at all times). I had to sleep on the couch the first night because it was unbearable to sleep in single bed in the front room.
- No internet - there is a router in the office but my phone couldn't find it. When my one friend's computer picked it up, it wouldn't connect. Then the bars were so low it didn't really matter. Unless you go to the office, you won't be getting internet.
- Limited cleaning - We were there 5 nights and the cabin wasn't cleaned w/o our request. We had to ask for fresh towels, toilet paper and trash bags.
- No microwave - there was a fridge and stove but no microwave. Unfortunately, we had bought a lot of microwaveable foods in anticipation of eating in a few nights we didn't get to use.
- Bugs - Not the responsibility of Snug Harbor but worth mentioning. There are 3 kinds of pests on the island - black flies, horse flies and mosquitoes. The black flies are annoying but don't bite (we had a few of these in the cabin). The horse flies only seemed to be in the beach area and did bite. The mosquitoes are EVERYWHERE! We only had a couple in the cabin but they are rampant on the rest of the island, esp. near wooded/stagnant water areas. So be sure to pack lots of bug spray and long shirts/pants.
- Staff was wonderful - They were very friendly and answered all our questions.
- Kayaks/Boating on premises - They were readily available for rental. We took a guided kayak tour to see the wild ponies and got really close! The guide was knowledgeable and we had a great time!
- Beautiful view! - We were right on the water and had a spectacular view of the ponies, the lighthouse, and the water. It wasn't noisy at all and the sound of the water was very relaxing.
- Near all the sights - Getting to the beach, trails, and shops was very easy. They provide maps in the office and we were able to get from Snug Harbor to all the sights without trouble.
- Pricing - The rates were affordable considering everything that's included. The four of us paid about $360 each for 5 nights. Considering we had the kitchen, beds for four people, and were overlooking the water, we thought it was very reasonably priced."
Guest: Caitlin M.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 15, 2015
"My parents and I thoroughly enjoyed our 5 day stay at this amazing house in a little bit of paradise. We were sad to leave and immediately started thinking about when to return. The house is welcoming and comfortable without being pretentious, which I really appreciate. We felt very much at home and especially loved sitting on the upper and lower decks, depending on the time of day. Morning and nighttime were perfect for the upper deck, while the lower deck and screened in porch provided shade in the heat of the afternoon. So much thought and care has gone into the design of the house, which integrates beautifully with the natural surroundings. There is a high level of privacy here with large trees separting the adjacent houses.
I kayaked as much as possible, but we also loved staying at the house. Even the one really rainy day was enjoyable as we remained cozy inside and watched the rain fall through the many windows. The windows, in fact, are one of the best features of this house. Lots of light and so many views. The property was immaculately clean and the kitchen well-stocked. One oddity is that there is no oven, but there is an outdoor grill and of course a stove. We had no need for an oven and were able to cook our meals without difficulty. Love the rounded dining nook! I would definitely come back for another vacation (longer would be better) and do highly recommend this property for smaller groups or families."
Guest: Gina L.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: July 30, 2015
BEST property on Chincoteague Island!! BEST Owner!!
"Been going to Chincoteague for 30 years - this is the best condo EVER. Tons of items included - beach chairs, beach equipment - cute vanity kits for each bathroom (soap/shampoo/body wash/brush/comb/toothbrush/toothpaste/loofah. Also - incredible communication by the owner - Deb of Sea Breeze was there every step of the way and even texted us when we got there to make sure we arrived - and texted us after we left to make sure we got home safe! Will definitely stay there again....it's like a 5 star Condo in Palm Beach! You will hit a home run with this place !!! Thank you again, Deb!!"
Guest: Nancy D.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: October 15, 2015
"Our family of 2 grandmothers, 1 mom and a 3 1/2 year old had a lovely weekend in this gracious house. We were sorry that we were only able to stay 2 nights--the area invites a longer visit. A huge bonus for us was a great playground up the street, with spectacular bay views. We especially appreciated the range of dishes and cookware in the kitchen, as we ate several meals at home. It was also fascinating to watch the activity of the shellfish company next door, a special treat for our grandson. After we returned home, we were contacted by the owners who texted a photo of clothes I had inadvertently left in a bedroom drawer! They sent them to me immediately. I am so grateful for their caring response and for packing up my things and sending them to me. Every member of our family enjoyed our time in this open and comfortable home."
Guest: Sue E.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: November 20, 2015